Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Social Security Administration

The Social Security Administration (SSA) is an independent agency of the United States federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivors' benefits. To qualify for these benefits, most American workers pay Social Security taxes on their earnings; future benefits are based on the employees' contributions. (Source: Wikipedia)

Perhaps you are working for the SSA or interested in working for the SSA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the SSA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
annanyc  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 9:24:51 AM(UTC)
annanyc

Groups: Registered
United States

Could someone help with this please? I worked for the SSA very briefly- for about six months, before quitting and relocating. I had three changes of address (friend's home, AirBnb, then permanent apartment) which appeared to be too much for address forwarding to handle and I assume my W-2 got lost in the mail as a result. Should be no problem to get, except I honestly can't find the contact info. IRS will have it, but not till July (and not there yet). Googling anything to do with W-2s and SSA gets general info for people looking for benefits. And because I moved soon after leaving, I never received any of the termination/leaving emails. Not sure where to call.

If it helps, I worked at an NHC, and all HR stuff went through Baltimore. Thanks in advance for this. I really don't want to wait to file taxes this year.
annanyc  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 6:45:14 PM(UTC)
annanyc

United States

Please? Any existing SSA employee? Just PM/email me privately if you don't want to post. I just need an HR or benefits number or something. I have no contact info. When I call my local office number it diverts to the NHC line for people filing applications for SSI. I just need something internal. I've spent hours on the phone with the IRS, with the SSA general help line, sent an email to the SSA.gov line. They directed me to office of Personnel. Another hour there, but they just do retirement.

I have so much to do- including withdrawals from TSP/403b. But the urgent thing is getting my W2. Was counting on that tax return. Thanks so much in advance...
SD Analyst  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 7:45:53 PM(UTC)
SD Analyst

Was thanked: 417 time(s) in 356 post(s)
Not SSA, but have you considered going into or calling your local SSA office for help?
annanyc  
#4 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 8:00:02 PM(UTC)
annanyc

United States

Yes. I have called. Their prompts/help are set up, not for helping past employees but members of the public. The two times I've spoken with someone, they've been leery of giving me the number, I guess a little put off by the odd request and wondering if they were breaking rules telling me.
ex-military  
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 10:05:30 AM(UTC)
ex-military

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 83 post(s)
Originally Posted by: annanyc Go to Quoted Post
... And because I moved soon after leaving, I never received any of the termination/leaving emails. Not sure where to call.

Why would your moving affect you getting Email? I can understand being offline for a bit, but Email should still be there. That said, here is a contact in Baltimore. Probably not who you need, but should get you in the building.

Office of Personnel, Center for Personnel Policy and Staffing
Selective Placement Program Coordinator
6401 Security Blvd.
2650-92 Annex Building
Baltimore, MD 21235
Phone: (410) 966-5400
Rss Feed  Atom Feed