Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Relocating

Are you considering relocating your federal career - either by your choice or by Uncle Sam? There are practical issues and concerns to think about when deciding whether or not to relocate. Others have done it while still others have not. This forum will allow for all to offer their insight, post their questions, and help each other out.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
snowrider52  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 28, 2018 8:40:28 AM(UTC)
snowrider52

Groups: Registered
United States

I recently was PCS'd by the government in June. Thinking we would be in the new position for at least three years we purchased a home. Right after we had made our first payment on our home in November, I was informed that my position would not be funded in FY20 along with other positions. I am now looking for new positions but nothing will be in the same area, so we will have to sell my home. Are there any programs that would be available if we had to sell, that would reimburse expenses for the home sale, if we had to sell below what we bought it for or realtor expenses. We were reimbursed for realtor expenses for selling our home when we moved, and for our purchase expenses. Any advice would be appreciated as I look for a new position.
djp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 01, 2018 2:16:52 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 96 post(s)
No.

The only thing if your PCS was covered you shouldn’t have to pay back the move costs.
frankgonzalez  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 03, 2018 4:10:46 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 851 time(s) in 673 post(s)
Originally Posted by: snowrider52 Go to Quoted Post
I recently was PCS'd by the government in June. Thinking we would be in the new position for at least three years we purchased a home. Right after we had made our first payment on our home in November, I was informed that my position would not be funded in FY20 along with other positions. I am now looking for new positions but nothing will be in the same area, so we will have to sell my home. Are there any programs that would be available if we had to sell, that would reimburse expenses for the home sale, if we had to sell below what we bought it for or realtor expenses. We were reimbursed for realtor expenses for selling our home when we moved, and for our purchase expenses. Any advice would be appreciated as I look for a new position.
If you are being RIF'd then certain rules kick in (such a priority placement, etc). Have you been told you will be let go or just that your position won't be funded in FY20 (that is almost a year away). And remember, things can change in just a few months. Unfunded today, could be funded tomorrow.

If you find a new position which pays PCS costs, then you may get the same as you got in this PCS.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed