Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

29 Pages<12345>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
BatDog123  
#41 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 11:50:36 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: YoungD112 Go to Quoted Post
11/18 - Applied
11/18 - First contact with recruiter
11/18 - CNT Test
12/18 - Operational Interview
12/18 - Follow up with recruiter, verify information on application
01/19 - Verbal CJO
01/19 - Official CJO
01/19 - Sent in SF86 and other documents/transcripts

Bracing myself for things to slow down now.

You are not alone, my friend. I submitted my SF86 on 12/22.... its been radio silence ever since. I have a reminder on my phone to check in around the end of March.... Trying to do the whole sit it and forget it type thing. Easier said than done.

GovtWorker35  
#42 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 2:15:27 PM(UTC)
GovtWorker35

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BatDog123 Go to Quoted Post

You are not alone, my friend. I submitted my SF86 on 12/22.... its been radio silence ever since. I have a reminder on my phone to check in around the end of March.... Trying to do the whole sit it and forget it type thing. Easier said than done.

I submitted my forms in August, got a few questions to clear up some SF86 stuff from a security individual a couple months later, and now nothing since then. Whee!!
thanks 1 user thanked GovtWorker35 for this useful post.
BatDog123 on 1/30/2019(UTC)
tacrep  
#43 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:07:46 PM(UTC)
tacrep

It is strange that some cases go quickly and others get hung up at different stages. Is there are reason for this? Not that I think we can find an answer.

I suppose the agency has thousands of applicants so there is no incentive for them to things any differently.
GovtWorker35  
#44 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 4:44:17 PM(UTC)
GovtWorker35

United States

Originally Posted by: tacrep Go to Quoted Post
It is strange that some cases go quickly and others get hung up at different stages. Is there are reason for this? Not that I think we can find an answer.

I suppose the agency has thousands of applicants so there is no incentive for them to things any differently.

If you have never held a job, only lived in one place all your life, never traveled outside the US, have no foreign contacts, and have plenty of references, your case likely moves quickly.

Sadly for most us, this is far from the truth. :)
someoldguy  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:05:46 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 909 time(s) in 762 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GovtWorker35 Go to Quoted Post
If you have never held a job, only lived in one place all your life, never traveled outside the US, have no foreign contacts, and have plenty of references, your case likely moves quickly.
Perfect! So somebody with all those characteristics plus 5-7 years of experience and foreign language expertise would be the ideal candidate.

Oh yeah and willing to take a job as a GS-7

Now THAT would be a Purple Squirrel.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:06:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Exoplanetary  
#46 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 5:16:03 PM(UTC)
Exoplanetary

Man
United States

Now that we've got a new thread for the new year:

8/18 - Applied
8/18 - Took the test and filled out the questionnaire.
9/18 - Got my only 30-day notice email.
10/18 - Told by the HR line that I was in selection and more or less that I'd hear something in a few months if they wanted to go forward.
1/19 - ???

(Nope, nothing new.)
LDomino  
#47 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:29:45 PM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)

I've said this before somewhere else in the thread, but apparently the greatest setback for a fast processing time are CI investigations for applicants with lots of foreign contacts or travel; CI is done by a completely separate office from normal security and can tie up a case for years.

Edited by user Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:30:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Muhdoerves  
#48 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 6:30:59 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LDomino Go to Quoted Post

I've said this before somewhere else in the thread, but apparently the greatest setback for a day processing time are CI investigations for those applicants with lots of foreign contacts or travel; CI is done by a completely separate office from normal security and can tie up a case for years.

This makes me wonder. How many foreign contacts are too many?
en123  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:00:37 PM(UTC)
en123

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I was contacted fairly early, around mid Jan. I got a call within a week of submitting my application. Within three months, I had my in person interview, and my test (not poly). CO came in within a week or so from the interview. Met with a BI and all of my references were contacted by June. I am a naturalized citizen with lots of travel and foreign contacts (all of my family is overseas.) My assumption is that the background investigation is completed. I have no clue if I am in adjudication or not. While I get monthly phone call and status updates, I am still "processing". The PO couldn't tell me if I was in adjudication or not. It seems that this last stage is the lengthiest of all.
GovtWorker35  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, January 29, 2019 7:01:16 PM(UTC)
GovtWorker35

United States

I've said this before somewhere else in the thread, but apparently the greatest setback for a fast processing time are CI investigations for applicants with lots of foreign contacts or travel; CI is done by a completely separate office from normal security and can tie up a case for years.

How much are we talking? I have been out of the country about 10 times or so and only a couple foreign contacts. Is that a major problem or are we talking people who have been to like 80 countries and have dozens foreign contacts?

LDomino  
#51 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 4:51:30 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 6 post(s)

How much are we talking? I have been out of the country about 10 times or so and only a couple foreign contacts. Is that a major problem or are we talking people who have been to like 80 countries and have dozens foreign contacts?

I can't claim to have any idea what the threshold is, but the folks I know who had the longest processing times have spent significant time abroad, have several foreign contacts, especially through social media, and/or are naturalized citizens with foreign national family members. Every single trip and person needs to be investigated for the case to close, and I imagine it's extremely difficult to check up on persons in certain Nations.
BatDog123  
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 30, 2019 8:20:26 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

I've literally only been to Canada once, when I was like 8, and have zero other foreign travel. I also couldn't name one single foreign contact, because I really do lead a pretty boring life, and am one of those locals who rarely ever leaves their town, and a two hour trip away is huge. So I'm hoping I have that going for me. Plus no bad credit history, so that should help.

Unfortunately though, I had like 7 jobs to list, and have moved around 3 times. Otherwise, thats about it for me. The rest was very basic, and I am very boring.

I just really don't think its going to help speed anything up though.
John Kimble  
#53 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2019 3:11:29 PM(UTC)

I saw someone mention an online video interview.

Is this pre-recorded questions or live?

I live far from MD, so just wondering if I'll get that interview for the intelligence analyst development program.
velcroTech  
#54 Posted : Saturday, February 2, 2019 6:53:29 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Originally Posted by: John Kimble Go to Quoted Post
I saw someone mention an online video interview.

Is this pre-recorded questions or live?

I live far from MD, so just wondering if I'll get that interview for the intelligence analyst development program.

They might just fly you in like they do everyone else.
BatDog123  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:49:38 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Its only been a little over a month since submitting my SF86.

I have a reminder set to follow up at the 3 month mark.

But dang if sitting here in the dark, with zero contact isn't a bit of a bummer. I haven't heard a single peep since they were submitted, so I am assuming I had everything listed that I needed.

Crickets.
GovtWorker35  
#56 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:29:34 PM(UTC)
GovtWorker35

United States

But dang if sitting here in the dark, with zero contact isn't a bit of a bummer. I haven't heard a single peep since they were submitted, so I am assuming I had everything listed that I needed.

Crickets.

I got some questions from a security person three months after I submitted my forms, so you could still get those questions. And it has now been more months since those questions were answered with no contact at all.
BatDog123  
#57 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:51:54 PM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Crickets.

I got some questions from a security person three months after I submitted my forms, so you could still get those questions. And it has now been more months since those questions were answered with no contact at all.

I knew the process was going to leave me in the dark for long periods of time, I just still can't help but hate it lol.
Muhdoerves  
#58 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 6:04:35 PM(UTC)

I’d like to hear from my investigator and/or get my poly scheduled too, but it’s only been two months since I submitted my forms.
I wonder how long after the credit pull the BGI reaches out to you.
Taylor Swift  
#59 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 12:35:05 PM(UTC)
Taylor Swift

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've been lurking for a while, it's been very comforting reading stories on here similar to my own. I think today I'll throw my hat into the ring.

9/17- Applied
11/17- Interview, turned in SF86, took DLPT
12/17- Asked for additional SF86 Info
12/17- CJO
1/18- BI started
3-4/18- People listed on SF86 contacted
4/18- Met with investigator in-person

Since then, virtually nothing, just being told I'm awaiting poly/psych scheduling. Got a "We're still working on it" email 12/18, and I occasionally write to my recruitment contact (who always replies very quickly, at least I have that going for me.) I recently wrote my Senator, currently awaiting a response from there as well.

As for why it's taken so long, my money's on the multiple study abroad trips I've taken to everyone's favorite very-large east-Asian communist country, and all the people I've known from said country. Even so, I still just don't know what has taken almost a full year for them to learn about me. Other than that, I don't think I'm a very controversial person, so I'm hoping for some progress sometime soon.

Anyone got any guesses on the future of my timeline? Anyone have suggestions for what to do, insight into what could be happening right now, or any other words of wisdom?

Lastly, I attended the event described in the link below in 11/17. If anyone else here also attended, feel free to PM me with how far you've gotten through the process.

https://www.nsa.gov/News...-300-receive-job-offers/
Muhdoerves  
#60 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 12:55:16 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Taylor Swift Go to Quoted Post
I've been lurking for a while, it's been very comforting reading stories on here similar to my own. I think today I'll throw my hat into the ring.

9/17- Applied
11/17- Interview, turned in SF86, took DLPT
12/17- Asked for additional SF86 Info
12/17- CJO
1/18- BI started
3-4/18- People listed on SF86 contacted
4/18- Met with investigator in-person

Since then, virtually nothing, just being told I'm awaiting poly/psych scheduling. Got a "We're still working on it" email 12/18, and I occasionally write to my recruitment contact (who always replies very quickly, at least I have that going for me.) I recently wrote my Senator, currently awaiting a response from there as well.

As for why it's taken so long, my money's on the multiple study abroad trips I've taken to everyone's favorite very-large east-Asian communist country, and all the people I've known from said country. Even so, I still just don't know what has taken almost a full year for them to learn about me. Other than that, I don't think I'm a very controversial person, so I'm hoping for some progress sometime soon.

Anyone got any guesses on the future of my timeline? Anyone have suggestions for what to do, insight into what could be happening right now, or any other words of wisdom?

Lastly, I attended the event described in the link below in 11/17. If anyone else here also attended, feel free to PM me with how far you've gotten through the process.

https://www.nsa.gov/News...-300-receive-job-offers/

You language analysts really seem to get the short end of the stick.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed