Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

77 Pages«<757677
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Tactguy392  
#1521 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 10:25:27 AM(UTC)
Tactguy392

Groups: Registered
United States

Anybody know if the October class is full yet? Or how many spots are left if it’s not already full?
JohnSmith12321  
#1522 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:18:23 AM(UTC)
JohnSmith12321

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Tactguy392 Go to Quoted Post
Anybody know if the October class is full yet? Or how many spots are left if it’s not already full?

I was hoping to find out today when I called my AC, he was supposed to call me back and hasn't yet, if he does i'll update everyone on the current count
thanks 1 user thanked JohnSmith12321 for this useful post.
Tactguy392 on 10/17/2019(UTC)
JohnSmith12321  
#1523 Posted : Thursday, October 17, 2019 11:22:56 AM(UTC)
JohnSmith12321

United States

Also, my profile has the 10/15 update next to the security componant status, I haven't heard back from my AC yet, has anyone figured out if there is anything to it?
Dstaf02  
#1524 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 1:29:44 AM(UTC)
Dstaf02

Whats up guys, long time lurker. I'll be taking the Phase 1 exam very soon. any tips or pointers for me? I'd glady appreciate it.
Ratigan  
#1525 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 5:36:36 AM(UTC)
Ratigan

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Dstaf02 Go to Quoted Post
Whats up guys, long time lurker. I'll be taking the Phase 1 exam very soon. any tips or pointers for me? I'd glady appreciate it.

I encountered nothing on the test that wasn't in the study guide from FBIJobs.gov, so hopefully that's comforting. Beyond those materials, my advice is to get very comfortable with the figural reasoning questions if you struggle at all with the ones in the study guide. For most people, those are the harder questions. If you Google "figural reasoning test questions," "pattern recognition test questions," or "abstract reasoning test questions," you should find a lot to work with. Also, don't worry about skipping a question and coming back to it. The computerized test makes this easy.
Bishop007  
#1526 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 6:07:25 AM(UTC)
Bishop007

United States

Originally Posted by: Ratigan Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Dstaf02 Go to Quoted Post

I encountered nothing on the test that wasn't in the study guide from FBIJobs.gov, so hopefully that's comforting. Beyond those materials, my advice is to get very comfortable with the figural reasoning questions if you struggle at all with the ones in the study guide. For most people, those are the harder questions. If you Google "figural reasoning test questions," "pattern recognition test questions," or "abstract reasoning test questions," you should find a lot to work with. Also, don't worry about skipping a question and coming back to it. The computerized test makes this easy.

THis X2.

The FBI guide is a great place to start.

Make sure you read the instructions. I can't remember if the FBI guide said you could or could not use scratch paper, but my testing center did not allow me to use scratch paper, which was a curveball.

For logic reasoning - make sure you understand the "some" argument. That is the hardest concept. Lookup youtube some argument explanation. It is the same concept from the LSAT.
The figural reasoning is easy ONCE you get it. But you need to do a few to program your brain for what they are looking for.
Applied 10/7
Accepted 10/7
P1 10/11 (pass)
M&G 10/21
App2018licant  
#1527 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 6:48:16 AM(UTC)
App2018licant

United States

Originally Posted by: Tactguy392 Go to Quoted Post

Oct is not full yet. I don't know how many spots are left.
Applied: 12/2018
Background: 6/2019
helmutyork  
#1528 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 7:35:26 AM(UTC)
helmutyork

Groups: Unapproved

What is the current turn around time for invite after taking the Phase 2 written portion for the phase 2 interview? Is there a current back log making 6-7 weeks normal before hearing anything about an interview?
K897  
#1529 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 7:45:53 AM(UTC)
K897

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: helmutyork Go to Quoted Post
What is the current turn around time for invite after taking the Phase 2 written portion for the phase 2 interview? Is there a current back log making 6-7 weeks normal before hearing anything about an interview?

I had 12 days in between completing P2 written and invite to schedule P2 interview but that just may be my FO.
RetiredArmy2019  
#1530 Posted : Friday, October 18, 2019 8:09:47 AM(UTC)
RetiredArmy2019

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Originally Posted by: helmutyork Go to Quoted Post

Everyone will be different. I took the written the first week in September and have my interview next week.
App: 7/25
Self-PFT: 8/5 (23)
Phase I Assessment: 8/9 (Pass)
M&G: 8/21
Phase II(W): 9/4
Phase II(I): 10/21
Rss Feed  Atom Feed