Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

HHS

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is the United States government's principal agency for protecting the health of all Americans and providing essential human services, especially for those who are least able to help themselves.

Source: www.hhs.gov/about/

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Fedd  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 07, 2018 12:11:20 PM(UTC)
Fedd

Groups: Registered

In the past all that needed to be done was to fill out a couple of forms, 745 and 828, and you'd have a renewed PIV in a couple of weeks. I'm now seeing employees have to complete an e-qip and background investigation. Can someone please confirm? I wonder what brought these changes?
ex-military  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 09, 2018 4:30:13 AM(UTC)
ex-military

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Both instances seem like an awful bit of work for an expiring PIV card. In my Agency, we just go get new PIV cards. We got emails telling us our PIV cards expired in 90 days, and provided a local contact for renewal. I made a phone call, and yesterday four of us in my office went downtown and 20 minutes later all walked out with new PIVs. What you are describing makes no sense for a simple renewal.
upandup  
#3 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 8:34:47 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
It may be the case that some individuals needing renewals do not have a sufficient background investigation on record. I have seen this with long-term employees without a clearance who had to get a Tier 1 initiated to get a card renewed due to enforcement of the HSPD-12 requirements.

The requirements are:
A credential is issued only after National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) (or equivalent
or higher) or Tier 1 or higher federal background investigation is initiated3 and the Federal Bureau of
Investigation (FBI) National Criminal History Check (NCHC) portion of the background
investigation is completed.
https://nvlpubs.nist.gov...FIPS/NIST.FIPS.201-2.pdf
upandup  
#4 Posted : Monday, November 12, 2018 8:41:12 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Here's an answer that may be relevant from the NIH website; since NIH is part of HHS, this may explain what is going on:

Question
I've already had a background check. Will I need a new one?
Although the new ID badge process does not require a reinvestigation, some individuals may need a new investigation because they had a break in continuous Federal service or there is no record of their previous investigation if it was conducted over 15 years ago. The U.S. Office of Personnel Management (OPM) maintains most investigative files only for 15 years.

When you are notified to apply for your new ID badge, an NIH representative will let you know if your current background investigation file (if you had one) is sufficient. If it is not, he or she will help you complete the appropriate forms; you will only complete the questionnaire pertinent to the level of sensitivity assigned to your job. ​
https://www.ors.od.nih.g...ser/dpsac/Pages/FAQ.aspx
Rss Feed  Atom Feed