Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

30 Pages«<1718192021>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cornhusker18  
#361 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:05:22 AM(UTC)
cornhusker18

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/6/2019(UTC)
Posts: 10

Thanks: 11 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
To those who have got FJO and EOD, did you all receive an email stating you were in adjunction? Or is it like everything else in this process and some get it and some don’t? Just curious because I’ve seen some say they got an email about being put in adjunction.

Thanks yall
thanks 1 user thanked cornhusker18 for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 8/7/2019(UTC)
TheodoreRex  
#362 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 9:39:37 AM(UTC)
TheodoreRex

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2019(UTC)
Posts: 2
Man
United States

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
One other question for those who got an FJO... how was it communicated to you that you got your clearance -- email or phone? Also, is there any chance that I would hear back while I am overseas (they're aware that I am)?
Muhdoerves  
#363 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 10:13:53 AM(UTC)
Guest

Rank: Guest

Groups: Guests
Joined: 2/6/2014(UTC)
Posts: 8,290

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I didn’t get an email about adjudication. I got an email saying that I was cleared.
A few days after that picked a start date, negotiated salary, and signed offer.
Badfish5446  
#364 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:47:00 PM(UTC)
Badfish5446

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/11/2019(UTC)
Posts: 5
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Badfish5446 Go to Quoted Post
Nov 2018- Applied
Dec 2018- First interview, OPI scheduled
Jan 2019- OPI in MD
Long period of waiting and no response
March 2019- emailed recruiter again, given new number for HR rep
A few weeks later in March 2019- called HR rep, left voicemail.
Following week in March 2019- another HR rep emailed me, I now have 2 POCs, recieved pre screen interview call and given notice a CJO will be extended to me within 2-3 weeks.



4/2019 CJO & EQIP
5/2019 sat down with BI Investigator
6/2019 automated email telling me I’m in the screening phase
Late 6/2019 BI done
7/2019 automated email notifying me my e-transcript has been added to my file

No poly/screening scheduled yet. No contact from recruiter since June. I send an email every two weeks. I’m getting bored of my corporate desk job.

If I try to apply to be an Army CO and get in can they reuse my BI?
velcroTech  
#365 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:47:23 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Rank: Advisor

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/3/2017(UTC)
Posts: 192
Cayman Islands
Location: Gun Bay

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Badfish5446 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Badfish5446 Go to Quoted Post
Nov 2018- Applied
Dec 2018- First interview, OPI scheduled
Jan 2019- OPI in MD
Long period of waiting and no response
March 2019- emailed recruiter again, given new number for HR rep
A few weeks later in March 2019- called HR rep, left voicemail.
Following week in March 2019- another HR rep emailed me, I now have 2 POCs, recieved pre screen interview call and given notice a CJO will be extended to me within 2-3 weeks.



4/2019 CJO & EQIP
5/2019 sat down with BI Investigator
6/2019 automated email telling me I’m in the screening phase
Late 6/2019 BI done
7/2019 automated email notifying me my e-transcript has been added to my file

No poly/screening scheduled yet. No contact from recruiter since June. I send an email every two weeks. I’m getting bored of my corporate desk job.

If I try to apply to be an Army CO and get in can they reuse my BI?

If you wind up with a clearance you may be able to use it in the Army. You will probably still have to fill out the SF86 and do all that again.
Badfish5446  
#366 Posted : Wednesday, August 7, 2019 5:23:16 PM(UTC)
Badfish5446

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/11/2019(UTC)
Posts: 5
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I’m implying I don’t like being left in the dark and I don’t like being stuck in limbo and I’m thinking about other options versus waiting this out. It’s prob for the best if I stay patient though.
singleguyhere  
#367 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 11:33:50 AM(UTC)
singleguyhere

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/19/2018(UTC)
Posts: 7

Thanks: 3 times
Originally Posted by: That Applicant Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone. I guess I'm getting antsy about this while at my current job and was curious as to the general timeline so far in 2019. Using partially incomplete data from all who contributed to this 2019 thread, I wanted to let you know the information below. For entries using MM/YYYY format, I've changed them to MM/01/YYYY for analysis purposes. if you have any questions, please let me know. I have all of the timelines in an Excel spreadsheet and can reference them if need be.

⚫️ Of 10 people who have reported receiving a FJO 🎓 (from Interview to FJO)
- Shortest: 151 days [LoudSoup, MChief, Rocky402]
- Median: 181 days [Palmetto007, PenguinProgrammer]
- Average: 243 days
- Longest: 580 days [Broncos55]

⚫️ Of 40 timeline posters on this thread (from application and last activity)
- Shortest: 30 days [Jonny Blaze]
- Median: 273 days [Mchief, darkstallion]
- Average: 288 days
- Longest: 669 days [Coldgin]

⚫️ Lengths of time between portions of candidacy 📅
◽️ Application to Interview
- Shortest: 30 days
- Median: 61 days
- Longest: 548 days

◽️ Interview to CJO
- Shortest: 0 days
- Median: 31 days
- Longest: 92 days

◽️ CJO to e-QIP
- Shortest: 0 days
- Median: 0 days
- Longest: 64 days

◽️ e-QIP to BI Interview
- Shortest: 0 days
- Median: 61 days
- Longest: 245 days

◽️ CJO to Poly & Psych
- Shortest: 30 days
- Median: 121 days
- Longest: 275 days

◽️ Poly & Psych to FJO
- Shortest: 28 days [Rocky402]
- Median: 75 days [Palmetto007]
- Average: 115 days
- Longest: 457 days [Broncos55]



Thanks for this helpful post! I wish I was at least in the median...I'm at 548 days from the operational interview, and about 605 days from submitting my application.
PlatRabbit  
#368 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:56:48 PM(UTC)
PlatRabbit

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/4/2018(UTC)
Posts: 7

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: not_real_throwaway Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

I am going to share my journey to this point.

10/2018 (or thereabouts) - Applied to several positions
12/2018 - First interview
12/2018 - Prescreen interview
12/2018 - Sent in transcripts and DD214
1/2019 - CJO
1/2019 - E-qip sent and SF-86 completed
2/2019 - Interview for another position
2/2019 - CJO
2/2019 - Took CNT
3/2019 - Face to face sit down with the investigator
3/2019 - Interview for the third and fourth position
3/2019 - CJO for position three of four
3/2019 - Scheduled for Poly, Psych, and HR Interview
4/2019 - Called to be informed of fourth CJO coming soon
4/2019 - Second face to face sit down with the investigator
Now...just waiting

My recruiters have been very helpful at every step in this process. For those wondering, I am former military and have literally no social life (lol) outside of my wife, children, and family. I guess it pays to be boring. Thanks to all others who have shared.


4/2019 - Passed poly and sending requested docs for psych


4/2019 - Psych Eval completed


7/2019 - Cleared security
8/2019 - FJO accepted
9/2019 - EOD

It was a long process but staying in communication with the recruiters made it easier. For those who are wondering, I accepted a STEM position.


Congrats! Was the FJO the same salary as the CJO? Did you get a chance to negotiate?


You always have an opportunity to negotiate if you have something you did not during the CJO. I negotiated at CJO and was content.
thanks 1 user thanked PlatRabbit for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 8/9/2019(UTC)
PlatRabbit  
#369 Posted : Thursday, August 8, 2019 4:58:12 PM(UTC)
PlatRabbit

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/4/2018(UTC)
Posts: 7

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cornhusker18 Go to Quoted Post
To those who have got FJO and EOD, did you all receive an email stating you were in adjunction? Or is it like everything else in this process and some get it and some don’t? Just curious because I’ve seen some say they got an email about being put in adjunction.

Thanks yall


You are pretty much in the dark the entire time.
thanks 1 user thanked PlatRabbit for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 8/9/2019(UTC)
curious cows  
#370 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 8:51:19 AM(UTC)
curious cows

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/25/2018(UTC)
Posts: 15
United States
Location: California (CA)

Thanks: 3 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Update*

Applied: 2/2018
Contacted by Recruiter: 4/18
Interviews: 6/2018
CJOs: 7/2018
SF86/EQIP: 8/2018
Contacted by Security for SF86 corrections: 8/2018
Contacted by BI: 6/2019
Interview with BI and References contacted: 6/2019
Psych, Poly, and Security Interviews: 7/2019

Failed one section of my poly so currently awaiting for updates on when my second poly will take place :(

For those who are curious:
I have foreign contacts (family) and have traveled overseas to one country.

I am an applicant for STEM positions

Recent college grad with some work experience and no previous clearance
Brisket  
#371 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 9:52:47 AM(UTC)
Brisket

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/28/2019(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States

Originally Posted by: That Applicant Go to Quoted Post
Hey everyone. I guess I'm getting antsy about this while at my current job and was curious as to the general timeline so far in 2019. Using partially incomplete data from all who contributed to this 2019 thread, I wanted to let you know the information below. For entries using MM/YYYY format, I've changed them to MM/01/YYYY for analysis purposes. if you have any questions, please let me know. I have all of the timelines in an Excel spreadsheet and can reference them if need be.

⚫️ Of 10 people who have reported receiving a FJO 🎓 (from Interview to FJO)
- Shortest: 151 days [LoudSoup, MChief, Rocky402]
- Median: 181 days [Palmetto007, PenguinProgrammer]
- Average: 243 days
- Longest: 580 days [Broncos55]

⚫️ Of 40 timeline posters on this thread (from application and last activity)
- Shortest: 30 days [Jonny Blaze]
- Median: 273 days [Mchief, darkstallion]
- Average: 288 days
- Longest: 669 days [Coldgin]

⚫️ Lengths of time between portions of candidacy 📅
◽️ Application to Interview
- Shortest: 30 days
- Median: 61 days
- Longest: 548 days

◽️ Interview to CJO
- Shortest: 0 days
- Median: 31 days
- Longest: 92 days

◽️ CJO to e-QIP
- Shortest: 0 days
- Median: 0 days
- Longest: 64 days

◽️ e-QIP to BI Interview
- Shortest: 0 days
- Median: 61 days
- Longest: 245 days

◽️ CJO to Poly & Psych
- Shortest: 30 days
- Median: 121 days
- Longest: 275 days

◽️ Poly & Psych to FJO
- Shortest: 28 days [Rocky402]
- Median: 75 days [Palmetto007]
- Average: 115 days
- Longest: 457 days [Broncos55]



I am currently at 140~ days from e-QIP. Have not heard from a BI yet.
Received an email saying I am still active in the Suitability process.
not_real_throwaway  
#372 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2019 5:55:57 AM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Rank: Rookie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/30/2019(UTC)
Posts: 30

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: not_real_throwaway Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

I am going to share my journey to this point.

10/2018 (or thereabouts) - Applied to several positions
12/2018 - First interview
12/2018 - Prescreen interview
12/2018 - Sent in transcripts and DD214
1/2019 - CJO
1/2019 - E-qip sent and SF-86 completed
2/2019 - Interview for another position
2/2019 - CJO
2/2019 - Took CNT
3/2019 - Face to face sit down with the investigator
3/2019 - Interview for the third and fourth position
3/2019 - CJO for position three of four
3/2019 - Scheduled for Poly, Psych, and HR Interview
4/2019 - Called to be informed of fourth CJO coming soon
4/2019 - Second face to face sit down with the investigator
Now...just waiting

My recruiters have been very helpful at every step in this process. For those wondering, I am former military and have literally no social life (lol) outside of my wife, children, and family. I guess it pays to be boring. Thanks to all others who have shared.


4/2019 - Passed poly and sending requested docs for psych


4/2019 - Psych Eval completed


7/2019 - Cleared security
8/2019 - FJO accepted
9/2019 - EOD

It was a long process but staying in communication with the recruiters made it easier. For those who are wondering, I accepted a STEM position.


Congrats! Was the FJO the same salary as the CJO? Did you get a chance to negotiate?


You always have an opportunity to negotiate if you have something you did not during the CJO. I negotiated at CJO and was content.


That's good, becuase the CJO is putting me at a GG level which is about the same money as a GS level that requires a bachelors and 1 year of related-field work experience, but I have a masters and 3 years of experience, so I certainly want the chance to address this. I mentioned it to my HR recruiter and they basically said my masters won't count becuase it's in a totally different field to the job (which is not even remotely true, it's not the exact right degree but it's at least close) and also that my work experience doesn't count becuase it's academic (which is total BS, it was actual research in a reasonably similar field to the job I'm applying to, not classwork). The recruiter also said I may have the opportunity to discuss this with a technical/scientific team member near the FJO stage, but honestly that sounds like a "this is what you're getting but I don't want to have to personally argue with it so I'll just tell you something to get you to shut up" response.

Edited by user Saturday, August 10, 2019 5:58:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

anon1678  
#373 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 8:12:46 AM(UTC)
anon1678

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/6/2019(UTC)
Posts: 5

I interviewed in early July and have not received a yes/no from HR yet. Should I be worried at this point? I know many posters on this forum mention it took a month between interview and CJO. Thanks.
Holly  
#374 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 8:47:28 AM(UTC)
Holly

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2018(UTC)
Posts: 5
Woman
United States
Location: Maryland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
4/17/19 - applied
5/17/19 - met with BI
5/31/19 - poly (passed)
6/19/19 - BI met with me again to ask questions and also needed additional contacts. He told me that he was done and submitting paperwork after contacting additional contacts.
6/24 - both contacts were contacted.
8/12 - contacted FSO and was told I’m still “in processing with the customer” and will be notified of any update.

This is an expedited clearance and very grateful to have that but it’s very discouraging not knowing anything. Can someone advise if “in processing” means adjudication or still in the investigation part...or could it mean anything?

TIA!!!

Edited by user Monday, August 12, 2019 8:48:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BatDog123  
#375 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 9:46:03 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2018(UTC)
Posts: 99
United States

Thanks: 59 times
Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Holly Go to Quoted Post
4/17/19 - applied
5/17/19 - met with BI
5/31/19 - poly (passed)
6/19/19 - BI met with me again to ask questions and also needed additional contacts. He told me that he was done and submitting paperwork after contacting additional contacts.
6/24 - both contacts were contacted.
8/12 - contacted FSO and was told I’m still “in processing with the customer” and will be notified of any update.

This is an expedited clearance and very grateful to have that but it’s very discouraging not knowing anything. Can someone advise if “in processing” means adjudication or still in the investigation part...or could it mean anything?

TIA!!!


Holly, are you applying with a contractor? Or a different agency? This sounds very out of the norm for NSA's processing, and most applicants for a direct hire position do not have a FSO contact.
Holly  
#376 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 10:15:10 AM(UTC)
Holly

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/27/2018(UTC)
Posts: 5
Woman
United States
Location: Maryland

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hey BatDog,
This is a contracting position for NSA. Sorry about any confusion!
BatDog123  
#377 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 10:25:07 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

Rank: Groupie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/19/2018(UTC)
Posts: 99
United States

Thanks: 59 times
Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Holly Go to Quoted Post
Hey BatDog,
This is a contracting position for NSA. Sorry about any confusion!


No worries! Just want to make sure we all can give you accurate advice! However, I don't believe many people on this specific board are going through contracting positions. Hopefully someone can appear to give you some sense of things, better than we could! Good luck!
PlatRabbit  
#378 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2019 7:36:25 PM(UTC)
PlatRabbit

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/4/2018(UTC)
Posts: 7

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Originally Posted by: not_real_throwaway Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: not_real_throwaway Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: PlatRabbit Go to Quoted Post
Hello all,

I am going to share my journey to this point.

10/2018 (or thereabouts) - Applied to several positions
12/2018 - First interview
12/2018 - Prescreen interview
12/2018 - Sent in transcripts and DD214
1/2019 - CJO
1/2019 - E-qip sent and SF-86 completed
2/2019 - Interview for another position
2/2019 - CJO
2/2019 - Took CNT
3/2019 - Face to face sit down with the investigator
3/2019 - Interview for the third and fourth position
3/2019 - CJO for position three of four
3/2019 - Scheduled for Poly, Psych, and HR Interview
4/2019 - Called to be informed of fourth CJO coming soon
4/2019 - Second face to face sit down with the investigator
Now...just waiting

My recruiters have been very helpful at every step in this process. For those wondering, I am former military and have literally no social life (lol) outside of my wife, children, and family. I guess it pays to be boring. Thanks to all others who have shared.


4/2019 - Passed poly and sending requested docs for psych


4/2019 - Psych Eval completed


7/2019 - Cleared security
8/2019 - FJO accepted
9/2019 - EOD

It was a long process but staying in communication with the recruiters made it easier. For those who are wondering, I accepted a STEM position.


Congrats! Was the FJO the same salary as the CJO? Did you get a chance to negotiate?


You always have an opportunity to negotiate if you have something you did not during the CJO. I negotiated at CJO and was content.


That's good, becuase the CJO is putting me at a GG level which is about the same money as a GS level that requires a bachelors and 1 year of related-field work experience, but I have a masters and 3 years of experience, so I certainly want the chance to address this. I mentioned it to my HR recruiter and they basically said my masters won't count becuase it's in a totally different field to the job (which is not even remotely true, it's not the exact right degree but it's at least close) and also that my work experience doesn't count becuase it's academic (which is total BS, it was actual research in a reasonably similar field to the job I'm applying to, not classwork). The recruiter also said I may have the opportunity to discuss this with a technical/scientific team member near the FJO stage, but honestly that sounds like a "this is what you're getting but I don't want to have to personally argue with it so I'll just tell you something to get you to shut up" response.


I heard that from one or two recruiters, but just let them know you would like them to negotiate regardless on your behalf. The answer can only be "yes" or "no." I found that some recruiters are better than others, but that is the truth in everything. Rewrite your resume to reflect everything, EVERYTHING, EVERYTHING you feel is relevant to the job. Did I mention not to leave out any relevant information you want to be considered toward your salary negotiation? List everything. Then resubmit it to them, but be sure to let them know before and after you resubmit it. I hope that helps.
thebigone2087  
#379 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:00:47 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/17/2019(UTC)
Posts: 23
United States
Location: Maryland

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Has anyone had a reference canceled on because they “had enough references”? A close friend I submitted for my school reference was given an appointment, then canceled on because they were told they had enough references... my neighbor, however, still has an appointment next week.
That Applicant  
#380 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:09:19 AM(UTC)
That Applicant

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/22/2019(UTC)
Posts: 13
United States
Location: Maryland

Thanks: 22 times
Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thebigone2087 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone had a reference canceled on because they “had enough references”? A close friend I submitted for my school reference was given an appointment, then canceled on because they were told they had enough references... my neighbor, however, still has an appointment next week.


My best friend, former roommate, and classmate (the person who knows me the best of anyone in this world) was not contacted for an interview even after I listed him on the SF86 and explained our very close relationship. I suppose that the reason could be that we're 'too close,' but I still found it odd. Ultimately, the investigators just need to contact people who can check off the boxes and who will have generally uncomplicated answers. Most likely if they find something that is concerning or requires further information, they may reach out to your friend for that purpose.

thanks 1 user thanked That Applicant for this useful post.
thebigone2087 on 8/13/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Guest (8)
30 Pages«<1718192021>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.


This page was generated in 0.681 seconds.