Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
eggsandwich  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2018 4:44:34 PM(UTC)
eggsandwich

Groups: Registered
United States

I have been an RCA for a year and a half and its not for me. There are career TTO positions open near me and i am thinking about applying. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons?
postalvet  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 08, 2018 5:27:59 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2747 time(s) in 2149 post(s)
Originally Posted by: eggsandwich Go to Quoted Post
I have been an RCA for a year and a half and its not for me. There are career TTO positions open near me and i am thinking about applying. Can anyone tell me the pros and cons?

it still the post office.

driving in traffic during rush hours.

responsible for anything that happens while all that mail is in your custody, this includes any money you will be required to carry if your area still uses the mvs service to take the money to the plant.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
Mack77  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 09, 2018 7:47:51 PM(UTC)
Mack77

United States

TTO here, You have to have a CDL Class A and at least two years of tractor trailer experience to become a TTO. Assuming you have that, it's one of the few crafts that is almost always career from the start, PTF but career just the same. TTO's run 24/7 split into three tours so depending on where you're at don't plan to work days or have weekends off for at least 10-15 years.

Tour one delivers mail to the stations overnight, tour two does a lot of customer swaps (Amazon etc.) and tour three collects the mail from the stations in the afternoon/evening. Trucks aren't LLV old and ratty but they're not great either, they haven't bought tractors since 2006 and you still run into trailers from the 1970s. You don't have to worry about shifting as all the trucks are automatics but you have to be good at backing as some stations are tight for a tractor trailer.

You load all of your own mail and unload it, some stations can get three 100% full trailer loads a day. That's pretty much it, let me know if you have any specific questions.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed