Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
someoldguy  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 4:03:25 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 861 time(s) in 716 post(s)
So I am a new fed... barely a year on the job. I just checked my online Social Security account and my 2018 earnings have not been reported to the Soc Sec Administration.

How long does this usually take? They certainly have been deducting from my paycheck... and I got my W-2 on time.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I originally posted this in another forum, but somebody suggested trying this forum instead.
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
GoHuskers  
#2 Posted : Monday, February 25, 2019 5:05:08 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 116 time(s) in 91 post(s)
Consider the amount of individual employers there are in the USA. Every one of those employers has to file wage reports for all of their employees with both SSA and the IRS. The reports are required to be filed by the end of January, but it is going to take time for all of them to get processed by the receiving agencies. I wouldn't worry at this time. If you don't see your wages on the SSA account by, say, the end of April, then I'd worry.

Edited by user Monday, February 25, 2019 7:10:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: typo

someoldguy  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 1:58:55 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: GoHuskers Go to Quoted Post
Consider the amount of individual employers there are in the USA. Every one of those employers has to file wage reports for all of their employees with both SSA and the IRS.
True, but we're not talking about people filling out forms and mailing paperwork... this is all done by computer now. And I'm talking about my earnings from one part of the federal government being reported to another... Wait... I think I may have found the problem :)

Actually I saw a discussion where somebody had a similar question and the earnings showed up mid-March, so your April timeframe may be a good guess. It is a little concerning when the official info from SSA talks about two years!
Polar Bear  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:18:58 PM(UTC)
Polar Bear

United States

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Originally Posted by: someoldguy Go to Quoted Post
So I am a new fed... barely a year on the job. I just checked my online Social Security account and my 2018 earnings have not been reported to the Soc Sec Administration.

How long does this usually take? They certainly have been deducting from my paycheck... and I got my W-2 on time.

Anyone else have a similar experience?

I originally posted this in another forum, but somebody suggested trying this forum instead.

I work for SSA, mine got reported already. Dunno what to tell you, it's an automated system. That is of course, unless you're trying to collect benefits and have been awarded something on your record or another's record already. If you got your w2s then the information has been reported. Also please note, unless you're really close to retirement, the estimate they give on the MY SSA page can be rather off. (Disclaimer, I'm not speaking on behalf of the Agency or the US Government in any way.)

That said, if you have a question. 1 (800) 772-1213 or heading in to your local field office will produce the best results.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:23:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Polar Bear for this useful post.
someoldguy on 2/26/2019(UTC)
someoldguy  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:55:10 PM(UTC)
someoldguy

Originally Posted by: Polar Bear Go to Quoted Post
That said, if you have a question. 1 (800) 772-1213 or heading in to your local field office will produce the best results.
Thanks... as I noted above, their web page says it can take up to two years (!) for earnings to show up; I suspect that's what they might tell me if I did call.

I am not sure I ever looked this soon before. Not ready to retire just yet but as "someoldguy" that date is coming sooner than I'd like to admit and so I am tracking these things more closely. But even us terribly handsome and young-looking old guys have to hang it up some time.

Edited by user Tuesday, February 26, 2019 4:56:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked someoldguy for this useful post.
Fedgrrl on 3/14/2019(UTC)
someoldguy  
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 16, 2019 5:18:24 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

UPDATE: Just checked today (16 March) and my 2018 earnings from my federal job have been posted.

Rss Feed  Atom Feed