Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Office of Personnel Management

OPM is responsible for several broad categories such as employee recruitment and retention and oversees the overall federal workforce including managing, job announcement postings at USAJOBS.gov and setting governmentwide policies on hiring procedures.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Small Potato  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 05, 2019 2:51:36 PM(UTC)
Small Potato

Groups: Registered
Woman
United States

I am a GS 5.01. Been a GS 5.01 for three years...because I've been working temporary jobs with gaps. All in NPS under DOI. Now I work for USGS and finally got 52 weeks under my belt. But my HR officer says this agency only looks at its own time and disregards time in other DOI agencies. Any work-arounds with this problem? I feel like Sisyphus.
HR Bubba  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 06, 2019 4:58:58 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 230 time(s) in 183 post(s)
Since your HR Officer's response was that they only credit USGS time, I would suggest providing the below Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) reference to your HR Officer and ask them to provide DOI's WRITTEN policy with regard to creditable service as it appears to contradict the CFR:

PART 531—PAY UNDER THE GENERAL SCHEDULE
Subpart D—Within-Grade Increases

§531.406 Creditable service.

(a) General. Civilian employment in any branch of the Federal Government (executive, legislative, or judicial) or with a Government corporation as defined in section 103 of title 5, United States Code, is creditable service in the computation of a waiting period. Service credit is given during this employment for periods of annual, sick, and other leave with pay; advanced annual and sick leave; service under a temporary or term appointment; and service under an interim appointment made under §772.102 of this chapter. Depending on the specific provision of law or regulation, service may be creditable for the completion of one waiting period or for the completion of successive waiting periods. Paragraph (b) of this section identifies service which is creditable in the computation of a single waiting period. Paragraph (c) identifies service which is creditable in the computation of successive waiting periods.
thanks 1 user thanked for this useful post.
Small Potato on 6/6/2019(UTC)
Rss Feed  Atom Feed