Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

DEA

The Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) is a federal law enforcement agency under the United States Department of Justice, tasked with combating drug smuggling and use within the United States. Not only is the DEA the lead agency for domestic enforcement of the drug policy of the United States sharing concurrent jurisdiction with the Federal Bureau of Investigation, it also has sole responsibility for coordinating and pursuing U.S. drug investigations abroad.

Perhaps you are working for the DEA or interested in working for the DEA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the DEA.

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Hampton121  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 3:51:28 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 53 time(s) in 48 post(s)
Originally Posted by: MavMan Go to Quoted Post
If you dont mind me asking, which field office did you call. Im in Texas and could call the other office and see if i get an answer, but they're a lot farther.

Washington DC
thanks 1 user thanked Hampton121 for this useful post.
MavMan on 6/19/2019(UTC)
Agent117  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2019 7:40:12 PM(UTC)
Agent117

United States

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
If you dont mind me asking, which field office did you call. Im in Texas and could call the other office and see if i get an answer, but they're a lot farther.

I don't mind. I live in Pennsylvania so I called the Philadelphia field office...though the Newark, NJ field office would probably be a little closer, but every time I called the Newark field office I couldn't get in contact with anyone.
MavMan  
#23 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:47:27 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Thanks everyone! The recruiter emailed me last night so at least thats some communication.
nofacenoname  
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2019 3:31:54 PM(UTC)
nofacenoname

That's the problem with using recruiters for applicants over a central HR managing it. Some recruiters are better than others unfortunately. Hopefully the office you are recruited out of has a recruiter that's locked on and motivated to do work.
Hampton121  
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 11:13:51 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Well i got my official confirmation email for the MAC testing I'm doing all of my testing in DC the writing assessment next friday then the interview is saturday then the PTA is Sunday and if i'm lucky enough to pass all those assessments then my psychological exam is on Monday
nofacenoname  
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 1:37:46 PM(UTC)
nofacenoname

Originally Posted by: Hampton121 Go to Quoted Post
Well i got my official confirmation email for the MAC testing I'm doing all of my testing in DC the writing assessment next friday then the interview is saturday then the PTA is Sunday and if i'm lucky enough to pass all those assessments then my psychological exam is on Monday

Nice! I haven't gotten any kind of confirmation for the August timeframe yet but I figure it's coming eventually. I tried calling the MAC line but never got a response. I'm wanting to semi-plan my life around that timeframe but I'll stay flexible with it.
NEWbie2019  
#27 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 3:43:37 AM(UTC)
NEWbie2019

United States

Hampton121 your PM inbox is full so I can’t write you back!

Edited by user Friday, July 12, 2019 3:44:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Hampton121  
#28 Posted : Friday, July 12, 2019 3:45:57 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Originally Posted by: NEWbie2019 Go to Quoted Post
Hampton121 your PM inbox is full so I can’t write you back!

Okay i'm good now i deleted my messages
Agent117  
#29 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 6:14:17 AM(UTC)
Agent117

United States

Good luck man, my written test is this Friday, interview this Sunday, and PTA and Psychological on Monday (if i pass everything). I gotta admit I'm pretty nervous. The written exam I'm not too worried about, the interview makes me a little bit uneasy, but I've been told that I interview very well. I'm the most nervous about the PTA because it seems that's where most people get jammed up. I've been training for it, but I feel I need more time I'm going to see if I can just take it during another MAC event at a later date. I was told that more dates would become available, but I don't know how far out they will be. The good thing about the MAC is that it is voluntary so maybe there will be a little bit of flexibility as far as scheduling
Hampton121  
#30 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 6:18:50 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Originally Posted by: Agent117 Go to Quoted Post

Good luck man, my written test is this Friday, interview this Sunday, and PTA and Psychological on Monday (if i pass everything). I gotta admit I'm pretty nervous. The written exam I'm not too worried about, the interview makes me a little bit uneasy, but I've been told that I interview very well. I'm the most nervous about the PTA because it seems that's where most people get jammed up. I've been training for it, but I feel I need more time I'm going to see if I can just take it during another MAC event at a later date. I was told that more dates would become available, but I don't know how far out they will be. The good thing about the MAC is that it is voluntary so maybe there will be a little bit of flexibility as far as scheduling

I'm in the exact same boat as you in regards to the PTA the MAC ppl emailed me last night saying they can just reschedule my PTA within 90 days as long as i pass the other two portions the writing assessment and the interview. Where are you taking your MAC testing at?
Agent117  
#31 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 6:36:33 AM(UTC)
Agent117

United States

I'm in the exact same boat as you in regards to the PTA the MAC ppl emailed me last night saying they can just reschedule my PTA within 90 days as long as i pass the other two portions the writing assessment and the interview. Where are you taking your MAC testing at?

Good to know that I'm not the only one then lol oh ok that makes sense because I was told that if I failed the PTA I'd have to wait 90 days to retake it. After I take the exam and interview i'll ask about rescheduling it. I'm going to be taking it in Newark, NJ.
Hampton121  
#32 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 6:42:10 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Good to know that I'm not the only one then lol oh ok that makes sense because I was told that if I failed the PTA I'd have to wait 90 days to retake it. After I take the exam and interview i'll ask about rescheduling it. I'm going to be taking it in Newark, NJ.

Well good luck since we both taking our written assessments this friday I'll make sure to post my results and let yall know if i passed or not
Agent117  
#33 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 7:36:21 AM(UTC)
Agent117

United States

Well good luck since we both taking our written assessments this friday I'll make sure to post my results and let yall know if i passed or not

Thanks and to you as well. I'll do the same.

MavMan  
#34 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 7:40:29 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Did ya'll apply to the most recent vacancy, in June? How long after applying did you get any confirmation of your package accepted?...Also what is the MAC? I'm super new to the process.
Hampton121  
#35 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 7:43:07 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

Naw i applied to the vacancy in March that was posted September 2018. It took me bout a month before the DEA MAC reached out to me saying i was qualified and that if i wanted i could do the MAC Hiring process which is the same process for the DEA SA position all the tests are consolidated into one weekend to get you through the process faster to hurry up and make it to Quantico to complete basic training. The MAC is completely voluntary luckily one of the 4 testing places for the MAC was DC where i live so it was convienent for me
thanks 1 user thanked Hampton121 for this useful post.
MavMan on 7/15/2019(UTC)
Agent117  
#36 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 9:01:30 AM(UTC)
Agent117

United States

Did ya'll apply to the most recent vacancy, in June? How long after applying did you get any confirmation of your package accepted?...Also what is the MAC? I'm super new to the process.

Hampton did a pretty good job at explaining it. You'll be in contact with a recruiter from your local field office initially (I heard back from my recruiter within the same week). After that someone else will send you the information regarding testing (I'm assuming they're from HR) within about a month. MAC is the Mobile Assessment Center a part of the DEA's expedited hiring process. You will be sent a schedule of testing dates and locations. Once you decided on a testing date and time you email the DEA contact back your selection and they'll send you a confirmation email. You'll take the written exam, structured interview, Physical assessment, and maybe the psychological within the span of a couple of days and you'll know whether or not you passed pretty quickly.
They send you a study guide with what to expect for the written exam which doesn't look that hard. They'll also send you a break down of the scoring system for the Physical assessment.

Edited by user Monday, July 15, 2019 9:04:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

thanks 1 user thanked Agent117 for this useful post.
MavMan on 7/15/2019(UTC)
Agent117  
#37 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 9:11:02 AM(UTC)
Agent117

United States

btw I was wondering what you guys backgrounds are for my own curiosity? I figure it might also help someone in the future who stumbles across this post who wants to know the same thing.

I'm 30, I have a Bachelor's degree in Psychology, I'll have my Master's degree in Forensic Psychology in October and I'm currently a full time School District Police Officer.

MavMan  
#38 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 9:11:24 AM(UTC)
MavMan

United States

Thank you for the replies! If I am not selected to test would i get a rejection email or just not hear back?
Hampton121  
#39 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 9:18:45 AM(UTC)
Hampton121

United States

i'm sure you'll get a rejection email if they don't deem you qualified
Agent117  
#40 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 9:21:19 AM(UTC)
Agent117

United States

Thank you for the replies! If I am not selected to test would i get a rejection email or just not hear back?

NP, well when my recruiter called me he basically just went over the packet I submitted with me, asking about education, work, drug history etc. I think if you're not selected when your recruiter contacts you he will let you know whether or not you're going to move forward of not..so basically I don't think that you'll be left in the dark as to whether or not you're going to move on.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed