Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

VA (Department of Veterans Affairs)

The United States has the most comprehensive system of assistance for veterans of any nation in the world. This benefits system traces its roots back to 1636, when the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony were at war with the Pequot Indians. The Pilgrims passed a law which stated that disabled soldiers would be supported by the colony. The establishment of the Veterans Administration came in 1930 when Congress authorized the President to "consolidate and coordinate Government activities affecting war veterans."

This forum also includes the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).

Perhaps you are working for the VA or interested in working for the VA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the VA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#thatGSlife  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2019 11:51:10 AM(UTC)
#thatGSlife

Groups: Registered
United States

I received a phone call last Tuesday from the VA HR concerning the job I applied for asking if I still wanted the job. Of course I said yes. We discussed pay, she asked for my HR information and then congratulated me on getting the job. It's been a week and I still haven't received official paperwork. Should I be concerned or is this normal?
Timeline:
Job closed 12 Feb
1st interview 12 Mar
2nd interview 19 Mar
HR Phonecall saying I got the job 23 Apr
debmc1958  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 3:22:23 AM(UTC)
debmc1958

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 8 post(s)

I received a similar phone call in late March. Then about a week later, I received a tentative offer and a few days later, a request to get fingerprinted. A couple of weeks after that they called to say the fingerprints never got there and were helpful getting that straightened out. Final offer came last week. I don't think there is any set time frame for any of this. Good luck. Were you fingerprinted yet?
thanks 1 user thanked debmc1958 for this useful post.
#thatGSlife on 5/3/2019(UTC)
#thatGSlife  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 3, 2019 3:50:14 AM(UTC)
#thatGSlife

United States

I have not been asked for fingerprints yet. I am in the federal system right now (DA Civilian), so I am hoping the entry paperwork would be a little less and my fingerprints wouldn't need to be done again. I still have not received anything paperwork wise since the phone call last Tuesday. I am holding out hope that the VA is just slow moving and I will eventually get my TO and final offer
IcecreamLtDan  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 8:19:52 AM(UTC)
IcecreamLtDan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I find myself in a similar situation as you. I received a phone call Friday stating that I had been selected for the position I applied for. I needed to go to a weblink I was sent to either accept, decline or request more information by today. I clicked request more information because I have not been told what step level I'm being offered, I am currenlty a DOD employee so that needs to be taken into account. At this point I haven't hear back either by email or phone. I have emailed the HR person and attempted to contact her by phone but, no luck so far. Have you heard anything further yet? I probably will accept the position but, since it stated I needed to do it by today, you'd think I'd be able to get an answer to my question.
thanks 1 user thanked IcecreamLtDan for this useful post.
#thatGSlife on 5/13/2019(UTC)
#thatGSlife  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 9:15:15 AM(UTC)
#thatGSlife

United States

I was not even sent a web link to accept/reject. I have not received any further communication from the HR office either by phone or e-mail. I am getting a little concerned. I have heard the VA is slow...but this slow? The phone call from the HR at the VA specifically stated I got the job, we talked about pay etc etc, she said Congrats, and that was it. Tomorrow will be 3 weeks since the HR Phone call.
IcecreamLtDan  
#6 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 9:21:57 AM(UTC)
IcecreamLtDan

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Wow, yea, they are definetely slow, I assume you've tried to contact them. I've sent two emails and multiple phone calls today with no luck so far myself.
#thatGSlife  
#7 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 10:20:37 AM(UTC)
#thatGSlife

United States

Yes and no. The number I have is to the hospital wide directory, and no one will connect me to HR since I am not an employee....
Rss Feed  Atom Feed