Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability (Rehabilitation Act)

Post your thoughts and opinions here about disability-related news topics. Members can exchange their experiences and information so to help others navigate the different programs and services available.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hank6285  
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 07, 2019 7:27:32 PM(UTC)
Hank6285

Groups: Registered

A current Fed here, hired originally under competitive service.

I decided to apply for other positions under Schedule A since I do qualify. I applied for 5 positions over the past year. I was referred to the Selecting Official for all 5 positions. All with no interviews. I firmly believe “Being Labeled” is not a selling point to a Selecting Official. Especially with all the competition. I do realize it could take 100 referrals before one gets an interview, regardless of how they apply.

However, back to applying under standard hiring procedures. At least my current Fed Status remains the same.

Just my opinion. I know MANY on here had great success applying under Schedule A
Again, just my opinion and experience.
FrankJr  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 11, 2019 7:29:55 AM(UTC)
FrankJr

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hank6285 Go to Quoted Post
A current Fed here, hired originally under competitive service.

I decided to apply for other positions under Schedule A since I do qualify. I applied for 5 positions over the past year. I was referred to the Selecting Official for all 5 positions. All with no interviews. I firmly believe “Being Labeled” is not a selling point to a Selecting Official. Especially with all the competition. I do realize it could take 100 referrals before one gets an interview, regardless of how they apply.

However, back to applying under standard hiring procedures. At least my current Fed Status remains the same.

Just my opinion. I know MANY on here had great success applying under Schedule A
Again, just my opinion and experience.

Unclear if applying for Schedule A Disability as a career competitive service employee is of value.

To the best of my knowledge, Schedule A Disability candidates are referred as a rule.

Edited by user Monday, February 11, 2019 7:35:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed