Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jimcruz  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2018 8:15:44 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Hi; I received the annual medical request/report from owcp a couple of weeks ago. I sent the request to my doctors office but because all of the holidays plus the fact that he starts his vacation period today 12/28/2018 and returns on January 10, 2019 he's not going to be able to have the report ready in time for owcp. The paperwork should be received by owcp by January 4, 2019. And I understand that they give me 30 days from the date on the letter to send the medical report. What can I do?. Can I request an extension of the date/ more time?, if yes, how do I do it?.

Thanks for your help.
Jim
edalder  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 29, 2018 10:25:08 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Send a letter to OWCP stating that because of the holidays, you are unable to get an appt with your doctor until mid January at the earliest and that the report will be late. Best to do this one in writing and upload via ECOMP if you can,

You should be OK. With the Government shut down (which does not affect OWCP that much, but lots of the agencies that deal with OWCP will be shut down), OWCP will have to be flexible about deadlines whether those given to a claimant or to an employing agency.. Your CE knows that lots of folks will be having difficulties and will likely be more than willing to give you an extra 30 days or so.
Kivi
LeroyToliver  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 1:48:05 PM(UTC)
LeroyToliver

United States

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 69 post(s)
Originally Posted by: edalder Go to Quoted Post
Send a letter to OWCP stating that because of the holidays, you are unable to get an appt with your doctor until mid January at the earliest and that the report will be late. Best to do this one in writing and upload via ECOMP if you can,

You should be OK. With the Government shut down (which does not affect OWCP that much, but lots of the agencies that deal with OWCP will be shut down), OWCP will have to be flexible about deadlines whether those given to a claimant or to an employing agency.. Your CE knows that lots of folks will be having difficulties and will likely be more than willing to give you an extra 30 days or so.

Send this request notarized and with a delivery confirmation enevelope.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed