Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

36 Pages«<23456>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
0x41  
#61 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 4:13:47 PM(UTC)
0x41

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 12 post(s)
The suspense is real.

1/19 Applied
1/19 CNT taken [felt confident I did well]

The waiting game to find out if I passed is rough. I've been reading it could be a month or two before I hear back. Until then I'm just taking more IT certs and studying. CEH test next week!
Muhdoerves  
#62 Posted : Wednesday, February 6, 2019 4:31:17 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 0x41 Go to Quoted Post

[felt confident I did well]

Then shouldn’t your username be "41 2b”? ;)

If you’ve passed the CNT, CEH should be a cakewalk. Good luck!

LDomino  
#63 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:39:31 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Taylor Swift Go to Quoted Post
I've been lurking for a while, it's been very comforting reading stories on here similar to my own. I think today I'll throw my hat into the ring.

9/17- Applied
11/17- Interview, turned in SF86, took DLPT
12/17- Asked for additional SF86 Info
12/17- CJO
1/18- BI started
3-4/18- People listed on SF86 contacted
4/18- Met with investigator in-person

Since then, virtually nothing, just being told I'm awaiting poly/psych scheduling. Got a "We're still working on it" email 12/18, and I occasionally write to my recruitment contact (who always replies very quickly, at least I have that going for me.) I recently wrote my Senator, currently awaiting a response from there as well.

As for why it's taken so long, my money's on the multiple study abroad trips I've taken to everyone's favorite very-large east-Asian communist country, and all the people I've known from said country. Even so, I still just don't know what has taken almost a full year for them to learn about me. Other than that, I don't think I'm a very controversial person, so I'm hoping for some progress sometime soon.

Anyone got any guesses on the future of my timeline? Anyone have suggestions for what to do, insight into what could be happening right now, or any other words of wisdom?

Lastly, I attended the event described in the link below in 11/17. If anyone else here also attended, feel free to PM me with how far you've gotten through the process.

https://www.nsa.gov/News...-300-receive-job-offers/

Hey Taylor; I'm essentially eight months ahead of you in the same pipeline with the same background, and so far I haven't heard anything since my BI interview a year and a half ago. All the language people I know who went thru this process for the same country are all measuring their processing times in years, with 3+ being the average. Heard many cases taking way longer than that, so prepare for a very, very long wait. Also, they had you fill out the SF-86 before even giving you the DLPT? That is extremely bizarre.
John Kimble  
#64 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:52:00 AM(UTC)

Wow the Hirevue online interview was quite... interesting.

Not gonna say too much about the questions, but some caught me a but off guard for the IADP position.

The platform was also strange.

Hope to hear back relatively soon.

someoldguy  
#65 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:37:48 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 924 time(s) in 776 post(s)
Originally Posted by: John Kimble Go to Quoted Post
Hope to hear back relatively soon.
"Relatively" being the key concept here.

Good luck! Hope you brought a book :)

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
wannabestud12  
#66 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 2:40:51 PM(UTC)
wannabestud12

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
It seems the hiring process is different for everyone. Thought I would share my experience, since I thought I was alone in the confusion. My timeline of even:
08/2017: Applied
11/2017: CNT/online analytic test (not interview, just a multiple choice exam)
12/2017: No longer under consideration email (i.e the thanks but not thanks email, we'll keep your resume on file)
--1 year later--
11/5/2018: Random call & email asking if I'm still interested
11/12/2018: Phone interview
11/13/2018: CJO call and letter
12/2018: Accepted CJO
01/2019: SF-86
02/2019: F/U SF-86

I know to never rationalize the process, but it was very confusing. I've applied to federal positions in the past and never received a CJO, or even heard of anyone receiving a CJO without a face-to-face interview. I contacted HR lines multiple times to confirm the legitimacy of the process; it all checked out. Forgive me if I sound arrogant or appearing to brag, I just wanted to share my similar experience of feeling in the dark/ confused throughout the process.

Best of luck to everyone with your application!
someoldguy  
#67 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:09:02 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 924 time(s) in 776 post(s)
Well I guess they really did keep your resume on file!

I don't know about NSA specifically but a lot of federal agencies only conduct phone interviews anymore.

F/U?

Edited by user Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:10:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Muhdoerves  
#68 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 3:59:52 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: wannabestud12 Go to Quoted Post
It seems the hiring process is different for everyone. Thought I would share my experience, since I thought I was alone in the confusion. My timeline of even:
08/2017: Applied
11/2017: CNT/online analytic test (not interview, just a multiple choice exam)
12/2017: No longer under consideration email (i.e the thanks but not thanks email, we'll keep your resume on file)
--1 year later--
11/5/2018: Random call & email asking if I'm still interested
11/12/2018: Phone interview
11/13/2018: CJO call and letter
12/2018: Accepted CJO
01/2019: SF-86
02/2019: F/U SF-86

I know to never rationalize the process, but it was very confusing. I've applied to federal positions in the past and never received a CJO, or even heard of anyone receiving a CJO without a face-to-face interview. I contacted HR lines multiple times to confirm the legitimacy of the process; it all checked out. Forgive me if I sound arrogant or appearing to brag, I just wanted to share my similar experience of feeling in the dark/ confused throughout the process.

Best of luck to everyone with your application!

What does F/U mean?

Taylor Swift  
#69 Posted : Thursday, February 7, 2019 6:37:33 PM(UTC)
Taylor Swift

United States

Originally Posted by: LDomino Go to Quoted Post
I've been lurking for a while, it's been very comforting reading stories on here similar to my own. I think today I'll throw my hat into the ring.

9/17- Applied
11/17- Interview, turned in SF86, took DLPT
12/17- Asked for additional SF86 Info
12/17- CJO
1/18- BI started
3-4/18- People listed on SF86 contacted
4/18- Met with investigator in-person

Since then, virtually nothing, just being told I'm awaiting poly/psych scheduling. Got a "We're still working on it" email 12/18, and I occasionally write to my recruitment contact (who always replies very quickly, at least I have that going for me.) I recently wrote my Senator, currently awaiting a response from there as well.

As for why it's taken so long, my money's on the multiple study abroad trips I've taken to everyone's favorite very-large east-Asian communist country, and all the people I've known from said country. Even so, I still just don't know what has taken almost a full year for them to learn about me. Other than that, I don't think I'm a very controversial person, so I'm hoping for some progress sometime soon.

Anyone got any guesses on the future of my timeline? Anyone have suggestions for what to do, insight into what could be happening right now, or any other words of wisdom?

Lastly, I attended the event described in the link below in 11/17. If anyone else here also attended, feel free to PM me with how far you've gotten through the process.

https://www.nsa.gov/News...-300-receive-job-offers/

Hey Taylor; I'm essentially eight months ahead of you in the same pipeline with the same background, and so far I haven't heard anything since my BI interview a year and a half ago. All the language people I know who went thru this process for the same country are all measuring their processing times in years, with 3+ being the average. Heard many cases taking way longer than that, so prepare for a very, very long wait. Also, they had you fill out the SF-86 before even giving you the DLPT? That is extremely bizarre.

They told me I'd take the DLPT at the recruiting event, and sent me an SF86 to fill out ahead of time, so I had the option to turn it in at the event but it wasn't necessary. I figured it would be better if I turned it in earlier, but at this point, what's another week or two? lol
wannabestud12  
#70 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 9:04:26 AM(UTC)
wannabestud12

F/U = follow up
thanks 1 user thanked wannabestud12 for this useful post.
someoldguy on 2/8/2019(UTC)
BatDog123  
#71 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 11:05:53 AM(UTC)
BatDog123

United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post

I don't know about NSA specifically but a lot of federal agencies only conduct phone interviews anymore.

F/U?

I had to do an in person interview, and there was like a room full of other interviewees that day.
Taylor Swift  
#72 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 5:01:11 PM(UTC)
Taylor Swift

United States

Probably inconsequential update, got another "we're still working on it"-type voicemail from recruiters today. I know it's probably a script they read off of, but they said something about "working to finalize" my application and I'm just hanging on that one phrase, hoping that means I will move forward a bit sometime soon.

Other question for you all: What have you been doing to keep yourselves busy? I got out of college in May, thought that I'd start that summer, how wrong I was. Played Fortnite for 3 months (and won only once), then got a job at a grocery store, hoping it would be done by New Years, but alas. I'm leaving my beloved grocery store next week and really want to find something better for the expected long wait, and more suited for a college graduate.

I would prefer to do something that will let me move away from home, so probably full-time, but I don't want a corporate business-ey job (no interest in it, or skills for it) and not something that requires me to pay for training (I was thinking about flight school/being a pilot for a while, but it costs big money). Recruiter says I shouldn't work for the government because that complicates the clearance processing somehow, and I also don't want to have to commit to any job for a long period of time upfront, so I can start as soon as I get my clearance. Lot of parameters, I know. Have any of you found any good ways to stay busy while you wait?

Edited by user Friday, February 8, 2019 5:02:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

en123  
#73 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 5:11:58 PM(UTC)
en123

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Taylor Swift,

I get that voicemail once a month. They always use "finalizing your application" as their closing line. Please keep in mind that the more you move and switch jobs, the longer the process as they need to verify all the new changes.
thanks 1 user thanked en123 for this useful post.
Taylor Swift on 2/8/2019(UTC)
Muhdoerves  
#74 Posted : Friday, February 8, 2019 6:06:14 PM(UTC)

Probably inconsequential update, got another "we're still working on it"-type voicemail from recruiters today. I know it's probably a script they read off of, but they said something about "working to finalize" my application and I'm just hanging on that one phrase, hoping that means I will move forward a bit sometime soon.

Other question for you all: What have you been doing to keep yourselves busy? I got out of college in May, thought that I'd start that summer, how wrong I was. Played Fortnite for 3 months (and won only once), then got a job at a grocery store, hoping it would be done by New Years, but alas. I'm leaving my beloved grocery store next week and really want to find something better for the expected long wait, and more suited for a college graduate.

I would prefer to do something that will let me move away from home, so probably full-time, but I don't want a corporate business-ey job (no interest in it, or skills for it) and not something that requires me to pay for training (I was thinking about flight school/being a pilot for a while, but it costs big money). Recruiter says I shouldn't work for the government because that complicates the clearance processing somehow, and I also don't want to have to commit to any job for a long period of time upfront, so I can start as soon as I get my clearance. Lot of parameters, I know. Have any of you found any good ways to stay busy while you wait?

If you’re a linguist, maybe you can work as adjunct faculty at a local university/community program or as a tutor?
LDomino  
#75 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 7:13:40 AM(UTC)
LDomino

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 9 post(s)

Hey Taylor,

If you haven't even been polyed yet you have a looooong way to go. The finalizing application voicemail is just a script for all applicants regardless of where they are in the process. If you have language skills, keep them sharp by doing translation work. Your language skills will be retested if more than three years have passed since the last DLPT, and failing could screw you. Get a job, get married, have kids... You could likely do all those things before you're cleared so don't wait around.

Edited by user Saturday, February 9, 2019 7:15:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked LDomino for this useful post.
Moz on 2/9/2019(UTC)
Lefty  
#76 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 4:53:37 PM(UTC)
Lefty

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi all!

First time caller, long time listener.

I wanted to share my timeline, as I recently received the FJO. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, as I know this process can be insanely arduous and anything I can do to pay it forward...

Submitted Application: End of January 2018
Invited for Interview: April 2018
Interview at HQ: May 2018
CJO: Middle of June 2018
Submitted HR/Security Forms: End of June/Beginning of July 2018
Pre-Screen Questions: August 2018
Scheduled Psych and Poly: Beginning of October 2018
BI Called to Schedule Subject Interview: Beginning of October 2018 (actually same day I got the call about psych/poly
Subject Interview/BI came to my job: Beginning of October 2018
Poly/Psych: End of October/Beginning of Nov 2018 (passed first time)
FJO: Beginning of February 2019
thanks 1 user thanked Lefty for this useful post.
rkf4ever on 3/7/2019(UTC)
Lefty  
#77 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:07:42 PM(UTC)
Lefty

Originally Posted by: Porgy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Lefty Go to Quoted Post
Hi all!

I wanted to share my timeline, as I recently received the FJO. If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, as I know this process can be insanely arduous and anything I can do to pay it forward...

BI Called to Schedule Subject Interview: Beginning of October 2018 (actually same day I got the call about psych/poly

Congrats, I hope you’re excited!
If you don’t mind sharing, what kind of position was it?

I am definitely excited. It's an analyst position.

Muhdoerves  
#78 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:09:35 PM(UTC)

Originally Posted by: Porgy Go to Quoted Post
Hi all!

Congrats, I hope you’re excited!
If you don’t mind sharing, what kind of position was it?

I am definitely excited. It's an analyst position.

Thanks for sharing!
https://media.giphy.com/...13SbGD4j7TlqZG/giphy.gif
en123  
#79 Posted : Saturday, February 9, 2019 5:56:04 PM(UTC)
en123

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Lefty,

Congratulations and thanks for sharing your timeline. Did you have many foreign contacts and/or travels?
Lefty  
#80 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2019 9:40:31 AM(UTC)
Lefty

In terms of foreign contact, I have a few, but made sure I had all their information at the time of the subject interview (i.e., addresses, birth dates, place of birth, etc.). With respect to travel, anything recent has been to Mexico, Canada, Caribbean, etc.
thanks 1 user thanked Lefty for this useful post.
en123 on 2/10/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed