Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Retirees

For those approaching retirement as well as the currently already retired, here is a forum to share ideas and thoughts and exchange questions and answers.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

To maximize your retirement, we also suggest you read "Retired Federal Employees Almanac".

(Reminder: soliciting of services is not allowed on this site.)

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Drawde  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2019 9:23:42 AM(UTC)
Drawde

Groups: Registered
United States

I retired in 2009 from the Us postal svc.I had successful knee replacement surgery in 2018 approved by the DOL. After reaching my MMI ,I submitted my impairment rating along with my portion(employee portion) of a CA-7,& checked the Schedule Award box only to have it returned because of no information on the Employing Agency Portion. I am no longer EMPLOYED why is this scetion neccessary for them to accept my schedule Award claim?
diannedawn  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 7:34:00 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I think your CE is just being a jerk. I have filed for a schedule award (I am also retired) without the Employing Agency portion and they have accepted it. But these are the games OWCP likes to play. Just send it again... this time send it to the Injury Compensation Office of your District. When you were still employed, you must have sent your CA-7s there, right?
If you do not know, or can not find the address online, make your local PO give it to you.
Good luck!
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Drawde on 2/27/2019(UTC)
Drawde  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 27, 2019 10:04:28 AM(UTC)
Drawde

United States

Originally Posted by: diannedawn Go to Quoted Post
I think your CE is just being a jerk. I have filed for a schedule award (I am also retired) without the Employing Agency portion and they have accepted it. But these are the games OWCP likes to play. Just send it again... this time send it to the Injury Compensation Office of your District. When you were still employed, you must have sent your CA-7s there, right?
If you do not know, or can not find the address online, make your local PO give it to you.
Good luck!
I`m in Dallas Texas are you also??

diannedawn  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 28, 2019 1:55:26 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am in Minnesota...
I have the Chicago District for OWCP.
(some real gems there!)
Fighting with them right now for a schedule award I filed for last April.
Yes I sent it directly to OWCP...I filed two, one for each knee, one was paid last August. The other has been drug out forever and now denied as of February 6th.
I am under the Northland Disrict Injury Compensation Office for the USPS...
I do not have to deal with Northland anymore because I retired, but before I did, it was one hassle after another.
I was injured the second time back in the NRP days and the Postal Service lied like rugs.
I ended up retiring because they were sending me home NWA anyways and then lying to try and not pay OWCP either.

I think the reason they want you to send the form to the USPS, is because the USPS has to fill in the info about your pay rate (when you were working). In my file, after I sent the CA-7 for a schedule award to OWCP, they sent it to USPS and that info was filled out. I know this because I get my file from OWCP about once a year (you need to request it in writing).
Your CE is just being a jerk. They could’ve just sent it on to the USPS for the info, but they know it will drag things out longer if they send it back to you and tell you to send it to the USPS.

This is their MO...
Delay delay delay
Deny deny deny.
Good luck!
:)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed