Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Social Security Administration

The Social Security Administration (SSA) is an independent agency of the United States federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivors' benefits. To qualify for these benefits, most American workers pay Social Security taxes on their earnings; future benefits are based on the employees' contributions. (Source: Wikipedia)

Perhaps you are working for the SSA or interested in working for the SSA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the SSA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gardenia  
#1 Posted : Friday, March 29, 2019 5:48:21 PM(UTC)
gardenia

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Can anyone tell me some general information about the work environment for SSA customer service. Currently IRS customer service and the work atmosphere micromanagement and work environment is toxic. Constantly changing the job too. Finally get it down and they completely change what we answer.
ManagerialMan  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 8:08:36 AM(UTC)
ManagerialMan

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Originally Posted by: gardenia Go to Quoted Post
Can anyone tell me some general information about the work environment for SSA customer service. Currently IRS customer service and the work atmosphere micromanagement and work environment is toxic. Constantly changing the job too. Finally get it down and they completely change what we answer.

In what state??????????????
LexusFan  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 10:01:20 AM(UTC)
LexusFan

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I had a great phone interview with the Regional Manager, for the GS5 customer service position.

What kept me from even going to the in person interview was how low the pay was, for my major metropolitan area. The spiel that it's lifetime, benefits, etc. based on how hardass I've heard they can be, led me to decline and keep waiting.

I got lucky, and received an FO to be an IRS Revenue Officer.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed