Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2019 5:20:31 PM(UTC)

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/1/2015(UTC)
Posts: 2
United States


I started a new job and the tour of duty was prior to 6 a.m. The official hours were stated in the job announcement. For a long while, I was not paid night differential pay for hours before 6 a.m. When the timekeeper tried to change the work schedule in the time keeping system, for the dates I was not paid correctly, she was unable to do so. She was only able to change it going forward.

This adds up to a significant amount of money plus the interest in retro pay.

Not sure how to go about getting reimbursed or where to begin. This was the employers error from the beginning. I thought I should be paid night diff for hours prior to 6 a.m., but trusted them as the experts and talked myself out of being entitled to it so I did not make an issue out of it.

Thanks for reading and advice
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2019 8:13:42 AM(UTC)

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/26/2013(UTC)
Posts: 555

Thanks: 30 times
Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 49 post(s)
HR supervisor.... that is where I'd start. I'd also loop my supervisor in to ensure there are no issues there. Could be the supervisor does not know the rules and is simply following "it has always been like this" or "I'm too busy to research this".

I would more than likely drop as wanting to help management and understand the rules for potential further advancement or whatever (aka turn into a positive so management does not look inept, even if they are or seem to be).
SD Analyst  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2019 3:31:21 PM(UTC)
SD Analyst

Rank: Senior Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/8/2013(UTC)
Posts: 2,235

Thanks: 1992 times
Was thanked: 414 time(s) in 353 post(s)
Payroll Supervisor/Comptroller's Office are who will need to make the correction. Maybe the Timekeeper's Supervisor? HR will just refer you back to Payroll. They need to do a "Prior Pay Period Correction." Don't let it drop, trying to "be nice." This is money out of your pocket that they owe you.

Edited by user Monday, June 03, 2019 3:32:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rss Feed  Atom Feed
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

This page was generated in 0.386 seconds.