Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
quidjuris  
#1 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 9:35:59 AM(UTC)
quidjuris

Groups: Registered
United States

Is the agency actually hiring transgender persons under Chief Haspel, or is it hopeless to apply even though someone is qualified?
My resume is great, but I know I'm held to brutal double standards in society and work.
What are tenacity and ingenuity worth in trying to get into the agency?

Some people say a high level of determination and persistence shows strong character and bravery.
But where does risk and bravery get someone without mission? Without brotherhood?
Where does all the capital go?

Edited by user Monday, May 27, 2019 9:38:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Titular amendment

Muhdoerves  
#2 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 2:23:02 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Originally Posted by: quidjuris Go to Quoted Post

1. Is the agency actually hiring transgender persons under Chief Haspel, or is it hopeless to apply even though someone is qualified?
My resume is great, but I know I'm held to brutal double standards in society and work.

2. What are tenacity and ingenuity worth in trying to get into the agency?

Some people say a high level of determination and persistence shows strong character and bravery.
3. But where does risk and bravery get someone without mission? Without brotherhood?
Where does all the capital go?

Caveat is that the grapevine says that the CIA assesses suitability on a per-position basis. Different roles have different standards. I’ve had transgender coworkers get roles in intelligence, so your mileage may vary.

1. Ask HR. It will probably need to be FOIA’d, but they probably have some sort of internal survey about this.

2. Not much. They care about you fitting their criteria. Does your resume look good? Do you have advanced degrees? Things like that.
You might get caught in suitability if they determine that you have an axis II or cluster B issue, though. Aside from that, again, depends on your role.

3. They have many other applicants clamoring to apply, if you don’t fit the mold that they want you to fit in, there are 20 other people behind you in line.

Sorry if it sounds harsh, but government employment hiring is very much about “staying inside the lines”.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed