Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability Retirement

The federal government allows employees who are unable to work to retire under a disability retirement. It is in the best interest of both employees and the federal government for employees to remain gainfully employed in their current grade or pay level, as long as they can provide useful and efficient service without endangering themselves, others or government property.
Disability retirement should be the very last option and should be used only when attempts have been made to preserve an individual's employment, and those attempts have failed.

Order our Disability Retirement guide to educate yourself on the rules and regulations concerning disability retirement for federal employees.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
riveraz  
#21 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 12:02:54 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I just received my denial letter. A bunch of nonsense starting with the supervisor letter, reasonable accommodation and medical records.
I also have Harris Federal and will be submitting an appeal. Guess we are dealing with the same newbie in OPM.
Frustrating to start waiting again, and someone here said 9 months waiting for the appeal? OMG, I think I will be quitting my job before that. Too much hostility at work.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Moneylady on 7/7/2019(UTC)
GreenTurtlez  
#22 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 9:32:41 AM(UTC)
GreenTurtlez

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: riveraz Go to Quoted Post
I just received my denial letter. A bunch of nonsense starting with the supervisor letter, reasonable accommodation and medical records.
I also have Harris Federal and will be submitting an appeal. Guess we are dealing with the same newbie in OPM.
Frustrating to start waiting again, and someone here said 9 months waiting for the appeal? OMG, I think I will be quitting my job before that. Too much hostility at work.

If you don't mind me asking... what issues were raised with the supervisor letter, reasonable accommodation and medical records by OPM????
Chache  
#23 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:42:01 AM(UTC)
Chache

I have also just hired harris federal after my first denial hopefully it works out had no idea i could use a lawyer
Rss Feed  Atom Feed