Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Education

The mission of the Department of Education is to promote student achievement and preparation for global competitiveness by fostering educational excellence and ensuring equal access

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nova jones  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 16, 2019 8:33:05 AM(UTC)
nova jones

Groups: Registered
United States

Hey guys,
I have been working on my mini project this semester and have decided to design a gpa calculator. Which language you think should i use. Any suggestions about things i should be aware of before starting?
FatHappyCat  
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 17, 2019 3:00:27 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 86 post(s)
You can make it in any language. Ultimately a GPA calculator is nothing but a set of calculation. You can make it as complicated as a webpage like (https://gpacalculator.net/college-gpa-calculator/) which isn't too hard. Or you can just do a basic excel spreadsheet using formulas.
ex-military  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:59:40 AM(UTC)
ex-military

Was thanked: 94 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Originally Posted by: FatHappyCat Go to Quoted Post
You can make it in any language. Ultimately a GPA calculator is nothing but a set of calculation. You can make it as complicated as a webpage like (https://gpacalculator.net/college-gpa-calculator/) which isn't too hard. Or you can just do a basic excel spreadsheet using formulas.

Agreed. When I was in college, I used an Excel Spreadsheet to keep track of my (and my wife's) GPA. I also ran "What if" scenarios to see how different grades in various classes would impact the GPA.

The fact that this is allowed as some sort of "mini project" for a grade speaks to the low level to which our university system has fallen. Sad..
Rss Feed  Atom Feed