Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

36 Pages«<2728293031>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
thebigone2087  
#561 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 6:57:49 AM(UTC)
thebigone2087

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: monster88 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Gengar Go to Quoted Post
Been lurking this thread for a few months now, so I figured I'd throw my timeline out there!

1/2019 - Applied
3/2019 - Recruiter requested transcripts
3/2019 - Operational Interview
4/2019 - CJO, received eqip
5/2019 - Completed Security Paperwork (after a few back and forths...)
7/2019 - Interview with Investigator
7/2019-8/2019 - References contacted
10/2019 - Poly/psych scheduled for mid-November

Hoping for the best for everyone!

Well... I got a call this morning and was told that they had to cancel my poly/psych for next week because they're "overbooked." I asked about rescheduling, and she said that the rest of 2019 is already booked up and that the 2020 calendar hasn't been released yet for scheduling. I don't know what all that means for processing times, except that it adds another month and a half + to mine, but I figured I'd share the info I had with y'all.

Well, that bites. Granted, I figured I wouldn't get the call until 2020, but I had that foolish optimism lol. Hopefully they're able to get you in sometime in January.

Update: Just heard from my recruiter who said that my processing has been "paused" until the organization reevaluates their staffing needs for 2020. I'm not sure how that lines up with what the other lady told me lol, but it definitely leaves me feeling discouraged!

Hopefully they're not actually booked up and are able to get you in!

Well that's not depressing at all. Mind if I ask what position you were being processed for?
Gengar  
#562 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 10:59:33 AM(UTC)
Gengar

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: thebigone2087 Go to Quoted Post
Been lurking this thread for a few months now, so I figured I'd throw my timeline out there!

1/2019 - Applied

Well... I got a call this morning and was told that they had to cancel my poly/psych for next week because they're "overbooked." I asked about rescheduling, and she said that the rest of 2019 is already booked up and that the 2020 calendar hasn't been released yet for scheduling. I don't know what all that means for processing times, except that it adds another month and a half + to mine, but I figured I'd share the info I had with y'all.

Well, that bites. Granted, I figured I wouldn't get the call until 2020, but I had that foolish optimism lol. Hopefully they're able to get you in sometime in January.

Update: Just heard from my recruiter who said that my processing has been "paused" until the organization reevaluates their staffing needs for 2020. I'm not sure how that lines up with what the other lady told me lol, but it definitely leaves me feeling discouraged!

Well that's not depressing at all. Mind if I ask what position you were being processed for?

I'm curious as well. They made it sound like they couldn't get enough tech people and were going to be trying to move those applicants through the process relatively quickly at the career event I went to.
not_real_throwaway  
#563 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 11:01:02 AM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)

1/2019 - Applied

I'm curious as well. They made it sound like they couldn't get enough tech people and were going to be trying to move those applicants through the process relatively quickly at the career event I went to.

I had a similar impression for the position I'm waiting for, which STEM focused
Gengar  
#564 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 11:06:26 AM(UTC)
Gengar

United States

Originally Posted by: not_real_throwaway Go to Quoted Post

1/2019 - Applied

Really? How long did that last? Or is it still ongoing?
not_real_throwaway  
#565 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 11:13:42 AM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

1/2019 - Applied

Really? How long did that last? Or is it still ongoing?

Applied about 13 or 14 months ago, CJO around march or april, failed first poly in august, passed poly in september, still waiting to see if I get a FJO or not
curious cows  
#566 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 2:06:15 PM(UTC)
curious cows

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I wonder if the re-evaluation will affect those who have already finished their processing and are in the adjudication phase waiting for their FJOs. Recruiter mentioned average wait from successful poly to FJO is about 1-3 months and I'm about to hit month 3! This is torture :(
not_real_throwaway  
#567 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2019 2:07:59 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Originally Posted by: curious cows Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if the re-evaluation will affect those who have already finished their processing and are in the adjudication phase waiting for their FJOs. Recruiter mentioned average wait from successful poly to FJO is about 1-3 months and I'm about to hit month 3! This is torture :(

I was told "about 2 months", almost exactly 2 months ago.
LDomino  
#568 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:41:06 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: curious cows Go to Quoted Post

I was told "about 2 months", almost exactly 2 months ago.

Strange how we all get such mixed messages; I was specifically told by my recruiter that they had no way of even guessing how timelines would end, post poly or otherwise. Seeing as how some folks poly early in the process while others at the beginning before the BI, it doesn't quite make sense to say that people get FJOs one or two months after successfully completing one. For the record, I'm coming up on four months post poly and my recruiter just days the same thing they've said since the beginning: "you remain in active processing, but due to the Privacy Act..."
YountBoii  
#569 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:10:42 PM(UTC)
YountBoii

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well, folks, I've been watching this thread for a while and thought I'd create an account and throw in my info.

End of 12/18 - Application submitted for two positions
End of 01/19 - PearsonVUE examination for first position
End of 04/19 - Operational Interview for first position
05/19 - PearsonVUE examination for second position, CJO for both positions (about 3 weeks apart)
06/19 - eQIP submitted
07/19 - Interview with BI, references contacted
11/19 - Poly (passed first time), psych eval

So my timeline seems pretty similar to some folks' recent timelines. Both positions are STEM related.

Now, here's a question for you seasoned applicants out there: my psych interview did not at all seem to have gone well. Everything in my processing up to this point has been wonderful, but the interview left me stressed and worried that I won't get the job. My interviewer was not very welcoming or helpful, often interrupting my answers to his questions if he didn't think I was getting to the point quickly enough; a couple of times it seemed that he scoffed at the logic I used in some of my life decisions. Additionally, I hesitated on a particular question that (without revealing what it was) seemed to be of particular importance, and to which hesitation in answering could be seen as problematic. In short, I'm worried that my interviewer might override any chance of passing that I was enjoying. It has seemed before that the polygraph is given somewhat more weight than the psych eval, though. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long post, I'm just a wee bit stressed at the moment. Thanks for any help!

Edited by user Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:12:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked YountBoii for this useful post.
That Applicant on 11/19/2019(UTC)
velcroTech  
#570 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:18:50 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Originally Posted by: YountBoii Go to Quoted Post
Well, folks, I've been watching this thread for a while and thought I'd create an account and throw in my info.

End of 12/18 - Application submitted for two positions
End of 01/19 - PearsonVUE examination for first position
End of 04/19 - Operational Interview for first position
05/19 - PearsonVUE examination for second position, CJO for both positions (about 3 weeks apart)
06/19 - eQIP submitted
07/19 - Interview with BI, references contacted
11/19 - Poly (passed first time), psych eval

So my timeline seems pretty similar to some folks' recent timelines. Both positions are STEM related.

Now, here's a question for you seasoned applicants out there: my psych interview did not at all seem to have gone well. Everything in my processing up to this point has been wonderful, but the interview left me stressed and worried that I won't get the job. My interviewer was not very welcoming or helpful, often interrupting my answers to his questions if he didn't think I was getting to the point quickly enough; a couple of times it seemed that he scoffed at the logic I used in some of my life decisions. Additionally, I hesitated on a particular question that (without revealing what it was) seemed to be of particular importance, and to which hesitation in answering could be seen as problematic. In short, I'm worried that my interviewer might override any chance of passing that I was enjoying. It has seemed before that the polygraph is given somewhat more weight than the psych eval, though. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long post, I'm just a wee bit stressed at the moment. Thanks for any help!

I am pretty sure the psych eval is a showstopper. You are given an opportunity to retake the poly but not the psych. I dont think that you would have any indication whether or not you passed that part though. Only time will tell.
someoldguy  
#571 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 5:57:55 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 934 time(s) in 785 post(s)
My interviewer was not very welcoming or helpful, often interrupting my answers to his questions if he didn't think I was getting to the point quickly enough; a couple of times it seemed that he scoffed at the logic I used in some of my life decisions.
Sounds more like a polygrapher than a psychologist!

Unless you admitted to not only hearing voices in your head, but also doing everything they tell you to, then you should be fine.

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
not_real_throwaway  
#572 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 6:08:06 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Everything in my processing up to this point has been wonderful, but the interview left me stressed and worried that I won't get the job. My interviewer was not very welcoming or helpful, often interrupting my answers to his questions if he didn't think I was getting to the point quickly enough; a couple of times it seemed that he scoffed at the logic I used in some of my life decisions.

My guy was like this too but I wasn't particularly worried. This is just a guess on my part but I think the psych is just to make sure you aren't too unstable to work with classified info, whereas the job interview is where you really need to actually impress
YountBoii  
#573 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:38:35 PM(UTC)
YountBoii

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks, everybody, for the replies! It's helpful to have a resource where I can talk to other people who have real experience in this arena!
I can't really accomplish anything by worrying about it, it's out of my hands now. In any case, I'll find out eventually (I hope)!
not_real_throwaway  
#574 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2019 7:42:53 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

I feel the same, it's nice to talk to other people who have interviewed here, but I often wonder how much I read here is just speculation and guessing from people who have only been interviewed, but not hired (yet). I'd take everything with a grain of salt
Gengar  
#575 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 8:24:16 AM(UTC)
Gengar

United States

I feel the same, it's nice to talk to other people who have interviewed here, but I often wonder how much I read here is just speculation and guessing from people who have only been interviewed, but not hired (yet). I'd take everything with a grain of salt

Gotta echo your sentiment a bit. It seems like everyone's process is ever-so-slightly different, even though they take similar paths in terms of steps (with variance, it seems, on when a BI reaches out).
not_real_throwaway  
#576 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 5:22:12 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Updating

11/18: Applied
11/18: Told they'd schedule a math test soon
2/19: They actually scheduled the math test even though I'd been pestering them for 3 months
2/19: Take math test
3/19: Got CJO (at a pretty undervalued salary based on their own brackets and my credentials and experience, but told I can't negotiate until later), asked for e-qip forms. Three or four times between 3/19 and 5/19 they send e-qip back asking for trivial changes, which take about two hours to do each time
5/19: Told my forms were accepted and my investigation has started
5/19: Met an investigator in person and he talked to me + some of my friends and coworkers
7/19: Told I'm in suitability checking, polygraph and psych schedule for 8/19
8/19: Psych exams, failed polygraph, had "normal" job interviews with the team I'd be working with if I take the job, psychologist asked for some medical records which I got emailed to him by the end of the month. Team I'd be working with said they expect to finish their committee and voting on whether they want me or not in about 2-2.5 months.
9/19: Passed polygraph. Polygraph examiner said usually it's about 2 months after this to finish the process on the security side. No idea if that's accurate or not, he didn't seem like he was totally confident in that estimate.
Late 10/19: Told that a batch of candidates in my department will be decided on starting on a certain day in 11/19. No idea if that means that's when I'll actually hear about the results, though.

update

11/19: Rejection email, no reason given. Well, what a waste of hope and time that was.
velcroTech  
#577 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 7:41:43 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Updating

2/19: They actually scheduled the math test even though I'd been pestering them for 3 months
3/19: Got CJO (at a pretty undervalued salary based on their own brackets and my credentials and experience, but told I can't negotiate until later), asked for e-qip forms. Three or four times between 3/19 and 5/19 they send e-qip back asking for trivial changes, which take about two hours to do each time
5/19: Met an investigator in person and he talked to me + some of my friends and coworkers
8/19: Psych exams, failed polygraph, had "normal" job interviews with the team I'd be working with if I take the job, psychologist asked for some medical records which I got emailed to him by the end of the month. Team I'd be working with said they expect to finish their committee and voting on whether they want me or not in about 2-2.5 months.
9/19: Passed polygraph. Polygraph examiner said usually it's about 2 months after this to finish the process on the security side. No idea if that's accurate or not, he didn't seem like he was totally confident in that estimate.
Late 10/19: Told that a batch of candidates in my department will be decided on starting on a certain day in 11/19. No idea if that means that's when I'll actually hear about the results, though.

update

11/19: Rejection email, no reason given. Well, what a waste of hope and time that was.

Apply again.
LDomino  
#578 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 8:00:36 PM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Updating

update

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Very humbling to remember you could put years into this process, jump thru every hoop, and still end up with a simple rejection email. Did they clarify if this was a clearance denial or merely suitability and you can roll the dice again later?
not_real_throwaway  
#579 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2019 8:43:28 PM(UTC)
not_real_throwaway

Originally Posted by: LDomino Go to Quoted Post
Updating

update

Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. Very humbling to remember you could put years into this process, jump thru every hoop, and still end up with a simple rejection email. Did they clarify if this was a clearance denial or merely suitability and you can roll the dice again later?

It wasn't an HR or security decision, it was the department I was going to work with decided not to go forward with me, which is a surprise becuase I feel my interviews went very well... I didn't get any actual reasons, though. Just that they decided that I'm not the right person.
NoStringsAttached  
#580 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2019 5:25:11 AM(UTC)
NoStringsAttached

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)

It wasn't an HR or security decision, it was the department I was going to work with decided not to go forward with me, which is a surprise becuase I feel my interviews went very well... I didn't get any actual reasons, though. Just that they decided that I'm not the right person.

Apply again in a year after you get more work experience or education. Unfortunately for me, I'm done with schooling for the foreseeable future. And my work doesn't give me any experience in this field. I'm not giving up, but it doesn't look promising for me. You can still do it if this is your dream. Maybe look into some private sector careers? Or another agency to get your foot in the door!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed