Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

91 Pages«<899091
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Someguy2010  
#1801 Posted : Thursday, December 5, 2019 7:18:04 PM(UTC)
Someguy2010

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 12 post(s)
Someone in IA forum got called for Jan class, so maybe they are starting to.
thanks 1 user thanked Someguy2010 for this useful post.
JohnSmith12321 on 12/5/2019(UTC)
superskye  
#1802 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 3:51:25 PM(UTC)
superskye

United States

Have my Phase II interview scheduled in January. Was reading that some people have Rankings such as "Competitiveness" and was wondering how do I figure out if I have a ranking?

thanks
dmiller23462  
#1803 Posted : Friday, December 6, 2019 3:57:39 PM(UTC)
dmiller23462

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I don't post much on here but I received and accepted my final offer today. Will be in the January class and look forward to meeting some of you other filthy animals :-)

-Dave
thanks 6 users thanked dmiller23462 for this useful post.
AC123! on 12/6/2019(UTC), ASA8003 on 12/7/2019(UTC), Tpr6701 on 12/7/2019(UTC), Bishop007 on 12/7/2019(UTC), SuperDuperSecretSquirrel on 12/9/2019(UTC), 1995JeepCherokee on 12/10/2019(UTC)
Tpr6701  
#1804 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 10:43:25 AM(UTC)
Tpr6701

United States

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: dmiller23462 Go to Quoted Post
I don't post much on here but I received and accepted my final offer today. Will be in the January class and look forward to meeting some of you other filthy animals :-)

-Dave

Congratulations Dave!!
thanks 1 user thanked Tpr6701 for this useful post.
dmiller23462 on 12/7/2019(UTC)
Malobyte  
#1805 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 4:02:46 PM(UTC)
Malobyte

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Well, I finally did it! Received and accepted my final offer! Looking forward to serving this Country! Good luck to the rest of you in this process! :)

Edited by user Saturday, December 7, 2019 4:03:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 3 users thanked Malobyte for this useful post.
dmiller23462 on 12/7/2019(UTC), Bishop007 on 12/7/2019(UTC), CLARK5 on 12/8/2019(UTC)
JohnSmith12321  
#1806 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 4:32:55 PM(UTC)
JohnSmith12321

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Congrats to those that got a final offer, did you receive it the same time you were adjudicated? Did they call you or was it online through the applicant portal?
dmiller23462  
#1807 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 4:34:07 PM(UTC)
dmiller23462

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JohnSmith12321 Go to Quoted Post
Congrats to those that got a final offer, did you receive it the same time you were adjudicated? Did they call you or was it online through the applicant portal?

I was adjudicated early Nov and called about it. Had another PFT to knock out, and then the offer came via email.
Ezhikus  
#1808 Posted : Saturday, December 7, 2019 5:05:09 PM(UTC)
Ezhikus

United States

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Congratulations to those who got that special call/email! Very happy for you, great job!!!! Yahoooooo!!!!
Icandothis  
#1809 Posted : Sunday, December 8, 2019 9:03:27 PM(UTC)
Icandothis

Congratulations Dmiller23462 and Malobyte on receiving your final offer ! Would you both mind sharing your timeline ( M&G to final offer) ?
Bmh133  
#1810 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 4:47:58 AM(UTC)
Bmh133

United States

Originally Posted by: superskye Go to Quoted Post
Have my Phase II interview scheduled in January. Was reading that some people have Rankings such as "Competitiveness" and was wondering how do I figure out if I have a ranking?

thanks

Sweet, me too. Is yours going to be in California?

Your ranking should have been emailed to you after some time following the meet & greet. If you are scheduled for Phase 2, you ranked either competitive or most competitive.

Edited by user Monday, December 9, 2019 4:49:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ASA8003  
#1811 Posted : Monday, December 9, 2019 3:19:28 PM(UTC)
ASA8003

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just received an email from FBIJOBS telling me there has been an update to my application processing status, but when I log in to my application nothing has changed. My processing date is still the same and my status is still the same...

Anyone have experience with this? Good, bad, crazy?
bondman007  
#1812 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:11:58 PM(UTC)
bondman007

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Those of you in background; anyone ever have to get one of the signature sheets from when you submit your Sf-86/ EQIP notarized? Got a call from my Processing FO saying HQ needed it. Thought that was a little weird.

The only thing I could think of why is because I digitally signed it and not ink and scanned back in. But it had all the right certificates with the digital signature proving authenticity.

Haven't heard anything about my background in months, so hoping this means things are moving along at least
App: 01/16
P1: 02/06
M&G: 3/12
P2: 3/22
P2 Panel: 5/6
PFT: 5/23
COE: 5/24
Med: 6/13 & 6/24
PSI: 6/25
Poly: 7/2
BI: Ongoing?
AnotherLawyer  
#1813 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:18:31 PM(UTC)
AnotherLawyer

United States

Originally Posted by: Tiny_Fed_69 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: RetiredArmy2019 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AnotherLawyer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: trek123 Go to Quoted Post
My recruiter sent me an email telling me to update my resume to include the core competencies. She suggested that I watch the video which says says each core competency should be described in 6-8 sentences. Do I just attach that as a supplemental page to my resume or am I supposed to include a sentence or two in my work experience for each competency? Her email was unclear; would appreciate some clarification.

For each job you do, in your narrative, indicate what core competency the narrative represents and make sure those core competency words are in the narrative. For mine, if I wrote a narrative and it had a number of the competencies, I wrote those core competencies as the heading (bold) followed by the narrative. For instance:

"Collaboration; Communication; Flexibility and Adaptability; Initiative; Organizing and Planning:" (all in bold) followed by the narrative. I did that for each narrative.

Methinks I need to update my resume. I used the FBI / federal government template, but filled it in like a normal resume using bullet points. It was already over 5 pages, so I was worried about putting a big long narrative in. I don't recall ever seeing a link to a video (and I did quite a bit of reading up on the process). Anyone have the link?

Still waiting on my M&G invite so I assume I have time.

The link didn't provide any actual guidance. The individual on the video said to use the core competencies when filling out your resume. I don't have the link right off; however, it's in the FBI website with a number of other videos.

The SSA I spoke with during my M&G (he did my interview) really downplayed the importance of the resume. My FO does the pilot PFT and apparently it basically puts the decision in the hands of the FO (they "recommend" you to HQ if you pass the PFT and they like what they saw during the M&G). So he really made it seem like that as long as your resume isn't a complete disaster, it'd be fine. He also emphasized how few people actually pass the PFT, so it seems like that's really the important part now.

Not sure if that applies to regular non-pilot programs.

I finally got my M&G email with couple date options in January 2020. The email I got said to explain how you meet the core competencies. It may be as Tiny Fed says that they focus more on the substance, but I'll probably follow Retired Army's advice since it matches the email. Also, he or she seems to be blitzing through this, so I'll try and follow behind!
CLARK5  
#1814 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 6:31:39 PM(UTC)
CLARK5

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tiny_Fed_69 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: trek123 Go to Quoted Post
My recruiter sent me an email telling me to update my resume to include the core competencies. She suggested that I watch the video which says says each core competency should be described in 6-8 sentences. Do I just attach that as a supplemental page to my resume or am I supposed to include a sentence or two in my work experience for each competency? Her email was unclear; would appreciate some clarification.

For each job you do, in your narrative, indicate what core competency the narrative represents and make sure those core competency words are in the narrative. For mine, if I wrote a narrative and it had a number of the competencies, I wrote those core competencies as the heading (bold) followed by the narrative. For instance:

"Collaboration; Communication; Flexibility and Adaptability; Initiative; Organizing and Planning:" (all in bold) followed by the narrative. I did that for each narrative.

Methinks I need to update my resume. I used the FBI / federal government template, but filled it in like a normal resume using bullet points. It was already over 5 pages, so I was worried about putting a big long narrative in. I don't recall ever seeing a link to a video (and I did quite a bit of reading up on the process). Anyone have the link?

Still waiting on my M&G invite so I assume I have time.

The link didn't provide any actual guidance. The individual on the video said to use the core competencies when filling out your resume. I don't have the link right off; however, it's in the FBI website with a number of other videos.

The SSA I spoke with during my M&G (he did my interview) really downplayed the importance of the resume. My FO does the pilot PFT and apparently it basically puts the decision in the hands of the FO (they "recommend" you to HQ if you pass the PFT and they like what they saw during the M&G). So he really made it seem like that as long as your resume isn't a complete disaster, it'd be fine. He also emphasized how few people actually pass the PFT, so it seems like that's really the important part now.

Not sure if that applies to regular non-pilot programs.

I finally got my M&G email with couple date options in January 2020. The email I got said to explain how you meet the core competencies. It may be as Tiny Fed says that they focus more on the substance, but I'll probably follow Retired Army's advice since it matches the email. Also, he or she seems to be blitzing through this, so I'll try and follow behind!

I used https://www.resume-place...fbi-resume-competencies/ and worked with Kathryn for my resume. This may help show you how to lay out the competencies within your resume. I too went through a pilot FO and am unsure the degree the resume actually has on the entire process with potentially more emphasis on the PFT as mentioned above but my AC did complement the resume and said "well done" after I updated it using the format with the competencies included (vs. my initial resume I submitted when applying) ... it was also helpful when preparing for the Phase II interview because I then already had some stories prepared as to how I met the competencies...
APP 5/3/19
PI 5/11/19
MG 6/19/19
PFT 6/26/19
PII(W) 6/28/19
PII (I)8/27/19
COA 9/6/19
PSI 10/2/19
POLY 10/23/19
1995JeepCherokee  
#1815 Posted : Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:18:03 PM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Congrats to everyone on the final offer acceptances!

After dropping off the face of the Earth (as far as the FBI goes) for the last several months I'm finally getting back in to the swing of things and feeling super motivated to get the ball rolling again. I neglected any sort of physical fitness between September and mid-November so I have a little bit of catching up to do but am feeling great after getting back in to it.

It's cool to see people on the same timeline as me getting in to the Q and others being well in to their background. I don't feel bad because I really haven't been in a point in my life where I would have wanted to be at the Q right now. I realized having 5 cars (3 of which were project cars), a motorcycle, and all my possessions spread among 3 houses (never consolidated after college) isn't exactly conducive to going away for 5 months then potentially moving across the country. Now I have 3 running cars and 4 motorcycles (3 of those are projects, oops) but I guess kind of a move in right direction...

Anyways, I'm thinking about taking my PFT in late February or March which I think will be a perfect timeline for me. As a bonus I should also have a very comfortable cushion on PFT scores by then based on how I'm feeling now and did on my first test back in June.

Edited by user Tuesday, December 10, 2019 9:19:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

App: 12/11
P1: 12/22
Add. Info: 1/2
M&G: 2/8
Writing: 4/9
Panel: 6/4
Pass P2: 6/10
PFT (Fail): 6/19
PFT (2nd): TBD
Carbon_Made  
#1816 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:18:05 AM(UTC)
Carbon_Made

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Carbon_Made Go to Quoted Post
For anybody that's successfully gone through the Phase 2 Interview, care to share any insights or advice you may have? I understand it may be limited, but just trying to develop an action plan here so I'm fully prepared for any scenario. I know previous posts have stated to know the FBI core competencies which I feel is the easy part of the whole thing. Also, the agents performing the interview, have they seen your resume ahead of time or are they going through it on the spot to avoid any type of pre-judgement? I ask because if they start asking about the competencies I can gladly go over the examples/scenarios I gave on my resume in more detail, or are they looking for additional examples?

So received confirmation that my face to face interview is scheduled for next Monday, I was surprised they were even able to fit me in before the holidays. That being said, I was able to get some feedback on my original question above but if anybody else has any other advice it would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid I'm probably overthinking this and it's really as straight forward as they claim.
App: 7/20
Ph.1: 8/17
M&G: 9/25
Ranking: 10/30
Pilot PFT: 11/15 - PASSED
Ph.2 - Written: 11/23
Ph.2 - Interview: 12/16
1995JeepCherokee  
#1817 Posted : Wednesday, December 11, 2019 7:21:35 AM(UTC)
1995JeepCherokee

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
For anybody that's successfully gone through the Phase 2 Interview, care to share any insights or advice you may have? I understand it may be limited, but just trying to develop an action plan here so I'm fully prepared for any scenario. I know previous posts have stated to know the FBI core competencies which I feel is the easy part of the whole thing. Also, the agents performing the interview, have they seen your resume ahead of time or are they going through it on the spot to avoid any type of pre-judgement? I ask because if they start asking about the competencies I can gladly go over the examples/scenarios I gave on my resume in more detail, or are they looking for additional examples?

So received confirmation that my face to face interview is scheduled for next Monday, I was surprised they were even able to fit me in before the holidays. That being said, I was able to get some feedback on my original question above but if anybody else has any other advice it would be greatly appreciated. I'm afraid I'm probably overthinking this and it's really as straight forward as they claim.

The agents interviewing you in Phase II literally know your name and social security number. They know nothing else about you and have never seen your resume. It's your job to be able to provide well thought out and well communicated stories that cover the core competencies they ask about.
App: 12/11
P1: 12/22
Add. Info: 1/2
M&G: 2/8
Writing: 4/9
Panel: 6/4
Pass P2: 6/10
PFT (Fail): 6/19
PFT (2nd): TBD
Rss Feed  Atom Feed