Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
nofacenoname  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 8:19:57 AM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Groups: Registered

I interviewed for a position and received a letter two business days later stating I wasn't selected for an internship. Odd thing was, I never applied for an internship. I tried calling but all I got was "the letter appears correct, your application is closed.". I was under the impression next steps would take 1-2+ months following the interview but do denials really come that fast? My interviewers did mention that all my stuff would be going to a panel so I can't imagine my interview feedback was put together, the panel met, a decision was made for myself and the other applicants, AND HR processed the rejection in two business days! This is the government after all. I did apply a bit before my bachelors degree was completed so is it possible I got put into an internship pipeline for some odd reason?

Here is my timeline up to that point:

Applied - Aug18
Aptitude Test - Aug18
Phone Interview - Dec18
Interview/Info - Mar18

Just want to see if anyone has any experience with the process past info/interview and how long it took for moving forward/rejection letter.
velcroTech  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 6:55:28 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
You could have been denied because your degree wasnt conferred, did you say it was? Also when I finished my interview, they told me I would receive a CJO. Do you feel that you are still actively processing even though they told you otherwise? Did you get a candidate number?
nofacenoname  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 6:15:13 AM(UTC)
nofacenoname

My degree was conferred when I interviewed and was a couple weeks away from conferral when I had my phone interview, which I told them. I gave them official transcripts that showed conferral at the interview as they requested so I don't think it's that. I know there was at least one more step after my interview before a COE per the info session I attended but the timeline they gave was 1-2+ months. However, they only said what would happen if you moved forward, not if you didn't so I don't have a timeline for a rejection. Still strange to receive a letter referencing an internship when I applied for a full time role. When I asked about why I got an intern letter the response I got was "it's an imperfect system" and when I asked about the timeline being way off the estimates provided to me at my info session they said "some parts of the process move faster/slower" so just canned responses. My interviewers did mention at the end of my interview I wouldn't be hearing from recruiters anymore in my process, just HR/Security so I took that as a good sign that they alluded to security contacting me at some point.

I honestly have no idea, I want to think I am still processing because the timeline just seems way off but I don't really know. Yeah I got a candidate number but every time I call and give them the number they just say my application is closed and don't give me anymore info. It's frustrating because even when I called the person on the phone seemed really confused with my situation but just reverted back to your application is closed.
velcroTech  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 6:35:26 AM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

It does seem like a strange situation. The only thing is if they report your application closed when you provide your candidate number, then its closed. I would apply again unless your rejection letter has a minimum time for you to reapply. Good luck.
nofacenoname  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 8:21:54 AM(UTC)
nofacenoname

That's the confusing part. The intern letter doesn't have a minimum time to apply again but to my knowledge the full time had a one year waiting period. I'm kind of in this weird predicament where I'm not sure if I was even submitted for the right thing or if I'm eligible to apply yet. Guess I could just reapply and see what happens haha.
nofacenoname  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 6:51:06 PM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Hey velcroTech, Can you clear out your PM's please? Want to send you a message.
velcroTech  
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:48:38 PM(UTC)
velcroTech

Cayman Islands

Originally Posted by: nofacenoname Go to Quoted Post
Hey velcroTech, Can you clear out your PM's please? Want to send you a message.

Cleared
Rss Feed  Atom Feed