Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Inside the News

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current federal employee related news topics. This forum is for U.S. federal government news topics only -- specifically, news that directly affects federal employees, their jobs, pay, benefits or other workplace issues.

Please refrain from posting topics on general current events, U.S. or world politics, etc. FederalSoup is a FREE forum site dedicated to serving the needs of federal employees, so keeping forum topics focused to those readers and members here is what makes this community valuable. Thanks for your cooperation.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GWPDA  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 6:23:44 AM(UTC)
GWPDA

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 465 time(s) in 387 post(s)
"It is well known the pay increase will happen the last pay period in March or 1st pay period in April. "

For me, payroll for the last pay period in March has already been worked. No raise in sight. First pay period in April filing is coming up, um Monday next. Don't see anything. But you sure could be right.

And, I used to have a farm. Sold it. Didn't bet on it.
thanks 1 user thanked GWPDA for this useful post.
JDSIII on 3/20/2019(UTC)
SoylentGreen  
#42 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:09:18 AM(UTC)
SoylentGreen

United States

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 30 post(s)
Originally Posted by: King_Fed Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GWPDA Go to Quoted Post
I have an idea that this second 'Executive Order' is less an order than an authorisation and instruction to proceed. Nevertheless, there appears to be a whole lot of stalling between Weichart in OPM and Mulvaney in OMB. Weichart claimed the pay tables would be ready to go, well, now. They don't seem to be. I am not betting the farm on seeing a penny within this year.

A statement like that is better if we get into the second half of April and nothing has happened.

It is well known the pay increase will happen the last pay period in March or 1st pay period in April.

You don't own a farm.

I don't own a farm, but a check of the federal register reveals that the president still has not signed the necessary executive order as of March 19 (yesterday). The register is up to date as Trump did sign a different executive order yesterday, and that one is listed on the register.

Don't see how this is going to happen for the April 5 paycheck. Looking more like April 19 or early May at earliest.

FS0201  
#43 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 10:24:41 AM(UTC)
FS0201

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SoylentGreen Go to Quoted Post
I don't own a farm, but a check of the federal register reveals that the president still has not signed the necessary executive order as of March 19 (yesterday). The register is up to date as Trump did sign a different executive order yesterday, and that one is listed on the register.

Don't see how this is going to happen for the April 5 paycheck. Looking more like April 19 or early May at earliest.

Fun. Might as well forget about it until it happens.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
someoldguy  
#44 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 1:50:48 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 861 time(s) in 716 post(s)
Here's a rather unimpressive update from Federal News Network:
Quote:
The executive order and associated tables that will make the 1.9 percent federal pay raise official for civilian employees in 2019 is nearing completion, the Trump administration said Wednesday.

“We’re in the final legal clearance stage,” Margaret Weichert, deputy director for management at the Office of Management and Budget, told reporters. “I know that sounds like you’ve heard that before. To me this is an object lesson in the complexity of our pay systems.”

No specific timeline... just "soon."

Did this process suddenly become so much more complex? I guess some agencies have yet to complete paying people for back pay from the shutdown, but the article makes no mention of that.

I think SoylentGreen's timeline is probably accurate.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
King_Fed  
#45 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:18:59 PM(UTC)
King_Fed

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SoylentGreen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: King_Fed Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: GWPDA Go to Quoted Post
I have an idea that this second 'Executive Order' is less an order than an authorisation and instruction to proceed. Nevertheless, there appears to be a whole lot of stalling between Weichart in OPM and Mulvaney in OMB. Weichart claimed the pay tables would be ready to go, well, now. They don't seem to be. I am not betting the farm on seeing a penny within this year.

A statement like that is better if we get into the second half of April and nothing has happened.

It is well known the pay increase will happen the last pay period in March or 1st pay period in April.

You don't own a farm.

It could -- and probably will -- be the time frame you suggest.

I was going off the latest news... today we have new news.

I own a farm.

Edited by user Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:24:27 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

King_Fed  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, March 20, 2019 2:22:10 PM(UTC)
King_Fed

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
Here's a rather unimpressive update from Federal News Network:
Quote:
The executive order and associated tables that will make the 1.9 percent federal pay raise official for civilian employees in 2019 is nearing completion, the Trump administration said Wednesday.

“We’re in the final legal clearance stage,” Margaret Weichert, deputy director for management at the Office of Management and Budget, told reporters. “I know that sounds like you’ve heard that before. To me this is an object lesson in the complexity of our pay systems.”

No specific timeline... just "soon."

Did this process suddenly become so much more complex? I guess some agencies have yet to complete paying people for back pay from the shutdown, but the article makes no mention of that.

Maybe the shutdown? I know departments still trying to dig out... it is little things like backlog of work, contracts, hiring, and so on.

I don't pretend to know what is going on with the specific departments who have to process our pay raise...
Rss Feed  Atom Feed