Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DEA

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Justice, tasked with combating drug smuggling and use within the United States. Not only is the DEA the lead agency for domestic enforcement of the drug policy of the United States sharing concurrent jurisdiction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it also has sole responsibility for coordinating and pursuing U.S. drug investigations abroad.

Perhaps you are working for the DEA or interested in working for the DEA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DEA.

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hampton121  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 6:05:53 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Just created a thread for people to talk about their process and possibly help each other through it. I do my testing in July in DC
nofacenoname  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 6:25:17 AM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
Just created a thread for people to talk about their process and possibly help each other through it. I do my testing in July in DC

I just got an email to schedule testing but unfortunately written test was full for July. Have to defer to August in DC. I asked to be put on a ready list in case someone cancels for July though. Process has gone waaaaaay quicker than it did last year. I applied last week and got an email late last night to schedule testing.
Hampton121  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 6:27:19 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Originally Posted by: nofacenoname Go to Quoted Post

I just got an email to schedule testing but unfortunately written test was full for July. Have to defer to August in DC. I asked to be put on a ready list in case someone cancels for July though. Process has gone waaaaaay quicker than it did last year. I applied last week and got an email late last night to schedule testing.

Yeah i made sure to choose July immediately when they sent me that invitation email because i applied back in like April so i wanted to hurry up and get this testing over with.
this is like my dream job right here. I have a BS in Criminal Justice so this is right down my alley
nofacenoname  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 6:43:22 AM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Yeah i made sure to choose July immediately when they sent me that invitation email because i applied back in like April so i wanted to hurry up and get this testing over with.
this is like my dream job right here. I have a BS in Criminal Justice so this is right down my alley

Yeah last year when I applied it took a few months for them to "qual" me and allow me to schedule testing. I guess I'm still in the system so getting me into the testing pool was much easier. Best of luck!
Hampton121  
#5 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 6:44:48 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Yeah last year when I applied it took a few months for them to "qual" me and allow me to schedule testing. I guess I'm still in the system so getting me into the testing pool was much easier. Best of luck!

They posted the same job announcement last year too? What phase did you get to last time you applied?
Agent117  
#6 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 7:58:31 AM(UTC)
Agent117

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hey guys I just sent in my packet to my recruiter. About how long did it take for you guys to be contacted for the written exam? Also, do you know if there are any study guides for the exam like with other agencies?
Hampton121  
#7 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 8:00:33 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Originally Posted by: Agent117 Go to Quoted Post
Hey guys I just sent in my packet to my recruiter. About how long did it take for you guys to be contacted for the written exam? Also, do you know if there are any study guides for the exam like with other agencies?

took me like a week and the study guide wasn't really useful.
nofacenoname  
#8 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 5:32:16 PM(UTC)
nofacenoname

They posted the same job announcement last year too? What phase did you get to last time you applied?

Yeah they had an announcement going for about the same time frame last year. I missed the written test by one point so got knocked out at that point. In hindsight it was a blessing in disguise because I had a lot of stuff come up that wouldn't have let me complete the process anyway.
Hampton121  
#9 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2019 7:39:02 PM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Ahh so they actually give u a point system in this test. What's a passing score?
nofacenoname  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:05:03 AM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Ahh so they actually give u a point system in this test. What's a passing score?

I think it was like 80% or something. It's an actual written test done on scantron (atleast it was last time).
Hampton121  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:07:03 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

I think it was like 80% or something. It's an actual written test done on scantron (atleast it was last time).

oh that's different. I haven't done a written scantron test since i was in college two years ago.
nofacenoname  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:46:40 AM(UTC)
nofacenoname

oh that's different. I haven't done a written scantron test since i was in college two years ago.

Yeah, it's not bad but can be confusing because you aren't actually writing so it can throw you off a bit. Overall it's not too difficult but you just need to really pay attention. Missing it by one point irked me a bit but it is what it is.

How soon after scheduling your testing did you hear back with a confirmation? Last year my process was different so I'm not sure on timelines. I emailed back yesterday giving my availability but haven't heard anything since.
Hampton121  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 4:49:02 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Yeah, it's not bad but can be confusing because you aren't actually writing so it can throw you off a bit. Overall it's not too difficult but you just need to really pay attention. Missing it by one point irked me a bit but it is what it is.

How soon after scheduling your testing did you hear back with a confirmation? Last year my process was different so I'm not sure on timelines. I emailed back yesterday giving my availability but haven't heard anything since.

Well i haven't received an official confirmation email yet. the guy said i would get one closer to the testing date

nofacenoname  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:09:40 AM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Well i haven't received an official confirmation email yet. the guy said i would get one closer to the testing date

Ahh ok so you didn't get a preliminary "we received your response and we have tentatively scheduled you" sort of thing? I thought I read we'd be receiving something like that but I might be reading it wrong.
Hampton121  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 8:40:56 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Ahh ok so you didn't get a preliminary "we received your response and we have tentatively scheduled you" sort of thing? I thought I read we'd be receiving something like that but I might be reading it wrong.

No i didn't get that
nofacenoname  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 9:51:21 AM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Ok cool. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything. Last time I did this it was over the phone so I never got any scheduling emails.
MavMan  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:18:39 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Just emailed the recruiting email! Waiting game now! Did ya'll call or just email your package in? I tried calling the recruiting number, but it went straight to voicemail.
Hampton121  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 10:27:01 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post
Just emailed the recruiting email! Waiting game now! Did ya'll call or just email your package in? I tried calling the recruiting number, but it went straight to voicemail.

I emailed my package in
Agent117  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 18, 2019 7:39:37 PM(UTC)
Agent117

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post

I called first then they sent me the Drug and occupational questionnaire. After I filled it out and sent it back in I received an email from the recruiter asking me to call him and I spoke with him over the phone the same day.
thanks 1 user thanked Agent117 for this useful post.
MavMan on 6/19/2019(UTC)
MavMan  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:47:31 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
If you dont mind me asking, which field office did you call. Im in Texas and could call the other office and see if i get an answer, but they're a lot farther.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed