Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

28 Pages«<1819202122>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thebigone2087  
#381 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:00:47 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Has anyone had a reference canceled on because they “had enough references”? A close friend I submitted for my school reference was given an appointment, then canceled on because they were told they had enough references... my neighbor, however, still has an appointment next week.
That Applicant  
#382 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2019 8:09:19 AM(UTC)
That Applicant

United States

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thebigone2087 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone had a reference canceled on because they “had enough references”? A close friend I submitted for my school reference was given an appointment, then canceled on because they were told they had enough references... my neighbor, however, still has an appointment next week.

My best friend, former roommate, and classmate (the person who knows me the best of anyone in this world) was not contacted for an interview even after I listed him on the SF86 and explained our very close relationship. I suppose that the reason could be that we're 'too close,' but I still found it odd. Ultimately, the investigators just need to contact people who can check off the boxes and who will have generally uncomplicated answers. Most likely if they find something that is concerning or requires further information, they may reach out to your friend for that purpose.

thanks 1 user thanked That Applicant for this useful post.
thebigone2087 on 8/13/2019(UTC)
KLS25  
#383 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:31:45 AM(UTC)
KLS25

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Accepted CJO and did security paperwork in late April. I just got the automated email that I have entered suitability process, which I thought I have been in since my credit was pulled around that time. How long after that have people been contacted to do psych/poly? Is this when the so called 4-6 months timeline "starts"?
not_real_throwaway  
#384 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 8:37:05 AM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KLS25 Go to Quoted Post
Accepted CJO and did security paperwork in late April. I just got the automated email that I have entered suitability process, which I thought I have been in since my credit was pulled around that time. How long after that have people been contacted to do psych/poly? Is this when the so called 4-6 months timeline "starts"?

It's a bit different for everybody, but for me...

- CJO in March. Told 6-9 month total process, but like you, I don't know when that 6-9 month process starts.
- Paperwork in April
- Met Background investigator in late April + Early May
- Nothing until July. Early July, they told me I am in suitability and that they'll schedule my poly "soon". Mid July, they told me I was scheduled for Psych/Poly in August. Failed Poly and now I'm waiting for them to schedule my next one. Still have no idea where I am in the process. Is it 6-9 months after I pass my poly? 6-9 months from March (which is almost over at this point)? It's a mystery.
Hampton121  
#385 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:46:49 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 39 post(s)
How does somebody fail a poly that's my question
KLS25  
#386 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:55:44 AM(UTC)
KLS25

United States

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
How does somebody fail a poly that's my question

I was told in my interview that no one "fails" a poly. Its just that they didn't get enough data on you, or enough for someone to make a decision.
Armomancer  
#387 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 1:00:48 PM(UTC)
Armomancer

United States

Originally Posted by: not_real_throwaway Go to Quoted Post

Failed Poly and now I'm waiting for them to schedule my next one. Still have no idea where I am in the process.

Did they say “fail” or did they say “inconclusive”?
not_real_throwaway  
#388 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 4:27:44 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Originally Posted by: Armomancer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: not_real_throwaway Go to Quoted Post

Failed Poly and now I'm waiting for them to schedule my next one. Still have no idea where I am in the process.

Did they say “fail” or did they say “inconclusive”?

Neither, I took two and both of them just said things like "we didn't get through it".
Badfish5446  
#389 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2019 2:19:39 PM(UTC)
Badfish5446

United States

8/19/2019 contacted by recruiter stating their “schedulers are working with high volume” and they thank me for remaining patient and hopes I get scheduled soon. For record, CJO 4/2019 and finished BI end of 6/2019
thanks 1 user thanked Badfish5446 for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 8/21/2019(UTC)
thebigone2087  
#390 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:10:34 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

Received an email from my recruiter yesterday that I am being handed off to a NEW recruiter. Looks like they hired a few new folks to more evenly distribute the work load. Hopefully that’s good news for all of us.
thanks 1 user thanked thebigone2087 for this useful post.
rkf4ever on 8/21/2019(UTC)
Badfish5446  
#391 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:08:42 AM(UTC)
Badfish5446

United States

Originally Posted by: thebigone2087 Go to Quoted Post
Received an email from my recruiter yesterday that I am being handed off to a NEW recruiter. Looks like they hired a few new folks to more evenly distribute the work load. Hopefully that’s good news for all of us.

That’s funny because I received an email from my recruiter stating she can now give me more attention since they hired more recruiters to deal with everyone. Small world.
thanks 1 user thanked Badfish5446 for this useful post.
rkf4ever on 8/21/2019(UTC)
LDomino  
#392 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:18:12 PM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hey all,

Timeline updates for those that like to commiserate:

Application: Early January 2017
Contacted for testing: Late January 2017
Phone Screen: March 2017
Operational Interview and CJO: Late March 2017
Security Forms Submissions: May 2017
BI Initiation (Credit pull, references contacted): Late May 2017
BI Interview: June 2017
Security Interview: 22,23 July 2019
Poly/Psych: 25 July 2019 (Passed)

I'm assuming nothing left except for waiting on adjudication at this point, which I have heard takes anywhere from 3 months to a year. Baby steps...
thanks 3 users thanked LDomino for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 8/22/2019(UTC), rkf4ever on 8/22/2019(UTC), Armomancer on 8/22/2019(UTC)
prospect2013  
#393 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2019 3:43:31 PM(UTC)
prospect2013

Originally Posted by: LDomino Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

I'm assuming nothing left except for waiting on adjudication at this point, which I have heard takes anywhere from 3 months to a year. Baby steps...

Am I reading this right that between your BI investigator personal interview and your “security interview” and your poly/psych, two years elapsed?! 😮. I have my poly/pysch next month with DIA and had BI interview this week and received CJO in July. Also have NSA offer and NSA is my first choice, so hopefully they can use my DIA investigation since its moving along so I don’t have to wait 2 years. I’m a current fed FWIW.
LDomino  
#394 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2019 6:30:11 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Originally Posted by: prospect2013 Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

Am I reading this right that between your BI investigator personal interview and your “security interview” and your poly/psych, two years elapsed?! 😮. I have my poly/pysch next month with DIA and had BI interview this week and received CJO in July. Also have NSA offer and NSA is my first choice, so hopefully they can use my DIA investigation since its moving along so I don’t have to wait 2 years. I’m a current fed FWIW.

Hey there; yes, there is a two year gap between those periods. Not surprised really as it jives with many other experiences. From what I know I doubt your two processes will affect each other as they are for to different types of clearances. Your timeline will entirely depend on your personal circumstances. Good luck, it's likely a loooooong road.
BatDog123  
#395 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 5:19:21 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Did anyone else get a semi-scripted "status update" phone call over the weekend?
thebigone2087  
#396 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 5:26:15 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

Originally Posted by: BatDog123 Go to Quoted Post
Did anyone else get a semi-scripted "status update" phone call over the weekend?

I did not.
clearancedude101  
#397 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 7:24:07 AM(UTC)
clearancedude101

United States

Hey all,

Hey there; yes, there is a two year gap between those periods. Not surprised really as it jives with many other experiences. From what I know I doubt your two processes will affect each other as they are for to different types of clearances. Your timeline will entirely depend on your personal circumstances. Good luck, it's likely a loooooong road.

You have a language position offer, right?

Also, what is the security interview? A friend of mine who's 4 months ahead of me in the process (we've had the exact same timelines so I use his as a gauge for mine) has those in a few days, but was told nothing about what they were, and they mentioned nothing about the poly/psych though we both assume that's part of it. Could you fill me in on what those interviews are all about?
LDomino  
#398 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:00:47 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Originally Posted by: clearancedude101 Go to Quoted Post
Hey all,

Also, what is the security interview? A friend of mine who's 4 months ahead of me in the process (we've had the exact same timelines so I use his as a gauge for mine) has those in a few days, but was told nothing about what they were, and they mentioned nothing about the poly/psych though we both assume that's part of it. Could you fill me in on what those interviews are all about?

Hey ClearanceDude,

The security interview is a more in-depth discussion regarding details of your background. It is not the same thing as your poly/psych, as those are scheduled separately.
clearancedude101  
#399 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:06:30 AM(UTC)
clearancedude101

United States

Hey all,

Hey ClearanceDude,

The security interview is a more in-depth discussion regarding details of your background. It is not the same thing as your poly/psych, as those are scheduled separately.

Was your poly scheduled beforehand by email, or did they just decide to do it while you were there?
LDomino  
#400 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2019 10:38:17 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Hey all,

Hey ClearanceDude,

Was your poly scheduled beforehand by email, or did they just decide to do it while you were there?

Beforehand by email.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed