Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

VA (Department of Veterans Affairs)

The United States has the most comprehensive system of assistance for veterans of any nation in the world. This benefits system traces its roots back to 1636, when the Pilgrims of Plymouth Colony were at war with the Pequot Indians. The Pilgrims passed a law which stated that disabled soldiers would be supported by the colony. The establishment of the Veterans Administration came in 1930 when Congress authorized the President to "consolidate and coordinate Government activities affecting war veterans."

This forum also includes the Veterans Health Administration (VHA).

Perhaps you are working for the VA or interested in working for the VA. Here is a forum to share your experience with the VA.

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
iamtheyeti  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 7:18:43 PM(UTC)
iamtheyeti

Groups: Registered
United States

The pharmacy job market is pretty saturated which everybody knows. I am hoping being a veteran will give me a slight edge in finding a job. what i am not sure is should i go to the 30 % disabled veteran hiring authority route or am i better off taking the 10 points preference route. What are my chances? I am willing to move anywhere given I find a job as a pharmacist at a VA hospital.
Any advice is helpful. I am completely lost on how to approach the situation.
frankgonzalez  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 3:23:59 AM(UTC)
frankgonzalez

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 995 time(s) in 792 post(s)
Originally Posted by: iamtheyeti Go to Quoted Post
The pharmacy job market is pretty saturated which everybody knows. I am hoping being a veteran will give me a slight edge in finding a job. what i am not sure is should i go to the 30 % disabled veteran hiring authority route or am i better off taking the 10 points preference route. What are my chances? I am willing to move anywhere given I find a job as a pharmacist at a VA hospital.
Any advice is helpful. I am completely lost on how to approach the situation.
Odds are, the Pharmacists are excepted service, and so vet preference won't be a factor. However, being able to apply under VEOA and so be treated as if you are already a federal employee for hiring purposes can be useful. The fact they can use the 30% disabled or VRA (for up to GS11) as hiring authorities adds to the advantages you have.

You should have voted Cthulu...the greatest of all Evils
Rss Feed  Atom Feed