Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

31 Pages«<1213141516>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hawk911  
#261 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 11:33:45 AM(UTC)
Hawk911

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey I just found this forum and there is lots of helpful information.

My process has been kind of crazy. I sent in my SF86 around 21 months ago. I did poly/psych around November 2017 and then again had to do them just last week due to them expiring.

I just received notice that I have been cleared but some things have to be done before I get FJO. I think one of the things is making sure my job is still open.

I looked on the website and saw that they are still advertising for my position so I hope that means it's still open.

Is anyone else sitting in a cleared state twiddling their thumbs?
hopefullyNSA2020  
#262 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 11:54:08 AM(UTC)
hopefullyNSA2020

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cornhusker18 Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone, I’ve been following this thread since about October 18 and just registered and figured I’d give my timeline.

8/18 Applied
9/18 interview
10/18 CJO
11/18 Submitted sf86
1/19 requested clarification for sf86
2/19 soft credit pull
5/19 met with BI and and references contacted

I recently got an email come in from recruitment office saying I’m in the suitability process so they couldn’t give me any timeline. Haven’t even scheduled poly/psych. I’m young but have a lot of foreign travel in the past 5 years so I sure that’s holding me up a little bit.

Update: should’ve waited to post my timeline a few days later lol.
But scheduled for poly & psych 7/19.

I recently just got this email as well, must just be sending it to everyone.

Hawk911  
#263 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 11:59:05 AM(UTC)
Hawk911

I also got the suitability email and this was after I was told I was cleared. Seems to be a generic email. Not sure what triggered it.
rkf4ever  
#264 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 12:02:13 PM(UTC)
rkf4ever

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I also got this email in the last week or so....they must be pushing it out to everyone that's in that phase of processing.
HireMeSoonPlz  
#265 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 2:17:01 PM(UTC)
HireMeSoonPlz

United States

Hello all!

A co-worker told me about this thread so I gotta share!

2017 - Applied to several positions
11/ 2018 - First phone interview
12/ 2018 - Second phone interview, recommended I move forward
12/ 2018 - Sent Transcripts
12/ 2018 - Notice that CJO was coming
01/ 2019 - CJO Received
01/ 2019 - E-qip / SF-86 completed
02/2019 - Recruiter verified all paperwork had been received.
03/ 2019 - Notice of Recruiter change
03/ 2019 - Face to face with B/I
04/ 2019 - Poly 1st attempt
04/ 2019 - B/I reached out to 3 of my contacts
04/ 2019 - 2nd Poly scheduled
05/ 2019 - Psyc
04/ 2019 - B/I reached out to rest of my contact, out of state as well.
05/ 2019 - 2nd Poly, passed, HR wrap-up

During the wrap-up, I was told I should hear something by the end of the summer. I'm Personally hoping by September at the latest.

Am I in good shape at this point? Opinions? Suggestions?

Good luck everyone, hope to see you there!

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 2:18:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Poseidon  
#266 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:33:45 PM(UTC)
Poseidon

United States

I was going to wait until the very end to post my timeline, but decided wth, here's mine:

07/18 - Applied, contacted to schedule testing
07/18 - CNT
08/18 - Phone Interview
09/18 - Follow up email, was told I will receive CJO
10/18 - Verbal CJO
10/18 - SF86 Received
10/18 - SF86 Completed
11/18 - Phone call to confirm SF86
12/18 - Followed up, was told I should hear something soon
04/19 - Request for more information for SF86
04/19 - First contact with BI
04/19 - BI Interview, references contacted
05/19 - Voicemail, still actively processing
05/19 - BI Wrap Up Interview, BI Complete
06/19 - Poly/Psych scheduled for July 19
07/19 - Poly/Psych

No prior clearance, no foreign travel, no foreign contacts.

Anyone have any advice regarding the Poly? I'm naturally a nervous person and feel like this might be my downfall.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 3:39:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Muhdoerves  
#267 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:38:05 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Poseidon Go to Quoted Post

Anyone have any advice regarding the Poly? I'm naturally a nervous person and feel like this might be my downfall.

I don’t think we’re allowed to say TOO much, but...

As long as you didn’t lie to your BI or on any of your forms, you should be fine, even if they find a reaction.
If you’ve ever dealt with forum trolls and/or gotten called into the principal’s office, you’ll know how to deal with these guys.

Also, you can fill out a survey to complain about them afterwards if you want.
Poseidon  
#268 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 3:42:43 PM(UTC)
Poseidon

United States

I was completely honest with everything. Thanks for that insight. I figured the best way to handle it is be as emotionless as possible. Realize they are just there to do a job. As long as I answer honestly and don't react with emotion, I can get through it.

My thoughts are gonna be racing though and will probably set the machine off for something stupid like, "what's your name?" haha
BatDog123  
#269 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 5:28:19 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Poseidon Go to Quoted Post
I was completely honest with everything. Thanks for that insight. I figured the best way to handle it is be as emotionless as possible. Realize they are just there to do a job. As long as I answer honestly and don't react with emotion, I can get through it.

My thoughts are gonna be racing though and will probably set the machine off for something stupid like, "what's your name?" haha

I'm a nervous Nelly, and worry wart, so I had the same fears you do. In honesty, it wasn't bad at all. I found it really interesting. But be sure to tell them ANYTHING that may be worrying you about it, and let them decide what is relevant or not.
thanks 2 users thanked BatDog123 for this useful post.
rkf4ever on 6/17/2019(UTC), Poseidon on 6/27/2019(UTC)
CyberOp  
#270 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 5:21:31 AM(UTC)
CyberOp

Hey guys, new to the process and thread but I wanted to ask some questions here before anything else. Here’s my small timeline for reference.

April 2019 : applied
May 2019 : interview
June: Told I have a CJO but must do a pre screen at any minute now

My main question I have is actually different from most. I actually applied to the NSA due to some research I was doing for a Officer Application I had going for the Navy. Sadly I was not selected for the Navy but I did gain a probable CJO from the NSA which is good. I think the NSA would be fantastic but it’s hard for me to just drop my passion to serve the country. Since this process does take so long I wanted to look into pairing this job with the Air National Guard as that sounds like a dream to me. I would love to use this long waiting process to go ahead and get my foot into the door with the ANG but I’m not sure how that would affect my application process. Does anyone have any insight on whether or not this would even be possible?
velcroTech  
#271 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 6:21:01 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CyberOp Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys, new to the process and thread but I wanted to ask some questions here before anything else. Here’s my small timeline for reference.

My main question I have is actually different from most. I actually applied to the NSA due to some research I was doing for a Officer Application I had going for the Navy. Sadly I was not selected for the Navy but I did gain a probable CJO from the NSA which is good. I think the NSA would be fantastic but it’s hard for me to just drop my passion to serve the country. Since this process does take so long I wanted to look into pairing this job with the Air National Guard as that sounds like a dream to me. I would love to use this long waiting process to go ahead and get my foot into the door with the ANG but I’m not sure how that would affect my application process. Does anyone have any insight on whether or not this would even be possible?

Why dont you just apply to the Navy again? Most people that go through the DCO process need to apply at least twice.
Serving as a civilian employee at NSA is serving, but I understand you want to scratch that military itch. What would you do in the guard?
CyberOp  
#272 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:23:33 AM(UTC)
CyberOp

Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post

Why dont you just apply to the Navy again? Most people that go through the DCO process need to apply at least twice.
Serving as a civilian employee at NSA is serving, but I understand you want to scratch that military itch. What would you do in the guard?

I would like to serve full time but also the NSA is offering a development program that is hard to ignore as well. I would pursue a cyber route in the guard and the ANG in Baltimore is a huge center for those type of operations. I think it would be the best of both worlds to work full time at the NSA while still serving part time in a military environment. If I knew for sure I would get/still have the NSA job if I joined the guard tomorrow, I would do it. It would be great to use these months of processing in to go ahead and get my guard training in. It’s seems like a long shot but I figured there was no harm in asking.
smuckers  
#273 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:02:39 PM(UTC)
smuckers

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My updated timeline. I have a current clearance with a non-DoD agency. I was never contacted for a BI interview, and none of my references were contacted. Good luck to all those still in the process! Hopefully this is a sign of more FJOs to come.

09/2018 - applied
11/2018 - operational interview
01/2019 - CJO
02/2019 - security forms submitted
02/2019 - soft credit pull
05/2019 - poly and psych exam (pass)
06/2019 - FJO
08/2019 - EOD

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:25:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked smuckers for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 6/28/2019(UTC), awesomeness on 6/28/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 6/28/2019(UTC)
velcroTech  
#274 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 7:12:38 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: velcroTech Go to Quoted Post

I would like to serve full time but also the NSA is offering a development program that is hard to ignore as well. I would pursue a cyber route in the guard and the ANG in Baltimore is a huge center for those type of operations. I think it would be the best of both worlds to work full time at the NSA while still serving part time in a military environment. If I knew for sure I would get/still have the NSA job if I joined the guard tomorrow, I would do it. It would be great to use these months of processing in to go ahead and get my guard training in. It’s seems like a long shot but I figured there was no harm in asking.

Serving in the guard or reserves will not affect your NSA employment chances at all. It may even improve them.

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2019 7:13:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hawk911  
#275 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 7:35:56 AM(UTC)
Hawk911

I finally received my FJO and will EOD in August. This is around 2 years after submitting my SF86. I almost gave up but glad I stuck through the process. I had to go back a few months ago and redo poly/psych due to them expiring.
thanks 2 users thanked Hawk911 for this useful post.
rkf4ever on 7/2/2019(UTC), BatDog123 on 7/5/2019(UTC)
GovtWorker35  
#276 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:33:29 AM(UTC)
GovtWorker35

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just got told I was rejected due to "unacceptable foreign ties" :O (Suitability denial, not a clearance denial). This happened months ago, just found out recently though.

I only have a couple foreign contacts. Fair amount of foreign travel (but all to friendly nations to US) Guess one of them isn't acceptable. Glad it's over tbh. Not really that bothered.

Congrats Hawk911, and good luck to the rest here.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 2, 2019 7:34:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

sshare  
#277 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 10:55:57 PM(UTC)
sshare

United States

Hey everyone! Finally getting around to posting my hiring timeline...

Aug/18 Applied
Aug/18 Online Testing and sssessments
Feb/19 Contacted for operational interview
Mar/19 Operational interview
May/19 Verbal CJO over the phone
May/19 Written CJO
Jun/19 Equip requested
Jun/19 Equip Forms submitted
Jun/19 Request for revision
Jul/19 Request for second revision

Hoping that things are smooth sailing from here!
darkstallion  
#278 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 12:07:39 PM(UTC)
darkstallion

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hello Everybody, this is my timeline:

Oct 2018 - Submitted application to for an NSA Regional Event
Oct 2018 - Got Accepted to hold interview at Regional Event
November 2018- Had the in person "technical Interview ".
December 2018 - Took CNT at Pearson Vue
January 2019 - Unofficial transcripts requested & submitted
January 2019 - CJO received asked to complete SF-86 forms through e-Quip
January 2019 - Submitted SF-86 forms on e-Quip
February 2019 - Revised SF-86 forms on e-Quip upon their follow up
March 2019 - Contacted by DoD Investigator who was in process of interviewing my references
March 2019 - Contacted by different DoD BI who scheduled a one on one
March 2019 - Had one on one with BI, went over my security forms
March 2019 - final references interviewed and my initial background check closed and sent to NSA for further review and inquiry for suitability process.
April 2019 - got call from robotic voice saying my file was still under consideration and moving forward in the process.
June 2019 - got email from primary recruiter regarding polygraph, drug test and psychological evaluation to be completed in July.

Any comments or feedback is welcomed! :)
Thank you and good luck to everyone!
velcroTech  
#279 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 6:29:13 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: KLS25 Go to Quoted Post
Does having a prior security clearance speed up the background check? I have an active clearance from the DoD.

Sometimes it does.
awesomeness  
#280 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 12:09:29 PM(UTC)
awesomeness

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello everyone ! Decided to share my timeline as someone who already have a clearance with the agency

I applied about last year then applied again to multiple jobs in jan 2019

I was contacted and scheduled for a phone interview in feb 19

Someone from HR called me and told me to expect a COD by email March 19

I asked for a higher offer march 19
Got better offer early april 19
Took psych test and eval May 19
Got FJO June 19
EOD July 19

Rss Feed  Atom Feed