Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Postal Employees

Post your thoughts and opinions here about current Postal employee topics.

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
postalvet  
#21 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 2:43:36 AM(UTC)
postalvet

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2831 time(s) in 2230 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Viv Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Hannah Blector Go to Quoted Post
I don't think there is a list of what pictures can or cannot be taken. I would recommend someone on probation not be seen taking a picture of anything.

Hannah, I followed your suggestion for not taking a picture. I really appreciate that. Last Saturday after I clocked out, I checked my schedule if I was schedule for Sunday delivery. It was NS. Sunday morning, my supervisor texted me and called me that I was schedule for that day at 8:00 am. I was surprised and texted him back that I was not schedule and I was out of town. He didn't text me back. Today, this morning, when I came to work and reported to him to find that he was upset and told me he's putting me on AWOL for not coming to work yesterday. Now, it's gonna count against my probation. I knew when I see the schedule on Saturday it was NS. Then this morning he show me on the board paper schedule that I was scheduled that day with a fresh marked pencil. Now, how can I prove it that he was lying? I can't.

you answered and admitted to a order, you disobeyed the order.

you might be out of a job.

you have to play the game for 90/120 days

Postal employee (retired) 38 yrs who helps even if some do not believe me! I was a Steward, officer & trouble maker. Just Sayin'
MPE2009  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 9:29:52 AM(UTC)
MPE2009

United States

Was thanked: 449 time(s) in 342 post(s)
I don't think there is a list of what pictures can or cannot be taken. I would recommend someone on probation not be seen taking a picture of anything.

Hannah, I followed your suggestion for not taking a picture. I really appreciate that. Last Saturday after I clocked out, I checked my schedule if I was schedule for Sunday delivery. It was NS. Sunday morning, my supervisor texted me and called me that I was schedule for that day at 8:00 am. I was surprised and texted him back that I was not schedule and I was out of town. He didn't text me back. Today, this morning, when I came to work and reported to him to find that he was upset and told me he's putting me on AWOL for not coming to work yesterday. Now, it's gonna count against my probation. I knew when I see the schedule on Saturday it was NS. Then this morning he show me on the board paper schedule that I was scheduled that day with a fresh marked pencil. Now, how can I prove it that he was lying? I can't.

First of all, you're assuming he's lying. Maybe he is. Maybe you checked it before he changed it and then maybe you left after he changed it without having checked a last time. Maybe he changed it after you looked, not realizing you'd left or were headed out the door and wouldn't check again. You're in your 90 days, so what matters is that you did not come to work when you were instructed to come in. It may be a big deal or it may be nothing, depends on a million variables. Personally I'd take the picture and as long as you're only taking pictures of the schedule, this should not be a problem. You might also want to be 100% sure you always check the schedule as you head out the door and then make sure they know you're headed out the door. Maybe even verify that you're really off and get their acknowledgement. Regardless of what 99% of the people say on this forum, most supervisors aren't out to get you. They simply want the numbers to fall their way so that they don't catch shi.. from above. Same thing you and I want. So during your 90 days make it easy for you and them, check the schedule as you leave and verify it's correct. Take a picture too, never hurts to have it. Unless you're a total f.up, belligerent, accident prone and possibly dead, they don't want to fire you or have you quit anymore than you want that to happen. Currently the post office has a dire need for help. So if you come to work as scheduled, get four good clock rings a day(except for carriers, who only hit the clock twice), play nice with others and aren't too incompetent, you can't possibly fail your 90 days.
thanks 1 user thanked MPE2009 for this useful post.
Viv on 5/21/2019(UTC)
Viv  
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:32:57 PM(UTC)
Viv

United States

Originally Posted by: MPE2009 Go to Quoted Post

First of all, you're assuming he's lying. Maybe he is. Maybe you checked it before he changed it and then maybe you left after he changed it without having checked a last time. Maybe he changed it after you looked, not realizing you'd left or were headed out the door and wouldn't check again. You're in your 90 days, so what matters is that you did not come to work when you were instructed to come in. It may be a big deal or it may be nothing, depends on a million variables. Personally I'd take the picture and as long as you're only taking pictures of the schedule, this should not be a problem. You might also want to be 100% sure you always check the schedule as you head out the door and then make sure they know you're headed out the door. Maybe even verify that you're really off and get their acknowledgement. Regardless of what 99% of the people say on this forum, most supervisors aren't out to get you. They simply want the numbers to fall their way so that they don't catch shi.. from above. Same thing you and I want. So during your 90 days make it easy for you and them, check the schedule as you leave and verify it's correct. Take a picture too, never hurts to have it. Unless you're a total f.up, belligerent, accident prone and possibly dead, they don't want to fire you or have you quit anymore than you want that to happen. Currently the post office has a dire need for help. So if you come to work as scheduled, get four good clock rings a day(except for carriers, who only hit the clock twice), play nice with others and aren't too incompetent, you can't possibly fail your 90 days.

I can't thank you enough reading your comment above. The smart move suggestion from you is that to verify the schedule with whoever the sup in charge that day after clock out. I do truly understand from Hannah's perspective view. So I want to do the right thing. But then reading your comment right after I came back from work it's just give a relief. Thank You.

Work like you don't need a money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.
Hannah Blector  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:39:02 PM(UTC)
Hannah Blector

Was thanked: 1166 time(s) in 783 post(s)
Why not ask mgmt how you can prove you checked the schedule? Ask them if you should take a picture of it on your way out the door and if that will suffice. Tell them you want to do what is right, but someone said there was a rule about taking pictures.

I would be interested in how this turns out. I forget if you said how big your office is. In my office there is always someone else around. Maybe someone could witness you checking the schedule, but checking with mgmt is always best.

You could respectfully ask when your schedule was updated and tell them when you clocked out and then checked it before leaving. Just today my supervisor was trying to figure out when a CCA would be back and I had seen him leave 15 or 20 minutes earlier. Perhaps the person who changed the schedule assumed you were still around. I agree about not answering the phone if you don't want to or cannot work. But you would still face this same discussion about when they scheduled you.

As I have stated, I am all in favor of having recordings at the USPS. But there are rules. Some suggest we break them and I know as well as most people how frustrating it is to deal with liars at the Post Office. I do it every day.
Viv  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:54:36 PM(UTC)
Viv

United States

Why not ask mgmt how you can prove you checked the schedule? Ask them if you should take a picture of it on your way out the door and if that will suffice. Tell them you want to do what is right, but someone said there was a rule about taking pictures.

I would be interested in how this turns out. I forget if you said how big your office is. In my office there is always someone else around. Maybe someone could witness you checking the schedule, but checking with mgmt is always best.

You could respectfully ask when your schedule was updated and tell them when you clocked out and then checked it before leaving. Just today my supervisor was trying to figure out when a CCA would be back and I had seen him leave 15 or 20 minutes earlier. Perhaps the person who changed the schedule assumed you were still around. I agree about not answering the phone if you don't want to or cannot work. But you would still face this same discussion about when they scheduled you.

As I have stated, I am all in favor of having recordings at the USPS. But there are rules. Some suggest we break them and I know as well as most people how frustrating it is to deal with liars at the Post Office. I do it every day.

I used to work at the small office. Now, they put me at the annex. Its a bigger office. On last Saturday when I checked my schedule before I left, my supervisor was gone home. The evening supervisor was borrowed from different office. She was the only one who worked that day.

Just today, after I clocked out I checked my schedule to make sure what time I suppose to report tomorrow. Lo and behold, the paperwork of the schedule that he show me yesterday with pencil marked that I was on schedule that Sunday and now it's erased! What's up with that? I hate when they scheduling CCA with pencil.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 21, 2019 8:57:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Work like you don't need a money, Love like you've never been hurt, and Dance like no one is watching.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed