Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aazz  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 7:50:43 PM(UTC)
Aazz

Groups: Registered

Ok so I applied 3 months ago, did the test, did the interview, the PM and one other interviewer really liked me. Told me they’d definitely be in touch. After the interview my status went to hiring list. It stayed like that for about 2 months, so I called the PM and he said he’s trying to get me on board , he just needs to talk to a lady. So I wait. A month later still nothing happened, at this point I didn’t even get any emails for background check and all that, so I called again, this time someone else answered, he gave me the HR’s number, said I’m still in process and it’s all up to HR now. So I call the HR the next day and the lady told me this post office isn’t even hiring anymore, that they’ve already hired the one person they want, so I’m all confused and called the PM the next day, he again told me, he needs to talk to the same lady and see if I’m still on the list, that he will call me back.
And of course like the lying person he is, it’s been 2 days and no calls from him at all. I’m just so confused, what is going on? Why does he keep putting me off instead of just tell me the truth? Why lie every time? And even lie about calling me back? Can’t believe the postmaster has no credibility at all. I’m even starting to feel like he doesn’t even remember who I am every time I call, and just use the other lady as an excuse to finish the conversation, maybe he does this to anyone that calls.
Any thoughts, I’m just so upset. I’m gonna call at mid December and ask to speak to the lady directly. I’m done.
TheUnderverse15  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 8:00:51 PM(UTC)
TheUnderverse15

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aazz Go to Quoted Post
Ok so I applied 3 months ago, did the test, did the interview, the PM and one other interviewer really liked me. Told me they’d definitely be in touch. After the interview my status went to hiring list. It stayed like that for about 2 months, so I called the PM and he said he’s trying to get me on board , he just needs to talk to a lady. So I wait. A month later still nothing happened, at this point I didn’t even get any emails for background check and all that, so I called again, this time someone else answered, he gave me the HR’s number, said I’m still in process and it’s all up to HR now. So I call the HR the next day and the lady told me this post office isn’t even hiring anymore, that they’ve already hired the one person they want, so I’m all confused and called the PM the next day, he again told me, he needs to talk to the same lady and see if I’m still on the list, that he will call me back.
And of course like the lying person he is, it’s been 2 days and no calls from him at all. I’m just so confused, what is going on? Why does he keep putting me off instead of just tell me the truth? Why lie every time? And even lie about calling me back? Can’t believe the postmaster has no credibility at all. I’m even starting to feel like he doesn’t even remember who I am every time I call, and just use the other lady as an excuse to finish the conversation, maybe he does this to anyone that calls.
Any thoughts, I’m just so upset. I’m gonna call at mid December and ask to speak to the lady directly. I’m done.

If its that bad, why bother? If the guy isnt helping you or telling the truth. Just move on, do you really want to work for people like that? You are causing yourself more stress by hanging on their words each day.
Pinkkittylamp  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 8:01:11 PM(UTC)
Pinkkittylamp

United States

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 15 post(s)
From my past experiences, it’s not up to the PM. No matter how much they like you during the interview, ultimately it’s not their choice at the end of it. Just cut your losses and move on. Apply elsewhere.

What’s the point of calling HR again, anyway? They already told you.

And, I’m sorry, but it’s a busy time of the year so I’m sure getting back to you is the furthest thing on his mind.
Hannah Blector  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 8:20:42 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 1062 time(s) in 692 post(s)
Lying is how many managers get their promotions. They fill out a "Biggest Liar" form (PS 991) when applying for a promotion.

Lying is how they avoid accountability and responsibility. And those you would think would care (the next level up managers) do not. That is because they also are likely very good liars and know they benefit by allowing those below them to lie with impunity.

If lying bothers you, you will be bothered a lot if you hire on with the USPS.
postalvet  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 8:39:56 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2747 time(s) in 2149 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Aazz Go to Quoted Post

in order to be a postal manager they are told never tell the truth to anyone or their azz is grass.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
thanks 1 user thanked postalvet for this useful post.
Hannah Blector on 12/7/2018(UTC)
Hannah Blector  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 07, 2018 8:54:48 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

I have seen them lie even when the truth would actually be better for them. Lying is so much a part of the DNA of postal management that it is assumed it is always better to tell the lie.
Aazz  
#7 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2018 8:42:40 AM(UTC)
Aazz

Originally Posted by: Pinkkittylamp Go to Quoted Post
From my past experiences, it’s not up to the PM. No matter how much they like you during the interview, ultimately it’s not their choice at the end of it. Just cut your losses and move on. Apply elsewhere.

What’s the point of calling HR again, anyway? They already told you.

And, I’m sorry, but it’s a busy time of the year so I’m sure getting back to you is the furthest thing on his mind.

Do you know who makes the decision then? Also the lady I wanna speak to isn’t HR, the PM keeps telling me he needs to speak to a lady named Carrie every time I call, I don’t even know who she is (I hope she exists?!?! Lol) so I wanna call her directly and see what’s going on and be done.

Edited by user Saturday, December 08, 2018 8:43:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JcmTee  
#8 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2018 10:05:35 AM(UTC)
JcmTee

United States

I’m confused as well. Why on earth are you still harassing the PM with phone calls and even wanting to call back to speak to this said “lady”, when HR told you that someone had already been hired!? HR has the final say so, so what more is there that you want to know? The PM doesn’t owe you an explanation. Hell you just were not selected! Could be the other person scored higher then you plus interviewed well. Who knows. But you didn’t get the job so stop being confused and move right along!

Edited by user Saturday, December 08, 2018 10:07:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hannah Blector  
#9 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2018 10:23:22 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Also, you risk giving the impression that you want to be a postal worker so bad that there must be something wrong with you.

I don't recall if you said what job you were seeking. But if you get hired as a CCA, there is perhaps a one in three chance you will stay.

If you want to be a CCA and are near a larger city, I don't think you will have a problem getting a chance. Pretty much don't shoot up on the interview and you have a job.
belmont  
#10 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2018 3:50:53 PM(UTC)
belmont

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Under the old hiring system, the PM only can recommend people for the job. For example, he interviews 5 people. He likes 4 of them. They move to "hiring list." He passes that on to HR, and the highest score gets the offer. Period. First offer declines, next highest score gets the offer. If all 4 reject or flame out, they go back to the initial list and bring more people in if it's within 4 months. After 4 months, they repost the job.

Now, under the Hero system that was up for only a month, that new system ends the old test and gives the PM more power to select who he wants in the interview. Not sure when they are going back to the Hero system, likely some time in 2019.

Edited by user Saturday, December 08, 2018 3:52:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

postalvet  
#11 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2018 4:37:58 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2747 time(s) in 2149 post(s)
as of aug 2018 hero was still in effect

https://link.usps.com/2018/08/15/hero-hiring/
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
belmont  
#12 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2018 5:02:01 PM(UTC)
belmont

Man
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 11 post(s)
The Hero system is not operating, the site is not even up anymore. You get a blank page. All jobs are posted on the old system and the tests are still being offered and used to hire.

USPS hiring is all on the old system until they work out the issues.

Originally Posted by: postalvet Go to Quoted Post
as of aug 2018 hero was still in effect

https://link.usps.com/2018/08/15/hero-hiring/

Enigma  
#13 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2018 5:40:51 PM(UTC)
Enigma

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I took the test in January was interviewed on St Patrick's day and the interview went really well yet wasn't hired for the position till mid May.

I actually applied to and interviewed for other positions thinking they didn't want me and suddenly got all the job offers at once
Smearski  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2018 6:56:55 AM(UTC)
Smearski

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Stop being so desperate, this job sucks anyway.
Minnesota Postmaster  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 3:42:26 AM(UTC)
Minnesota Postmaster

United States

Was thanked: 101 time(s) in 83 post(s)
The PM is definitely spineless. He should have just told you that you did not get the job. The PM received a list of applicants and had to pick someone from the top 3. You obviously were not the one selected. Sorry, but you need to move on.
Just because you are paranoid does not mean that they are not out to get you
GordonG  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 4:24:29 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 1115 time(s) in 706 post(s)
My suggestion?

Wait till after the New Year and then reach out to the PM.

This is the busiest time of the year for us. Super...Duper...Trooper...Out of your mind...BUSY.

Your concerns and needs...like getting a freaking job...are of ZERO concern of the PM.

Good luck.
"Fear, not clemency, restrains the wicked."

"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
Randy1  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 13, 2018 7:13:27 AM(UTC)
Randy1

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Smearski Go to Quoted Post
Stop being so desperate, this job sucks anyway.

Exactly.. The PM is doing you a favor. The P.O. treats all their employees like crap. As you can see it's started to you before you are even hired. Move on and get a job where you will actually be treated much better IMHO.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed