Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ThreeJay  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 8:37:58 AM(UTC)
ThreeJay

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Here lately I’ve noticed 2 of my customers on my route, Routinely getting packages from same sender. I didn’t think much of it at time until today I got a whiff of the package and have no doubt it’s weed. Told my supervisor, he said deliver it but write down tracking number, which there wasn’t one. It just had 8 one dollar stamps on box. He said he let postal inspectors know? Seems like it be better to hold package so they could investigate instead of delivering.

Anyone else experience this? What did you do?
Seadogg  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 9:10:25 AM(UTC)
Seadogg

Was thanked: 532 time(s) in 354 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ThreeJay Go to Quoted Post
Here lately I’ve noticed 2 of my customers on my route, Routinely getting packages from same sender. I didn’t think much of it at time until today I got a whiff of the package and have no doubt it’s weed. Told my supervisor, he said deliver it but write down tracking number, which there wasn’t one. It just had 8 one dollar stamps on box. He said he let postal inspectors know? Seems like it be better to hold package so they could investigate instead of delivering.

I gave it to my supervisor, who oddly enough was starting the following week as a postal inspector. Not sure what happened to it, but my colleagues teased me afterward for being a party pooper.
PSEtoPTF  
#3 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 10:48:17 AM(UTC)
PSEtoPTF

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yes, and one postal inspector himself told us that they don’t go into deep with them packages, because they have a bigger fish to catch.
He said what they do, take that package, send out the letter to both parties and if no one claims it in 30 days-they destroy it.
So yeah, people have been delivering packages with the weed in my office because management will say so.
roger.d  
#4 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 11:06:28 AM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 548 post(s)
Do you have a local/regional drug task force?

An anonymous tip of suspected drug activities could be made.
Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
Mc777  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 1:46:06 PM(UTC)
Mc777

United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Yeah, I had a girl on my route getting drugs in the mail, she told me herself that she was. Lol following the day I ended up calling the inspectors and they said they already had lead on the address and told me to hold the package and have the girl come down the post office to pick it up. She ended snitching on her dealer so they didn’t do anything to her, but I had have police following me for a couple weeks on that street because she accused me of trying to get her taken away form her baby girl lol. One time I ran into the on the street and she accused me of calling the n word and was screaming at the top of her lungs. “ mail mans calling me Nnnnnn “ over and over. I had call my supervisor and stop delivering of the street for a while. Next time someone tells me they have drugs coming the mail ... I’m just gonna pretend I never heard anything.
postalvet  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 2:10:45 PM(UTC)
postalvet

Was thanked: 2830 time(s) in 2229 post(s)

maybe the inspectors already know.
Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
donaldworrell  
#7 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 5:03:04 PM(UTC)
donaldworrell

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 43 post(s)
Letter Carrier's are better off not getting involved with stuff like this. Just deliver the mail and don't worry about it. Postal Inspectors know when weed us going through the mail system. One morning I was all loaded and my supervisor told me to take a 30 minute break in the office. I did not find it out from my supervisor why. After the 30 minutes he had me pull of a swing to get me back in eight. On my third swing my patrons told me all about the excitement that I missed, while I sat in the break room. Postal Inspectors where out on my route delivering weed. They held me in the office so I would not come walking down the street in the middle of it.
midmopse  
#8 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 5:12:17 PM(UTC)
midmopse

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
...write down tracking number, which there wasn’t one. It just had 8 one dollar stamps on box...

Sounds like anonymous mail to me.
roger.d  
#9 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 5:33:18 PM(UTC)
roger.d

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 548 post(s)
Originally Posted by: midmopse Go to Quoted Post
...write down tracking number, which there wasn’t one. It just had 8 one dollar stamps on box...

Sounds like anonymous mail to me.

Bingo.

It should have never left the originating distribution center.
Learn to discipline yourself, so someone else doesn't have to
Hsukii  
#10 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 6:26:46 PM(UTC)
Hsukii

Man
United States

Was thanked: 93 time(s) in 56 post(s)
None of my business what my customers are sending or receiving in the mail. My job is to deliver it if it has proper postage.
Did get asked to notify my stupidvisor when I delivered a "specific" parcel one time though. Found out later the PI's were tracking it and busted the recipient.
gimmea3996  
#11 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 7:21:08 PM(UTC)
gimmea3996

United States

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 50 post(s)
Fish Smith  
#12 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 9:40:44 PM(UTC)
Fish Smith

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hsukii Go to Quoted Post
None of my business what my customers are sending or receiving in the mail. My job is to deliver it if it has proper postage.
Did get asked to notify my stupidvisor when I delivered a "specific" parcel one time though. Found out later the PI's were tracking it and busted the recipient.

Exactly how I feel. Those are paying customers. They contribute to my salary. Its just weed. That's their business. It could be medical. I was told to report hazardous materials. Weed isn't hazardous. And though I may think I smell it through the package, I don't know %100 for certain what it is. Could be someones funky laundry.
Hannah Blector  
#13 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 10:18:30 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 1164 time(s) in 781 post(s)
You could do what a clerk in my office reported another clerk did. He stole a brick of weed from the mail, saying to the other clerk that it is not like anyone was going to report it missing.

I don't like to post links, but there were news stories a couple years ago about the managers/clerks at the Tulsa plant stealing the weed out of the mail.

The clerk in our office has a charmed career and has been protected by a few supervisors to keep his job. Figures he would steal the brick that the inspectors were not tracking.
Fish Smith  
#14 Posted : Friday, March 08, 2019 11:33:26 PM(UTC)
Fish Smith

United States

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Ha Just that quick I had a package with weed in it about 20 minutes ago. I could smell it in the bmc. It was ripped open and is all store packaged mary jane. I sent it to rover and I'm sure they're just going to tape the package up and send it back to me to throw off. This is why I mind my business. Yea. Lots of weed comes through the mail. This is not out of the ordinary.
WorkingTitle3484  
#15 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 1:44:14 AM(UTC)
WorkingTitle3484

United States

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 63 post(s)
Ignorance is bliss in the PO. Our job is to deliver safely as long as there's correct postage. Please consider the consequences of not delivering, like an inevitable confrontation with customers, less safety because you snktched, etc.
Quote:
Punch in, do the work, punch out, go home. In other words, get paid. Anything else is silly BS.
PSEtoPTF  
#16 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 10:04:57 AM(UTC)
PSEtoPTF

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Fish Smith Go to Quoted Post

It could be medical.

That’s what I thought, but no. If it comes from one state to another- it’s not “medical”. If your doctor suggested to smoke weed because of your health issues, you have to go and get it from the local dispensary.
But, whatever, I no longer worry about it.
Hannah Blector  
#17 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 10:06:53 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Originally Posted by: PSEtoPTF Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Fish Smith Go to Quoted Post

It could be medical.

That’s what I thought, but no. If it comes from one state to another- it’s not “medical”. If your doctor suggested to smoke weed because of your health issues, you have to go and get it from the local dispensary.
But, whatever, I no longer worry about it.

Could you share with us what helps you be so mellow? :)
Hannah Blector  
#18 Posted : Saturday, March 09, 2019 10:08:38 AM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Originally Posted by: PSEtoPTF Go to Quoted Post
Yes, and one postal inspector himself told us that they don’t go into deep with them packages, because they have a bigger fish to catch.
He said what they do, take that package, send out the letter to both parties and if no one claims it in 30 days-they destroy it.
So yeah, people have been delivering packages with the weed in my office because management will say so.

"if no one claims it in 30 days-they destroy it."

:)
pse_frustrated  
#19 Posted : Monday, March 11, 2019 1:09:34 PM(UTC)
pse_frustrated

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
With all of the smells of the parcels mixing together, I can't tell what is what. Perfumes, detergent, candy, etc. Half the time, parcels smell like urine to me. I just sort the parcels and don't worry about what is inside.
122intheshade  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, March 12, 2019 3:31:16 AM(UTC)
122intheshade

Pitcairn
Location: Bankin' off of the northeast wind, sailin' on a summer breeze

Was thanked: 551 time(s) in 441 post(s)
Nothing is worse that people who send fish in dry ice. Not the businesses - they know how to do it. The worst thing is coming to work in the morning, and you can already get a whiff of the melting ice/fish. Then the clue of the water-stained box in a tub. You just hope it's not going in YOUR vehicle.

In fact, that would be the perfect cover-up for shipping pot. Wrap the pot 10 times as usual in plastic, then put fish and dry ice in after. No one is going to open that box.
We decide which is right; and which is an illusion. I've got blisters on me fingers!
Rss Feed  Atom Feed