Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability Retirement

The federal government allows employees who are unable to work to retire under a disability retirement. It is in the best interest of both employees and the federal government for employees to remain gainfully employed in their current grade or pay level, as long as they can provide useful and efficient service without endangering themselves, others or government property.
Disability retirement should be the very last option and should be used only when attempts have been made to preserve an individual's employment, and those attempts have failed.

Order our Disability Retirement guide to educate yourself on the rules and regulations concerning disability retirement for federal employees.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chapie1968  
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 8:20:14 AM(UTC)
chapie1968

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Was approved by SSDI in January.

I got my approval from OPM today!
USPS Emplyoee.

Been out of work for 27 months.

They asked for a letter of my SS benefits. How long before I can expect my first check and back pay, and how much back pay(percentage)?
How long before I can get my Health Benefits reinstated?

I know nothing is specific, just ballpark.
Calicocat  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 5:17:31 PM(UTC)
Calicocat

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Congratulations!

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing. I was approved 1/4/19 and have gotten zip, nada from OPM in regards to payment. I’ve been out of work for 26 months.

Hope your experience is better than mine.
chapie1968  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 7:11:14 AM(UTC)
chapie1968

United States

Originally Posted by: Calicocat Go to Quoted Post
Congratulations!

Unfortunately there is no way of knowing. I was approved 1/4/19 and have gotten zip, nada from OPM in regards to payment. I’ve been out of work for 26 months.

Hope your experience is better than mine.

Oh Lord, so sorry to hear that. I have been out 27 months as well, but fortunately I was approved for SSDI and those payments started in February.
Frogger  
#4 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 2:49:48 PM(UTC)
Frogger

United States

Was thanked: 135 time(s) in 106 post(s)
There is no way to know how long it will take.
discoredhd  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 9:41:25 AM(UTC)
discoredhd

United States

Just keep your records and keep asking......Mine took about 2 years but if you keep your files and keep track of it, it will all work out in the end. Congrats and I'm sorry!!! I know it sucks.

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2019 9:42:50 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Chrispacwv65  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 12:42:03 PM(UTC)
Chrispacwv65

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Congrats! I was approved on April 4th 2019. I received a deposit of 2 months back pay on 4/12. I was then started on interim payments with the first check on 5/1 at about 65% of what I was due. The people at OPM told me that it should be finalized within 2-3 months.OPM told me the 2 months back pay was to get me some money to live off of until it was finalized. Once again good luck and I would love to find out what your time line turns out to be.
GSBS  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 4:23:22 PM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 280 time(s) in 242 post(s)
Originally Posted by: chapie1968 Go to Quoted Post

How long before I can get my Health Benefits reinstated?
Good chance the OPM has no idea your FEHB is not active and will bill you regardless. You must call the Call Center and try to get the name of the person working on your Finalization. Chances are from what you posted they haven't even looked at it yet, from there it could take six months to a year or two to be Finalized.

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2019 6:31:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: .

Chrispacwv65  
#8 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 5:01:12 PM(UTC)
Chrispacwv65

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
GSBS...lets get something straight. I really don't care what your opinion is about these matters. I have been following this subject for over a year and the one thing that comes to mind when you comment on a specific subject is the old saying..."always wrong, never in doubt". I spoke of my experience, not yours. So, while others may give a crap about your passive aggressive bull*****, I don't. As far as your comments on my typos for the year on my timeline, I will be sure to avoid those in the future so as we don't give pricks like you a reason to comment. Have a great day.
thanks 1 user thanked Chrispacwv65 for this useful post.
GO4IT! on 5/14/2019(UTC)
GSBS  
#9 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 6:20:26 PM(UTC)
GSBS

Originally Posted by: GSBS Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Chrispacwv65 Go to Quoted Post
GSBS...lets get something straight. I really don't care what your opinion is about these matters. I have been following this subject for over a year and the one thing that comes to mind when you comment on a specific subject is the old saying..."always wrong, never in doubt". I spoke of my experience, not yours. So, while others may give a crap about your passive aggressive bull*****, I don't. As far as your comments on my typos for the year on my timeline, I will be sure to avoid those in the future so as we don't give pricks like you a reason to comment. Have a great day.

Your OPM D.R. experience sounded wonderful and is unlike any other posted here, that is until I read your other post which lists timeline dates from the Future. Perhaps you can understand the mumbo jumbo you post, I couldn't. In no way does this help the O/P who has NO Health benefits. If you are getting your sum total of knowledge from the OPM Services Online Phone Operators I suggest you should read up more on the subject. Good luck to ya!

SEPAfed  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:01:04 AM(UTC)
SEPAfed

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Congrats on the approval.

The interval between my last day and first retirement pay was less than a month. I don't know if that info is much use in comparison to your situation, because you were separated for a much longer time before approval.

gembarok  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 9:57:48 AM(UTC)
gembarok

Man
United States

Was thanked: 136 time(s) in 121 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Chrispacwv65 Go to Quoted Post

Your OPM D.R. experience sounded wonderful and is unlike any other posted here, that is until I read your other post which lists timeline dates from the Future. Perhaps you can understand the mumbo jumbo you post, I couldn't. In no way does this help the O/P who has NO Health benefits. If you are getting your sum total of knowledge from the OPM Services Online Phone Operators I suggest you should read up more on the subject. Good luck to ya!

Greetings,

Did I miss a post somewhere GSBS? You making friends again? I was also confused by the timeline in that post. 7 months processing time... maybe? From application to first interim? That would be phenomenal.

S/
K
GSBS  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:45:19 AM(UTC)
GSBS

Originally Posted by: gembarok Go to Quoted Post

Greetings,

Did I miss a post somewhere GSBS? You making friends again? I was also confused by the timeline in that post. 7 months processing time... maybe? From application to first interim? That would be phenomenal.

S/
K
Yes, an OPM D.R. applicant from the future it seems? Chris appears to have problems clearly expressing herself yet called me a name~

gembarok  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:22:34 PM(UTC)
gembarok

Man
United States

Yes, an OPM D.R. applicant from the future it seems? Chris appears to have problems clearly expressing herself yet called me a name~

LMFAO... Looks more to be from your past then the future...

"1 user thanked Chrispacwv65 for this useful post. GO4IT! on 5/14/2019"

Fire up the DeLorean Marty McFly!!

S/
K
thanks 1 user thanked gembarok for this useful post.
GSBS on 5/14/2019(UTC)
GO4IT!  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:02:14 AM(UTC)
GO4IT!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
Damn straight!

Gembarok and GSBS will no longer be allowed to bully and mob others on this forum!!’
GO4IT!  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 10:24:37 AM(UTC)
GO4IT!

United States

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 13 post(s)
GSBS,

Here you go again engaging in highly UNETHICAL conduct by posting what you believe is my real name for all the General Public to see. HOW DARE YOU, YOU FREAKING BULLY!!!
I have one account on this forum, and that is all I have ever had, and two usernames, which changed through no fault of mine. The bottom line is this makes absolutely no difference to the conversation at hand. and there is no relevance whauin you bringing it up. Your conduct in this regard shows you are nothing but a bully, and an adult bully, at that, not a Toddler on the playground,

Gemborak brought himself into the conversation by supporting your bullying in a previous thread. What he did not see when he stated, “I am not seeing it . . .,” (your outrageous bullying remarks displayed for the General Public to see,) is because he apparently did not see the nasty, myriad assertions you made about me because they were removed after being posted for a to see for several hours.

It’s one thing for the two of you to help others on this forum. What’s not okay is for you to run and control the forum as though it is a special group, and only you get to pick and choose who gets to participate and belong. Quite simply, what you’re doing in this regard is not acceptable and will continue to be called out by those who do not suck up to your every remark. Oh, Gemborak, commenting on this Board is not a spelling contest, especially about your silly username. I suggest both of you get a life beyond this Forum/Board.
gembarok  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 12:48:59 PM(UTC)
gembarok

Man
United States

So... I must be Bruce Willis... you are older GSBS and that makes you Samuel L Jackson... which leaves somebody to be James McAvoy. I always said that the part should have been a woman.

It's GEMBAROK... G-E-M-B-A-R-O-K... It's 8 characters long... GEM-BAR-OK if you're "hooked on phonics" to learn. It's not a matter of spellchecking. It's my username. I don't have enough red pens to highlight all the errors in your messages for spelling and grammar, so I figured if I can get her to get ONE thing right, the world will be OK.

Just shameful for a lawyer.

S/
K
GSBS  
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:00:15 AM(UTC)
GSBS

Originally Posted by: GO4IT! Go to Quoted Post
Damn straight!

Gembarok and GSBS will no longer be allowed to bully and mob others on this forum!!
My situation is a sad set of circumstances. I am age 54. To add insult to injury, a gang of coworkers has harassed me for years. It began when I filed for divorce 20+ years ago, and my ex was able to charm and entice this gang to stalk and harass me by proxy. Some members of this gang whom I helped to hire and train are now in positions of power over me and are still connected to my ex who does not live here. Add to that criminal conduct due to a history of domestic violence entering the workplace. Simultaneously, my office and home computers were hacked. Work product, including favorable benefit decisions on people’s cases deleted, and all my work sabotaged and deleted. Illegal charges were made to credit card information obtained from the hacking. I was the target of stalkers. My house broken into several times. The electricity suddenly cut off by a perp on a cold December night. All of this happened simultaneously. I had to consult criminal lawyers. There were Federal, State, and local police investigators. Medical records were illegally obtained. I incurred property damage. The fact I am being subjected to such abusive behavior for simply trying to be helpful, shows why GSBS’ bullying behavior, and your undertaking to defend it, has a CHILLING EFFECT on anyone trying to post here. It's the craziest story - but its true.

Edited by user Thursday, May 16, 2019 12:17:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: '

Rss Feed  Atom Feed