Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PriorityPlacementisaCrock  
#1 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2018 1:55:57 PM(UTC)
PriorityPlacementisaCrock

Groups: Registered
United States

Nov 1-Was told a background check needed to be completed and paperwork was initiated

Nov 13-Was informed that I had to submit an updated resume listing my computer app skills

Nov 19-Was told GSA had to approve my updated resume

Nov 27-Still no background check from GSA

Nov 28-Still not processed

recent-Contract awarded but "paperwork not submitted on time". Must be resubmitted

Am I being strung along AGAIN???????
S D Analyst  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2018 3:11:37 PM(UTC)
S D Analyst

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Did you receive an "invite" to eQIP (online Security Clearance form) or instructions to fill out an SF-85 or SF-86? Those are the Security Clearance forms. If you haven't received them, send an email to the HR person who last contacted you about the job. If your job doesn't require a clearance, it may be that you won't get them. At any rate, a standard background check (police check, fingerprints, credit check) would still be run. Only your HR can tell you where you are in the process. Keep in mind, it's the end of the year and lots of people are taking leave.

Edited by user Monday, December 10, 2018 3:12:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed