Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Disability Retirement

The federal government allows employees who are unable to work to retire under a disability retirement. It is in the best interest of both employees and the federal government for employees to remain gainfully employed in their current grade or pay level, as long as they can provide useful and efficient service without endangering themselves, others or government property.
Disability retirement should be the very last option and should be used only when attempts have been made to preserve an individual's employment, and those attempts have failed.

Order our Disability Retirement guide to educate yourself on the rules and regulations concerning disability retirement for federal employees.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
American*Spirit  
#21 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 8:59:55 PM(UTC)
American*Spirit

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 14 post(s)

Calicoat,

Since I was just approved in June 2019, I have a long way to go to wrap up my case so I can just move on and forget about everything federal one day. So Im not going to think about any of my finalization for awhile. But I am getting an ulcer waiting on yours ! I believe it will come soon, right around the time for your payout on your auto accident and you are going to have lots of relief !!
Calicocat  
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:20:09 AM(UTC)
Calicocat

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Thank you for that encouraging reply. Sorry about the ulcer😵!

I can truly say that out of 35 years of nursing, working for the federal government was the biggest nightmare of my life. I had never seen so much dereliction of duty and ethics in my career. The employees just did whatever they wanted. Leaving the hospital for hours at a time on weekend shifts and sticking me with a whole ward of veterans. Corrupt supervisors who covered and lied for their buddies. God forbid you suggest something to improve service. I was bullied by both staff and veterans and the almost daily verbal abuse and threats of violence was a big culture shock.

Still I gave it my best everyday for years. The rewards were few, but occasionally worth the sacrifice. I worked in the homeless/PTSD/Substance Abuse programs. Not for the faint of heart, but I tried to bring respect and care to the veterans I served.

It’s a disgrace that there is so much corruption in the VA, but there are also those of us who did care about the mission and did the best we could.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed