Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Internal Revenue Service

As a bureau of the Department of the Treasury and as one of the world's most efficient tax administrators, the IRS role is to help the large majority of compliant taxpayers with the tax law, while ensuring that the minority who are unwilling to comply pay their fair share. (Source: www.irs.gov)

This forum will allow you to share and ask job-related questions about this bureau. This is NOT the place to ask tax questions.

162 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AuditorHopeful  
#141 Posted : Tuesday, December 11, 2018 6:31:51 PM(UTC)
AuditorHopeful

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/1/2018(UTC)
Posts: 6

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: capucha Go to Quoted Post
After reading through this thread I am totally confused. It seems like the hiring officials don't even really know what is going on. I applied to the RA hiring wave back in 2016, took the assessment, received a Cat B rating, interviewed, was offered a position, but I declined because I didn't want to move to another state at that time.

Fast forward to today. I applied again, only this time I was not invited to take the assessment. After 2 weeks of trying to reach someone at the hiring office to find out why I wasn't invited to take the assessment this time around, someone finally returned my phone call and explained that I was not invited to take the assessment because I took it in 2016 and based on that assessment, I am a Cat A, so they said I didn't need to take it again.

My first question is how can I have been a Cat B in 2016, but a Cat A now without retaking the assessment? Did they change the parameters for each Cat rating?

My second question is does it seem plausible that I wasn't invited to take the assessment this time because I already took it during the last hiring wave? Based on this thread, the assessment this time around is different, and in addition, others have commented that they also took the assessment in 2016, received a Cat A at that time, but were still invited to take it again this time around.

Does it sound like the info the hiring official gave me could have been bogus?



Based on what you said it definitely seems like HR doesn’t know either. I applied in 2016, received Cat A and was offered a position. I received two separate emails this time around to take the assessment and when I contacted HR to see if it was necessary, since scores were supposed to be good indefinitely, they responded that I had to take the test again because it had changed since the last time I took it.
thanks 1 user thanked AuditorHopeful for this useful post.
capucha on 12/12/2018(UTC)
ironman0786  
#142 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 1:49:49 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/4/2011(UTC)
Posts: 353

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Originally Posted by: AuditorHopeful Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: capucha Go to Quoted Post
After reading through this thread I am totally confused. It seems like the hiring officials don't even really know what is going on. I applied to the RA hiring wave back in 2016, took the assessment, received a Cat B rating, interviewed, was offered a position, but I declined because I didn't want to move to another state at that time.

Fast forward to today. I applied again, only this time I was not invited to take the assessment. After 2 weeks of trying to reach someone at the hiring office to find out why I wasn't invited to take the assessment this time around, someone finally returned my phone call and explained that I was not invited to take the assessment because I took it in 2016 and based on that assessment, I am a Cat A, so they said I didn't need to take it again.

My first question is how can I have been a Cat B in 2016, but a Cat A now without retaking the assessment? Did they change the parameters for each Cat rating?

My second question is does it seem plausible that I wasn't invited to take the assessment this time because I already took it during the last hiring wave? Based on this thread, the assessment this time around is different, and in addition, others have commented that they also took the assessment in 2016, received a Cat A at that time, but were still invited to take it again this time around.

Does it sound like the info the hiring official gave me could have been bogus?



Based on what you said it definitely seems like HR doesn’t know either. I applied in 2016, received Cat A and was offered a position. I received two separate emails this time around to take the assessment and when I contacted HR to see if it was necessary, since scores were supposed to be good indefinitely, they responded that I had to take the test again because it had changed since the last time I took it.



This is correct, same with me, applied in 2009 got CAT B, applied in 2016 got CAT A, was offered, applied this time got the email saying whoever has taken it before does not need to take it unless you want to try to do better. Then a few days later and email say everyone must take this years test because it is the updated version. And based on the test it is, the questions and test overall was more difficult and tested more knowledge then past test from what I can remember.
eldod  
#143 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 5:50:55 AM(UTC)
eldod

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/10/2018(UTC)
Posts: 14
United States

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Just recieved the following email:

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
Employment, Talent & Security
Employment Center South
SBSE2EXTAPP@IRS.GOV

Announcement: 19CS5-SBX0012-512-7/11-GO
Position: Internal Revenue Agent *12 Month Register*

Dear:

This is notification to inform you of a 2nd cut-off for announcement 19CS5-SBX0012-512-7/11-GO. If you have additional experience, recently graduated from College or if you need to add additional supporting documents (such as transcripts, DD214, VA letter, etc) or add information to your application you can update your application in USAJobs.

The 2nd cut-off will be December 28, 2018. Please ensure your information is updated in your application, and all required documents are uploaded on/or before 11:59pm on Friday, December 28, 2018.


Sincerely,

Employment Center South
Section 5
SBSE2EXTAPP@IRS.GOV
capucha  
#144 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:50:06 AM(UTC)
capucha

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 79
United States

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eldod Go to Quoted Post
Just recieved the following email:

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
Employment, Talent & Security
Employment Center South
SBSE2EXTAPP@IRS.GOV

Announcement: 19CS5-SBX0012-512-7/11-GO
Position: Internal Revenue Agent *12 Month Register*

Dear:

This is notification to inform you of a 2nd cut-off for announcement 19CS5-SBX0012-512-7/11-GO. If you have additional experience, recently graduated from College or if you need to add additional supporting documents (such as transcripts, DD214, VA letter, etc) or add information to your application you can update your application in USAJobs.

The 2nd cut-off will be December 28, 2018. Please ensure your information is updated in your application, and all required documents are uploaded on/or before 11:59pm on Friday, December 28, 2018.


Sincerely,

Employment Center South
Section 5
SBSE2EXTAPP@IRS.GOV



I received the same email. No I am wondering if this email was sent to all applicants or just those who didn't meet qualifications during the first cut off? Were you invited to take the assessment during the first cut off?
capucha  
#145 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:51:28 AM(UTC)
capucha

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/2/2017(UTC)
Posts: 79
United States

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Originally Posted by: capucha Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: eldod Go to Quoted Post
Just recieved the following email:

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
Employment, Talent & Security
Employment Center South
SBSE2EXTAPP@IRS.GOV

Announcement: 19CS5-SBX0012-512-7/11-GO
Position: Internal Revenue Agent *12 Month Register*

Dear:

This is notification to inform you of a 2nd cut-off for announcement 19CS5-SBX0012-512-7/11-GO. If you have additional experience, recently graduated from College or if you need to add additional supporting documents (such as transcripts, DD214, VA letter, etc) or add information to your application you can update your application in USAJobs.

The 2nd cut-off will be December 28, 2018. Please ensure your information is updated in your application, and all required documents are uploaded on/or before 11:59pm on Friday, December 28, 2018.


Sincerely,

Employment Center South
Section 5
SBSE2EXTAPP@IRS.GOV



I received the same email. No I am wondering if this email was sent to all applicants or just those who didn't meet qualifications during the first cut off? Were you invited to take the assessment during the first cut off?



Now*
cooljul  
#146 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 6:59:15 AM(UTC)
cooljul

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/31/2018(UTC)
Posts: 213

Thanks: 62 times
Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 64 post(s)
I got the email too. I applied before first cutoff and took the assessment. External, non-vet, haven't heard anything since except this email about the 2nd cutoff. Still sitting tight.

Read somewhere else that they're interviewing internal applicants this week and next week, and will get to the external applicants after the new year. Still hoping for a category rating before the 20th as was told in their first email regarding the assessment.
VaVirgo79  
#147 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:10:09 AM(UTC)
VaVirgo79

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/26/2018(UTC)
Posts: 17
United States

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cooljul Go to Quoted Post
I got the email too. I applied before first cutoff and took the assessment. External, non-vet, haven't heard anything since except this email about the 2nd cutoff. Still sitting tight.

Read somewhere else that they're interviewing internal applicants this week and next week, and will get to the external applicants after the new year. Still hoping for a category rating before the 20th as was told in their first email regarding the assessment.


From all of my time dealing with applying for these positions I’ve never seen them send results earlier than what they say said they would.

VaVirgo79  
#148 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:11:44 AM(UTC)
VaVirgo79

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/26/2018(UTC)
Posts: 17
United States

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
As far as that email is concerned. I think it’s easier to send an email to everyone who applied rather than try and figure out who met the first cut off and took the assessment and remove those people. I don’t think it has anything to do with whether your documentation didn’t qualify.
eldod  
#149 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:14:22 AM(UTC)
eldod

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/10/2018(UTC)
Posts: 14
United States

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: capucha Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: eldod Go to Quoted Post
Just recieved the following email:

Department of the Treasury
Internal Revenue Service

Human Capital Office
Employment, Talent & Security
Employment Center South
SBSE2EXTAPP@IRS.GOV

Announcement: 19CS5-SBX0012-512-7/11-GO
Position: Internal Revenue Agent *12 Month Register*

Dear:

This is notification to inform you of a 2nd cut-off for announcement 19CS5-SBX0012-512-7/11-GO. If you have additional experience, recently graduated from College or if you need to add additional supporting documents (such as transcripts, DD214, VA letter, etc) or add information to your application you can update your application in USAJobs.

The 2nd cut-off will be December 28, 2018. Please ensure your information is updated in your application, and all required documents are uploaded on/or before 11:59pm on Friday, December 28, 2018.


Sincerely,

Employment Center South
Section 5
SBSE2EXTAPP@IRS.GOV



I received the same email. No I am wondering if this email was sent to all applicants or just those who didn't meet qualifications during the first cut off? Were you invited to take the assessment during the first cut off?



I applied before first cutoff and took the assessment. External, non-vet.....
Nathan Drake  
#150 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:16:37 AM(UTC)
Nathan Drake

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/5/2018(UTC)
Posts: 49
United States

Thanks: 2 times
Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I received the same email this morning. I'm pretty sure everyone who applied received it. I took the test a couple of weeks ago and we should get the results next Thursday.
cooljul  
#151 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:22:20 AM(UTC)
cooljul

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/31/2018(UTC)
Posts: 213

Thanks: 62 times
Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Originally Posted by: VaVirgo79 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: cooljul Go to Quoted Post
I got the email too. I applied before first cutoff and took the assessment. External, non-vet, haven't heard anything since except this email about the 2nd cutoff. Still sitting tight.

Read somewhere else that they're interviewing internal applicants this week and next week, and will get to the external applicants after the new year. Still hoping for a category rating before the 20th as was told in their first email regarding the assessment.


From all of my time dealing with applying for these positions I’ve never seen them send results earlier than what they say said they would.



Agreed. Just meant even if we don't interview before the 20th would still like to know how I did on the assessment to have a better idea where I stand. Not expecting anything before the 20th but hoping the 20th doesn't come and go and still hear nothing.
VaVirgo79  
#152 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:36:27 AM(UTC)
VaVirgo79

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/26/2018(UTC)
Posts: 17
United States

Thanks: 6 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cooljul Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: VaVirgo79 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: cooljul Go to Quoted Post
I got the email too. I applied before first cutoff and took the assessment. External, non-vet, haven't heard anything since except this email about the 2nd cutoff. Still sitting tight.

Read somewhere else that they're interviewing internal applicants this week and next week, and will get to the external applicants after the new year. Still hoping for a category rating before the 20th as was told in their first email regarding the assessment.


From all of my time dealing with applying for these positions I’ve never seen them send results earlier than what they say said they would.



Agreed. Just meant even if we don't interview before the 20th would still like to know how I did on the assessment to have a better idea where I stand. Not expecting anything before the 20th but hoping the 20th doesn't come and go and still hear nothing.


Oh none of us externals will interview before the 20th. Once they send out the results to us on the 20th they fill forward names to the different PODs and then they will decide who they want to call. I honestly don’t think any externals will get interviewed until after the new year. You will definitely know by the 20th where you stand as far as what category you are and most likely what grades you qualify for.
scottyd27  
#153 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:47:10 AM(UTC)
scottyd27

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/20/2018(UTC)
Posts: 585
United States

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 187 time(s) in 132 post(s)
I believe I’m going to withdraw from consideration.

I have a good job with the service that I like and am good at.after taking that test I don’t think I’d like the RA position.

I’m more enforcement minded.
N.E.R.D.  
#154 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 6:22:51 AM(UTC)
N.E.R.D.

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/28/2018(UTC)
Posts: 151
United States

Thanks: 127 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
I believe I’m going to withdraw from consideration.

I have a good job with the service that I like and am good at.after taking that test I don’t think I’d like the RA position.

I’m more enforcement minded.


I'm feeling the same way. I'm not really stressing about this position as I already have a good job with good pay. I just want to see what exactly the IRS has to offer. If it's nothing marginally better than my job, which would be hard to beat, I will politely decline the offer. The most exciting thing for me is seeing how I did on the test lol.
cooljul  
#155 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 8:46:55 AM(UTC)
cooljul

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/31/2018(UTC)
Posts: 213

Thanks: 62 times
Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
I believe I’m going to withdraw from consideration.

I have a good job with the service that I like and am good at.after taking that test I don’t think I’d like the RA position.

I’m more enforcement minded.


Really? the assessment made me more interested in the position. It's the kind of stuff I like to do - like solving a puzzle.
slowpoke  
#156 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 8:53:37 AM(UTC)
slowpoke

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/10/2015(UTC)
Posts: 581
United States

Thanks: 121 times
Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 117 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cooljul Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: scottyd27 Go to Quoted Post
I believe I’m going to withdraw from consideration.

I have a good job with the service that I like and am good at.after taking that test I don’t think I’d like the RA position.

I’m more enforcement minded.


Really? the assessment made me more interested in the position. It's the kind of stuff I like to do - like solving a puzzle.


I agree it does make it interesting. We'll get to use accounting.
eldod  
#157 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 9:07:52 AM(UTC)
eldod

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/10/2018(UTC)
Posts: 14
United States

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Guys ... heads up ....

I just received an email which includes my Assessment Notice of Rating ......

Check your emails ..... good luck to you all ....
N.E.R.D.  
#158 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 9:08:28 AM(UTC)
N.E.R.D.

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/28/2018(UTC)
Posts: 151
United States

Thanks: 127 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Just received my results! Category A Superior! Curious to see what's next!
cooljul  
#159 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 9:11:21 AM(UTC)
cooljul

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/31/2018(UTC)
Posts: 213

Thanks: 62 times
Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 64 post(s)
gahhhh I have nothing yet :(
N.E.R.D.  
#160 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2018 9:14:47 AM(UTC)
N.E.R.D.

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/28/2018(UTC)
Posts: 151
United States

Thanks: 127 times
Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Also I am eligible for Grade 11 so it's good to see that I can get hired at the higher level.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest
162 Pages«<678910>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 0.953 seconds.