Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Department of Justice

Voted one of the “Best Places to Work in the Federal Government‚ in 2010, the Department of Justice and its 124,870 employees help lead the nation in ensuring the protection of all Americans while preserving their constitutional freedoms. 
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Odigo2019  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 9:27:53 AM(UTC)
Odigo2019

Groups: Registered

Hello,

So I just received a tentative offer for the DEA for a non agent administration position. I'm currently a DOJ employee for a different agency. Prior to my DEA offer I applied and was referred for another position with my current institution. My question is if offered the one at my current facility should I accept that while waiting for the DEA process?

I would hate to turn down one opportunity, assuming the other doesn't pan out. I definitely plan on continuing with the DEA position. The conditional offer is pending security clearance (top secret, I currently hold public trust), and allocation of funds. I wasn't sure if I accepted one offer it would affect the other. I assume the DEA process will take some time.
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 11:39:05 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 961 time(s) in 763 post(s)
Basic rule of engagement with applying for federal positions. Accept all offers you are willing to accept and do the job. You never know what will happen in the future. A tentative offer is just that. It can be rescinded for many reasons (funding, taking too long to get a clearance, fail to get a clearance, etc) so the job that has you sitting in the seat today is better than the one which may have you one day sit in the seat...but you don't give up on that one until they say no.
You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed