Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability Retirement

The federal government allows employees who are unable to work to retire under a disability retirement. It is in the best interest of both employees and the federal government for employees to remain gainfully employed in their current grade or pay level, as long as they can provide useful and efficient service without endangering themselves, others or government property.
Disability retirement should be the very last option and should be used only when attempts have been made to preserve an individual's employment, and those attempts have failed.

Order our Disability Retirement guide to educate yourself on the rules and regulations concerning disability retirement for federal employees.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PostalGuy66  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 11:39:42 AM(UTC)
PostalGuy66

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My apologies if this new topic is off limits

I am a Postal employee that has been hit hard the last three years with health challenges. I have been fighting like mad to try and retain my job and do my best to be the best I can in regards to my responsibilities. Unfortunately, it seems to be a losing battle and as a result I am now considering applying for Federal Disability Retirement. The sad reality is that in the three years that I have been fighting health issues I have exhausted all of my sick and annual leave as well as most of my emergency fund to live on. My question is, does anybody know of a Federal Disability Attorney that will take a case on with a down payment and then monthly or bi-weekly installments? Not even sure that an attorney like that exists. I know that attorneys like McGill are supposed to be the best but I just don't have 5k or 6k to plop down right now. You can either answer here or private message me your referral, if anybody even has one that is?
GSBS  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:04:04 PM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Harris offers 100% money back if you don't win, and Flook & Graham will take Federal cases on a contingency basis, pay only if you win. I was reading some of Robert McGill's recent blogs, he might be costly but is worth every cent!
thanks 1 user thanked GSBS for this useful post.
PostalGuy66 on 5/7/2019(UTC)
Chrispacwv65  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:53:23 AM(UTC)
Chrispacwv65

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Robert Mcgill was professional and efficient. I just was approved and placed on interim payments last month. He handles everything and walks your doctor through the process with a letter template. I don't know if he takes payments for his fee (I paid up front). I was going to try to do it myself and I probably could have got it approved without him but I didn't want to risk a denial and delay the process. Federal Disability retirement is all he does and I highly recommend him. Good luck.

Timeline:
Last day of work 1/30/19 due to surgery last day of sick leave was 7/30/19.
Contacted Mr. Mcgill in March of 2018 and tried to go back to work but was not successful.
8/10/19 : DR application submitted
9/13: signed in to Boyers
3/18: File assigned
3/22: Approved
3/28/19: 2 months worth of back payments and was told it would take another 2 months finalization.
5/1/19: interim payments started at about 65%

I called them once a month and checked on the status of my application. They were always very nice and the monthly call was recommended by them early in the process.
thanks 2 users thanked Chrispacwv65 for this useful post.
PostalGuy66 on 5/8/2019(UTC), Marie782 on 5/8/2019(UTC)
Awsfreak  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 10:01:36 AM(UTC)
Awsfreak

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Did you find one? I'm searching for one as well that works off payment in the end.
PostalGuy66  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 9:54:27 AM(UTC)
PostalGuy66

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Awsfreak Go to Quoted Post
Did you find one? I'm searching for one as well that works off payment in the end.

My apologies for the delay in responding. Was dealing with health issues and haven't been online much.

Yes, I took GSBS advice and hired Kevin Graham from Flook & Graham in Missouri. He does take payment in the end if you are approved as an option. So far Kevin and his paralegal Dana have been a pleasure to work with. Good luck!
GSBS  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 12:20:34 PM(UTC)
GSBS

Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Originally Posted by: PostalGuy66 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Awsfreak Go to Quoted Post

My apologies for the delay in responding. Was dealing with health issues and haven't been online much.

Yes, I took GSBS advice and hired Kevin Graham from Flook & Graham in Missouri. He does take payment in the end if you are approved as an option. So far Kevin and his paralegal Dana have been a pleasure to work with. Good luck!
Wow thank you for the post! I sent another member to that firm and they won the case, hope it all works out for you!

Rss Feed  Atom Feed