Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Federal Workers' Compensation

The Office of Workers' Compensation Programs administers four major disability compensation programs which provide wage replacement benefits, medical treatment, vocational rehabilitation and other benefits to certain workers or their dependents who experience work-related injury or occupational disease.

Here is a forum for members to share and exchange experiences regarding to workers' compensation related issues.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee pay, benefits, retirement, job rights and other workplace issues visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gfro  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 12:59:02 PM(UTC)

Groups: Registered

I got an ECAb decision denial ,but, it said I still have a claim pending for a different cause of my husband's death. OWCP said I have nothing pending. I wrote and pointed this out to ECAB because this has been my contention for years- no due process for a different cause of death I am claiming. OWCP keeps rolling it in with the original claim and therefore says it's already been considered even though I didn't know about this cause of death until after they denied the first claim. I appealed asking what's the deal with a pending claim because ECAB obviously thinks it deserves due process separately too. That was 4 months ago and although the director weighed in with a standard form type denial, I am told ECAB still has to rule on my questions. I don't know what I can do except to let them do it, but I wonder- has there ever been this type of problem before. Where ECAb thinks OWCP is doing something but it's not? I will file a tort claim if they can't get me due process but I worry the clock is ticking on this too. Would appreciate any thoughts or knowledge on this.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed