Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pse_frustrated  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 7:17:26 AM(UTC)
pse_frustrated

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
So I hurt my back (USPS). I have called every doctor and chiropractor they have listed on the OWCP web site in my area and none actually take the federal worker's comp. Everyone actually hangs up on me after I ask and they say no.

I filed a claim, not because I want to be found disabled or miss a bunch of work or anything like that. I want to go to a real doctor that won't just throw pills at me. I can't take them when I am working and if I don't take them, my back swells and becomes stiff and painful after a few hours. I only did it because my primary care doctor refused to see me because I said the injury happened at work. I have been to the ER and they gave me prescriptions. I need physical therapy or a chiropractor or something that will help me long-term.

What to do?
Rivkah  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:29:57 PM(UTC)
Rivkah

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Go to
theowcpclassroom.blogspot.com

There is a list of drs around the country that take owcp and lots of helpful information.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed