Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Office of Personnel Management

OPM is responsible for several broad categories such as employee recruitment and retention and oversees the overall federal workforce including managing, job announcement postings at USAJOBS.gov and setting governmentwide policies on hiring procedures.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
leneley  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 8:07:40 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I’m still awaiting a reply from my parent HR regarding 360 leave ceiling I’ve earned and continue to meet from an OCONUS assignment.

Apparently, not many individuals in relevant positions are aware of the USC rule when it comes to leave earned when returning from overseas or are interpreting it incorrectly.

DFAS, of all agencies, is claiming I revert back to 240 once I return. Funny thing is, I kept my 360 for 2 years after my return to CONUS and was given this new rule when I transferred to a new branch. Even funnier, the same DFAS services both branches.

Be warned, folks. I don’t know how many people they’re screwing over but, the DFAS SMEs and/or your timekeeping department are messing with your end of service annual leave payout.

USC 6304 states ‘until used’, no room for interpretation.
FS0201  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 9:32:52 AM(UTC)
FS0201

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 239 post(s)
Originally Posted by: leneley Go to Quoted Post
I’m still awaiting a reply from my parent HR regarding 360 leave ceiling I’ve earned and continue to meet from an OCONUS assignment.

Apparently, not many individuals in relevant positions are aware of the USC rule when it comes to leave earned when returning from overseas or are interpreting it incorrectly.

DFAS, of all agencies, is claiming I revert back to 240 once I return. Funny thing is, I kept my 360 for 2 years after my return to CONUS and was given this new rule when I transferred to a new branch. Even funnier, the same DFAS services both branches.

Be warned, folks. I don’t know how many people they’re screwing over but, the DFAS SMEs and/or your timekeeping department are messing with your end of service annual leave payout.

USC 6304 states ‘until used’, no room for interpretation.

It is not as commonly understood as it should be. I had to point my HR (and I am in HR) to 5 USC 6304 and our agency guidance which also makes it clear. I also cited OPM 04-0016 (2005) and GAO, B145180 (1961), both of which support this position. It was resolved favorably for me.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
leneley  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 10, 2019 6:11:58 PM(UTC)

Ahhhh, thank you for the additional references.

I also went to legal counsel who agreed with the 360 until used.

My timekeepers are dragging their feet waiting for further guidance from our parent HR. They just need to cut an SF 1150 and pu***** forward.

It’s not a priority if it doesn’t concern themselves...
Rss Feed  Atom Feed