Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
figtree  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 5:34:06 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have accepted L knee condition since 11/05/13 and was placed on Permanent Disability rolls.I also have accepted claim for R knee 2011 and had partial R knee replacement same year. This failed and I’m now seeking auth for R TKR.
I was also on SSDI until I turned 65 this past December.

I had partial L knee replacement 2014....saw 3 OWCP IMEs...last one place me on Permanent Disability
Had L TKR 4/2018.

Today 2/7/19, I received letter to appear before IME under my L knee claim in 2 weeks! This hardly gives me time to request a copy of the IME questions.
Also found out that while my issues are knee related...IME is DO specializing in foot issues!

I thought once placed on Permanent Disability, that I was done with IMEs.
How often will I have to see IMEs? Is this a once a year thing from now on?

VW1  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 6:22:11 AM(UTC)
VW1

United States

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Prior to going for the IME did you go to a second opinion (SECOP) examination? Does the letter specifically state IME or referee examination?
figtree  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 10:52:39 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
No. This appears to be a review of my disability after L TKR.

I immediately requested a copy of SOAF and questions to be answered and was told by claims examiner that there "wasn't enough time." From the date of the leter to the appt. date is 2 weeks!

My rights are being ignored!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed