Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Social Security Administration

The Social Security Administration (SSA) is an independent agency of the United States federal government that administers Social Security, a social insurance program consisting of retirement, disability, and survivors' benefits. To qualify for these benefits, most American workers pay Social Security taxes on their earnings; future benefits are based on the employees' contributions. (Source: Wikipedia)

Perhaps you are working for the SSA or interested in working for the SSA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the SSA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Maverick  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 4:20:11 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I was wondering if anyone has heard news that SSA was going to curtail teleworking? A SSA worker in the field office said the union rep told them last week the SSA Payment Centers were going to end telework. There have also been articles indicating an impasses board recently sided with SSA management one several issues, and gave management the right to terminate teleworking.
This would very disappointing I don't think I can go back to fighting traffic 5 days a week.
Endless Summer  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 12:36:06 PM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 192 time(s) in 165 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Maverick Go to Quoted Post
I was wondering if anyone has heard news that SSA was going to curtail teleworking? A SSA worker in the field office said the union rep told them last week the SSA Payment Centers were going to end telework. There have also been articles indicating an impasses board recently sided with SSA management one several issues, and gave management the right to terminate teleworking.
This would very disappointing I don't think I can go back to fighting traffic 5 days a week.

It happened at the USDA. Went from a liberal telework policy to allowing one day per week only.
thanks 1 user thanked Endless Summer for this useful post.
Maverick on 6/17/2019(UTC)
Maverick  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 2:55:56 PM(UTC)

I could actually live with going from two telework days down to one, but not down to zero.
FS0201  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 6:05:07 PM(UTC)
FS0201

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 242 post(s)
DOI is taking core telework away from supervisors. Except in case of RA, it will be situational only. I know managers who regularly telework 80%, it will be significant for them.
The excuse of, "I read it on FederalSoup..." won't work. Please do your due diligence.
Maverick  
#5 Posted : Monday, October 28, 2019 4:43:25 PM(UTC)

The memo came out today 10/28/19. SSA is ending teleworking for payment centers, field offices and various other components. This is effective a week from Friday. This is disappointing I( had hoped we would at least keep one day of teleworking per week or per pay period
Rss Feed  Atom Feed