Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Medicare and Health Care

*This is a non-medical board. This site shall not be used to seek professional, medical or legal consultation.

Medicare is health insurance for people age 65 or older, under age 65 with certain disabilities, and any age person with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). There are many different parts to Medicare; with all of these options, it can be confusing.

This forum will allow members to share their experience with medicare and seek advice* on certain medicare-related situations.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Milk Tea  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 11:25:46 AM(UTC)
Milk Tea

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hello,

Does anyone happen to know which health plan offered is best if you need to do IVF?

I'm looking through the plans right now, and I know that even if some plans don't cover IVF, that sometimes certain insurance carriers have deals that reduce the cost of IVF.

I'm in southern California if that helps. Hoping to start with the gov by the end of this year.

Please feel free to PM me if you're not comfortable posting here.

Thank you!
OUtside  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2019 3:32:03 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 41 time(s) in 39 post(s)
I suggest subscribing to the Checkbook open season Guide for federal employees at this web site: https://www.checkbook.org/newhig2/hig.cfm

You can use the Guide to learn which insurance plans offer the type of coverage you are interested in, then use their hyper-links to plan brochures to read the specific coverages, which should be a fairly easy to do using brochure indexes one by one. For a specific coverage of the type you are asking about, you may then have to call the plan in order to learn the further details.

In addition, the Guide will provide cost estimates reflecting premiums and likely out of pocket costs for typical healthcare expenses, which probably wouldn't include the type of service you are asking about, but still would be of interest to you once you become employed and want to have cost-effective insurance. In addition, if the medical professionals you consult provide any guidance as to which insurance plans they work with, the cost estimates provided by Checkbook would help you make a decision among those plans.

Well worth the modest cost of a subscription.

Edited by user Thursday, May 23, 2019 6:46:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Milk Tea on 6/3/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed