Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

35 Pages«<2627282930>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BatDog123  
#541 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 7:50:23 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gengar Go to Quoted Post
I don't graduate until August 2020, so, I'm just hoping that's enough time.

Without getting into too much detail of my own processing, it appears I may have to add another 6 months to my timeline, in order to wait for my graduation in May. So I too am interested to see how both our timelines play out with pending graduations.

Gengar  
#542 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 9:09:42 AM(UTC)
Gengar

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BatDog123 Go to Quoted Post
I don't graduate until August 2020, so, I'm just hoping that's enough time.

Without getting into too much detail of my own processing, it appears I may have to add another 6 months to my timeline, in order to wait for my graduation in May. So I too am interested to see how both our timelines play out with pending graduations.

Best of luck, my dude. I'm dealing with the fun of university administration pulling the rug out from under me and trying to say I have to redo my graduation checklist because they may or may not offer the senior project in the summer. Hooooraaaaaaaaaaaah lol
thanks 1 user thanked Gengar for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 11/13/2019(UTC)
BatDog123  
#543 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:11:13 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 39 post(s)

Best of luck, my dude. I'm dealing with the fun of university administration pulling the rug out from under me and trying to say I have to redo my graduation checklist because they may or may not offer the senior project in the summer. Hooooraaaaaaaaaaaah lol

I've had about as much luck with my college in the past years, so it wouldn't surprise me for them to cancel my final classes due to crazy reasons.

Hopefully thats not the case for either of us! Good luck to you as well.
Dingo1  
#544 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2019 8:56:28 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Reading everyone’s timelines. When you go for the psych assessment, do they call it that? I have not been brought in for one, just a poly (passed)
monster88  
#545 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 5:57:51 AM(UTC)
monster88

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: monster88 Go to Quoted Post
Been lurking this thread for a few months now, so I figured I'd throw my timeline out there!

1/2019 - Applied
3/2019 - Recruiter requested transcripts
3/2019 - Operational Interview
4/2019 - CJO, received eqip
5/2019 - Completed Security Paperwork (after a few back and forths...)
7/2019 - Interview with Investigator
7/2019-8/2019 - References contacted
10/2019 - Poly/psych scheduled for mid-November

Hoping for the best for everyone!

Well... I got a call this morning and was told that they had to cancel my poly/psych for next week because they're "overbooked." I asked about rescheduling, and she said that the rest of 2019 is already booked up and that the 2020 calendar hasn't been released yet for scheduling. I don't know what all that means for processing times, except that it adds another month and a half + to mine, but I figured I'd share the info I had with y'all.

Gengar  
#546 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 6:05:48 AM(UTC)
Gengar

United States

Been lurking this thread for a few months now, so I figured I'd throw my timeline out there!

1/2019 - Applied

Well... I got a call this morning and was told that they had to cancel my poly/psych for next week because they're "overbooked." I asked about rescheduling, and she said that the rest of 2019 is already booked up and that the 2020 calendar hasn't been released yet for scheduling. I don't know what all that means for processing times, except that it adds another month and a half + to mine, but I figured I'd share the info I had with y'all.

Well, that bites. Granted, I figured I wouldn't get the call until 2020, but I had that foolish optimism lol. Hopefully they're able to get you in sometime in January.
thanks 1 user thanked Gengar for this useful post.
monster88 on 11/15/2019(UTC)
monster88  
#547 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 6:31:41 AM(UTC)
monster88

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)

1/2019 - Applied

Well, that bites. Granted, I figured I wouldn't get the call until 2020, but I had that foolish optimism lol. Hopefully they're able to get you in sometime in January.

Update: Just heard from my recruiter who said that my processing has been "paused" until the organization reevaluates their staffing needs for 2020. I'm not sure how that lines up with what the other lady told me lol, but it definitely leaves me feeling discouraged!

Hopefully they're not actually booked up and are able to get you in!
thebigone2087  
#548 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 6:57:49 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 9 post(s)

1/2019 - Applied

Update: Just heard from my recruiter who said that my processing has been "paused" until the organization reevaluates their staffing needs for 2020. I'm not sure how that lines up with what the other lady told me lol, but it definitely leaves me feeling discouraged!

Well that's not depressing at all. Mind if I ask what position you were being processed for?
Gengar  
#549 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 10:59:33 AM(UTC)
Gengar

United States

Originally Posted by: thebigone2087 Go to Quoted Post

1/2019 - Applied

Well that's not depressing at all. Mind if I ask what position you were being processed for?

I'm curious as well. They made it sound like they couldn't get enough tech people and were going to be trying to move those applicants through the process relatively quickly at the career event I went to.
not_real_throwaway  
#550 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 11:01:02 AM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 12 post(s)

1/2019 - Applied

I'm curious as well. They made it sound like they couldn't get enough tech people and were going to be trying to move those applicants through the process relatively quickly at the career event I went to.

I had a similar impression for the position I'm waiting for, which STEM focused
Gengar  
#551 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 11:06:26 AM(UTC)
Gengar

United States

Originally Posted by: not_real_throwaway Go to Quoted Post

1/2019 - Applied

Really? How long did that last? Or is it still ongoing?
not_real_throwaway  
#552 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 11:13:42 AM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

1/2019 - Applied

Really? How long did that last? Or is it still ongoing?

Applied about 13 or 14 months ago, CJO around march or april, failed first poly in august, passed poly in september, still waiting to see if I get a FJO or not
curious cows  
#553 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 2:06:15 PM(UTC)
curious cows

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I wonder if the re-evaluation will affect those who have already finished their processing and are in the adjudication phase waiting for their FJOs. Recruiter mentioned average wait from successful poly to FJO is about 1-3 months and I'm about to hit month 3! This is torture :(
not_real_throwaway  
#554 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 2:07:59 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Originally Posted by: curious cows Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if the re-evaluation will affect those who have already finished their processing and are in the adjudication phase waiting for their FJOs. Recruiter mentioned average wait from successful poly to FJO is about 1-3 months and I'm about to hit month 3! This is torture :(

I was told "about 2 months", almost exactly 2 months ago.
LDomino  
#555 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:41:06 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Originally Posted by: curious cows Go to Quoted Post

I was told "about 2 months", almost exactly 2 months ago.

Strange how we all get such mixed messages; I was specifically told by my recruiter that they had no way of even guessing how timelines would end, post poly or otherwise. Seeing as how some folks poly early in the process while others at the beginning before the BI, it doesn't quite make sense to say that people get FJOs one or two months after successfully completing one. For the record, I'm coming up on four months post poly and my recruiter just days the same thing they've said since the beginning: "you remain in active processing, but due to the Privacy Act..."
YountBoii  
#556 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:10:42 PM(UTC)
YountBoii

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Well, folks, I've been watching this thread for a while and thought I'd create an account and throw in my info.

End of 12/18 - Application submitted for two positions
End of 01/19 - PearsonVUE examination for first position
End of 04/19 - Operational Interview for first position
05/19 - PearsonVUE examination for second position, CJO for both positions (about 3 weeks apart)
06/19 - eQIP submitted
07/19 - Interview with BI, references contacted
11/19 - Poly (passed first time), psych eval

So my timeline seems pretty similar to some folks' recent timelines. Both positions are STEM related.

Now, here's a question for you seasoned applicants out there: my psych interview did not at all seem to have gone well. Everything in my processing up to this point has been wonderful, but the interview left me stressed and worried that I won't get the job. My interviewer was not very welcoming or helpful, often interrupting my answers to his questions if he didn't think I was getting to the point quickly enough; a couple of times it seemed that he scoffed at the logic I used in some of my life decisions. Additionally, I hesitated on a particular question that (without revealing what it was) seemed to be of particular importance, and to which hesitation in answering could be seen as problematic. In short, I'm worried that my interviewer might override any chance of passing that I was enjoying. It has seemed before that the polygraph is given somewhat more weight than the psych eval, though. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long post, I'm just a wee bit stressed at the moment. Thanks for any help!

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:12:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

velcroTech  
#557 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:18:50 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 49 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Originally Posted by: YountBoii Go to Quoted Post
Well, folks, I've been watching this thread for a while and thought I'd create an account and throw in my info.

End of 12/18 - Application submitted for two positions
End of 01/19 - PearsonVUE examination for first position
End of 04/19 - Operational Interview for first position
05/19 - PearsonVUE examination for second position, CJO for both positions (about 3 weeks apart)
06/19 - eQIP submitted
07/19 - Interview with BI, references contacted
11/19 - Poly (passed first time), psych eval

So my timeline seems pretty similar to some folks' recent timelines. Both positions are STEM related.

Now, here's a question for you seasoned applicants out there: my psych interview did not at all seem to have gone well. Everything in my processing up to this point has been wonderful, but the interview left me stressed and worried that I won't get the job. My interviewer was not very welcoming or helpful, often interrupting my answers to his questions if he didn't think I was getting to the point quickly enough; a couple of times it seemed that he scoffed at the logic I used in some of my life decisions. Additionally, I hesitated on a particular question that (without revealing what it was) seemed to be of particular importance, and to which hesitation in answering could be seen as problematic. In short, I'm worried that my interviewer might override any chance of passing that I was enjoying. It has seemed before that the polygraph is given somewhat more weight than the psych eval, though. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long post, I'm just a wee bit stressed at the moment. Thanks for any help!

I am pretty sure the psych eval is a showstopper. You are given an opportunity to retake the poly but not the psych. I dont think that you would have any indication whether or not you passed that part though. Only time will tell.
someoldguy  
#558 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:57:55 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 1045 time(s) in 886 post(s)
My interviewer was not very welcoming or helpful, often interrupting my answers to his questions if he didn't think I was getting to the point quickly enough; a couple of times it seemed that he scoffed at the logic I used in some of my life decisions.
Sounds more like a polygrapher than a psychologist!

Unless you admitted to not only hearing voices in your head, but also doing everything they tell you to, then you should be fine.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
not_real_throwaway  
#559 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 6:08:06 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Everything in my processing up to this point has been wonderful, but the interview left me stressed and worried that I won't get the job. My interviewer was not very welcoming or helpful, often interrupting my answers to his questions if he didn't think I was getting to the point quickly enough; a couple of times it seemed that he scoffed at the logic I used in some of my life decisions.

My guy was like this too but I wasn't particularly worried. This is just a guess on my part but I think the psych is just to make sure you aren't too unstable to work with classified info, whereas the job interview is where you really need to actually impress
YountBoii  
#560 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:38:35 PM(UTC)
YountBoii

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thanks, everybody, for the replies! It's helpful to have a resource where I can talk to other people who have real experience in this arena!
I can't really accomplish anything by worrying about it, it's out of my hands now. In any case, I'll find out eventually (I hope)!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed