Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

FBI

The Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) is an agency of the United States Department of Justice that serves as both a federal criminal investigative body and an internal intelligence agency. The FBI has investigative jurisdiction over violations of more than 200 categories of federal crime.

Headquartered in Washington, DC, the FBI has over 55 field offices located throughout the USA as well as smaller units throughout the world.

Perhaps you are working for the FBI or interested in working for the FBI. Here is a forum to share your experience with the FBI.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
QuietTenacity  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:17:59 AM(UTC)
QuietTenacity

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I searched the forums, but I didn't see an answer to my question.

In Dec 2018 I passed the first part of the IA test, but I failed the writing portion. I believe I'm allowed one retest after 1 year passes.

My question is, how does that work? Do they automatically send out an invitation to retest? Is there an action that I am required to do in order to re-initiate the testing process?

Thank you in advance.

TxShortie88  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 10:41:30 AM(UTC)
TxShortie88

United States

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I would call the local field office and ask. I just did Phase 3 and we were told prior to the interview that if we did not pass, we would have to reapply for an open vacancy, and then we would be reconsidered for P3. I would ASSUME that P2 would be the same.

Originally Posted by: cat00 Go to Quoted Post
I searched the forums, but I didn't see an answer to my question.

In Dec 2018 I passed the first part of the IA test, but I failed the writing portion. I believe I'm allowed one retest after 1 year passes.

My question is, how does that work? Do they automatically send out an invitation to retest? Is there an action that I am required to do in order to re-initiate the testing process?

Thank you in advance.

thanks 2 users thanked TxShortie88 for this useful post.
wskv on 6/18/2019(UTC), QuietTenacity on 6/28/2019(UTC)
wskv  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:45:05 PM(UTC)
wskv

United States

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TxShortie88 Go to Quoted Post
I just did Phase 3 and we were told prior to the interview that if we did not pass, we would have to reapply for an open vacancy, and then we would be reconsidered for P3.

I was told the same thing. I'd also like to mention that the 1 year mark, according to the HR representative, is based off of the date that the failure results were received, not the date of the initial application, the date of the testing, or anything else.

If what TxShortie88 and I were told holds true and you received your results for the writing assessment in January 1, 2019, you'd have to wait until after January 1, 2020 to reapply. I'd reach out to HR at your local FO just to make sure.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 18, 2019 3:47:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Clarification.

App: 9 Sep 18
P1: 21 Dec
P2: 31 Dec - Pass 23 Jan 19
P3: 12 Jun - Pass 18 Jun
CJO: 5 Jul
PSI: 29 Jul
Poly: 15 Aug - Fail 9 Sep
thanks 1 user thanked wskv for this useful post.
QuietTenacity on 6/28/2019(UTC)
QuietTenacity  
#4 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 8:11:39 AM(UTC)
QuietTenacity

United States

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
Oof...that's discouraging. Thank you for the information though. I appreciate knowing how things work.

Take care

UPDATE: I emailed the recruiter for our area and her response was this:
"Your Phase I score is good forever, so you won't have to retake it. You do have to wait one year from the date you tested to be eligible for a second attempt. At that point, there will need to be an open posting for you to apply to. I am not certain based on our current active IA pool, when we will put another posting out..."

Hope that info is helpful for someone.

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 9:51:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated to add new information

Rss Feed  Atom Feed