Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Al329  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 15, 2019 4:05:09 AM(UTC)
Al329

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)

For those who are or have worked for DoDEA in a non teaching position....how was it? How was the command to work for?

Tks
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 4:21:02 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 1044 time(s) in 830 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Al329 Go to Quoted Post

For those who are or have worked for DoDEA in a non teaching position....how was it? How was the command to work for?

Tks

Here is a start:

https://bestplacestowork.org/rankings/overall/sub
#357 (of 415) Department of Defense Education Activity, Department of Defense

Not specific to non-teaching positions, but I can't imagine teachers are treated dramatically worse than the non-teaching staff in DODEA.
You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
thanks 1 user thanked frankgonzalez for this useful post.
Al329 on 2/19/2019(UTC)
HRO11  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 10:01:29 AM(UTC)
HRO11

Man
United States

Worked in DoDEA for ten years both in the field and a HQ. Without question the best ten years of my professional life.

During my tenure as a non TP employee (i.e. - noneducator);

Pros - best mission in the DoD (it's about the kids), civilian activity with no military chain of command or regulations to wade through, director was an SES-II who reported to the USD/CPP, highly efficient organizational structure, technology enhanced (specifically engineered systems streamlined processes for applications, allowances, travel orders, etc.), very transparent organization (enhanced by DoDEA's position with OSD), highly efficient organizational model (small divisions staffed by competent professionals), excellent esprit-de-corps, generous outlook toward human capital (awards, bonuses, any leeway in regulation went to the benefit of the employee).

Cons - of the union by the union for the union (most administrators and professional employees in decision making positions had been long term union members and or officials for 15 to 30 years and still were for all intents/purposes, educators can be notoriously difficult to deal with(being the only adult in the classroom for 10 to 30 years affects the way you communicate with others), poor vetting of leadership position candidates led to both the removal of a director and a horrible supervisor which resulted in four of the six employees in my division leaving DoDEA within six months.

Overall - the pros outweigh the cons by a huge margin and any organization can be besieged by tyrannical and/or unethical managers on occasion. If you are lucky enough to work for DoDEA please enjoy it and thank you from the kids!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed