Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Employees: You be the Judge

Get real-life reviews of key court cases involving federal employees. Share your opinion on the outcomes of these cases, or participate in other discussions about workplace issues that may impact your job.

Be civil when debating with others in the forum. Uncivil remarks toward any other forum member is prohibited on FederalSoup and should be reported immediately.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
emrlddragon  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 9:32:21 AM(UTC)
emrlddragon

Groups: Registered
United States

Quick question- investigation already started. I answered the request for documents and witness information. The investigator sent request for witness info and documents to the "agency." Fast forward a week and the investigator writes that the investigation has been put back to the agency. I am confused so I call to get information from the EO director, they tell me the agency wants a fact finding conference because it is more accurate than sending documents and information through email.
No, this is just a stall tactic and now a third investigator (the first one was re-assigned before any communication). If there is no policy stating it has to be a conference, what recourse do I have? I have asked who recalled the investigator, after the investigation started and why?
Anything I am missing? This appears to be that they want mediation before the investigation but now I don't even think I want to have mediation.

Hawaiiannative  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 6:06:42 PM(UTC)
Hawaiiannative

United States

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Basically, you are trapped. You can deny mediation, but the agency uses that against you.

My opinion is that mediation is a dog and pony show. Nothing ever improves from mediation, and often gets worse, but it is far more subtle, stealthy, and pervasive. After mediation, a few respectable months, I had an office transfer to Siberia. An office with no work assigned to me, for over a year. At least I had plenty of time to look for another job.
emrlddragon  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 3, 2019 6:36:56 PM(UTC)
emrlddragon

United States

Originally Posted by: Hawaiiannative Go to Quoted Post
Basically, you are trapped. You can deny mediation, but the agency uses that against you.

My opinion is that mediation is a dog and pony show. Nothing ever improves from mediation, and often gets worse, but it is far more subtle, stealthy, and pervasive. After mediation, a few respectable months, I had an office transfer to Siberia. An office with no work assigned to me, for over a year. At least I had plenty of time to look for another job.

I don't mind to go to mediation, I have everything I need and I'm very interested to see what they bring as reasons for what happened. I've already proven the disparate treatment with plenty of documentation, a lot of things were sent in email.
I don't feel trapped, I'm frustrated and feel they are wasting time. It's stressful and creating unnecessary drama in the office, the hostile environment gets worse as it gets closer to the supervisor leaving, but they haven't taken any action to remove him from the position.
Ironically I had requested and was approved for a move to another office, but only temporary- basically until the supervisor leaves (not a coincidence that the detail would end at the same time the supervisor "retires") ... it definitely doesn't feel like they trying to get rid of me. I really don't understand why they won't just let me go!!! I have asked to be moved 3 times and finally was approved but now it's just wasting more time.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed