Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Security Clearance

A security clearance is a status granted to individuals allowing them access to classified information. Those trying to get a clearance may have questions such as how does one go about attaining a clearance? And, what are the different levels? As well as other questions. This area will allow those that have clearances offer advice and suggestions to those inquiring about clearances or upgrading their clearances.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ask not  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2019 12:54:13 PM(UTC)
ask not

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The forms only ask things in the last seven years, but the investigator asked me to provide information beyond seven years.

I wonder if it is the same for everyone else?
BackGdInvestigator  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 1:47:18 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 92 time(s) in 80 post(s)
Yes. You should have filled out a supplemental questionnaire that asks questions that extend past seven years to Ever.

This is normal.
*DISCLAIMER*Correctly filling out your security forms will not guarantee you a clearance in 3 months BUT be sloppy and your case will be in the field a heck of a lot longer, guaranteed.
liaisonguy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 6:11:00 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
At my last periodic review the investigator asked me for the name and city of my high school. I was 45 years old when he asked this. The SF-86 has had my two college degrees from the beginning and was verified in a previous investigation.

The SF-86 states
"List all schools you have attended, beginning with the most recent (#1) working back 7 years (if a SSBI go back 10 years). List college or university degrees and the dates the were received. If your most recent degree or diploma was received more than 7 years ago (10 years doe an SSBI), list it below no matter when it was received."

I chuckle that some investigator in a far away city probably had to go to my high school to verify my diploma from 1989. It was likely on microfiche because that's how old I am.
someoldguy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2019 8:48:09 AM(UTC)
someoldguy

Was thanked: 906 time(s) in 759 post(s)
I see a lot of people saying that the reason investigations take so long is people don't fill out the forms correctly. But then I read stories like this and I see that there is clearly more to the story. There's no reason this person should have had to list high school, as shown by the instructions cited by liaisonguy.

And what is this "supplemental questionnaire?" I've been undergoing these investigations literally for decades, and I've had my share of "issues" (ahem) and I've never heard of a 'supplemental questionnaire.'
DISCLAIMER: You read it on an open internet forum :)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed