Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Office of Personnel Management

OPM is responsible for several broad categories such as employee recruitment and retention and oversees the overall federal workforce including managing, job announcement postings at USAJOBS.gov and setting governmentwide policies on hiring procedures.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
CJ6125  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 2:31:13 PM(UTC)
CJ6125

Groups: Registered
United States

So I resigned from the IRS in 2010, I was a GS8 Step 5. I recently went back to work this time at The VA and they are giving me the vacation and sick accrual for some one with five years in but they put me at a GS 5 Step 5. Before I call anyone about this I wanted to ask you all if you know what grade I should be at when I rejoined.
S D Analyst  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 4:08:27 PM(UTC)
S D Analyst

Was thanked: 397 time(s) in 339 post(s)
You were eligible for the same grade/step as when you left. I don't know why you would accept a lower grade, unless it was just to get back in. You could have negotiated your pay before coming back, like asking for a 5 Step 10 and citing your previous grade/step (assuming this is in the same field). That being said, once you have 90 days in, you can always apply for GS 8 or 9 jobs again, based on your previous GS-8.
Robert20170  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 8:59:01 AM(UTC)
Robert20170

United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Well, in large part, it depends on the job. Are you doing the same thing you were before? If not, then it depends on your skill, education, and experience in the new job. If so, then you should have negotiated for the same grade/step.
frankgonzalez  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, March 13, 2019 9:05:50 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Was thanked: 912 time(s) in 720 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CJ6125 Go to Quoted Post
So I resigned from the IRS in 2010, I was a GS8 Step 5. I recently went back to work this time at The VA and they are giving me the vacation and sick accrual for some one with five years in but they put me at a GS 5 Step 5. Before I call anyone about this I wanted to ask you all if you know what grade I should be at when I rejoined.
What grade was the job you applied to? That will answer the grade question.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed