Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hueyguy626  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 7:06:44 AM(UTC)
Hueyguy626

Groups: Registered

hello all,

from what I have gathered it is next to impossible to get a schedule award or any type of compensation for spinal related issues I have Deg. disk disease, multiple fusions from C3-C7 and L4-L5 and stenosis and spondylosis ect. my denial letter said my claim was denied because I failed to have a doctor show "casual relationship" between my issues and my work which is the fifth element of the steps required to get an approval. my issue is I do not have a primary care doctor he is a PA-C and under FECA PA-C's are not doctors. Do I need to find a compensation claim doctor or just get established with a doctor who can assess me review my records and look at my job description which is a Helicopter mechanic for 20 years and make the casual relationship as to how my spinal issues and subsequent surgeries and DDD could be casually related to my work? also I'm in North west Florida in the panhandle between Pensacola and panama city if any one has a recommendation for a Dr. because I cant seem to find any disability doctors I'm my area. I'm still working on light duty while my dis. retirement is being processed.

thanks in advance for any input!

Cheers!
DaVinci95  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2019 10:28:43 AM(UTC)
DaVinci95

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 58 post(s)
I think you mean "causal", not "casual". As in "How did working as a helicopter mechanic cause your condition?" Significantly higher threshold. Surely your PA-C didn't perform your spinal fusions. Perhaps contact that doctor.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed