Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Financial Discussion

It is always wise to have a secure financial foundation. Here is a place to ask questions, exchange ideas and share information on how to make the most of your money.

To read today's top news stories on federal employee related news visit FederalDaily.com.
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
caminthechi77  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:04:15 AM(UTC)
caminthechi77

Groups: Registered
United States

I am trying to convert a CN-51 (salary is 94,691) to a GS employee at the grade 12 level. I want to make sure I am converting the pay correctly and giving them the right equivalent step. Does any one have any input on this or has done this before?

Edited by user Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:05:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Endless Summer  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:28:59 AM(UTC)
Endless Summer

Was thanked: 185 time(s) in 158 post(s)
Originally Posted by: caminthechi77 Go to Quoted Post
I am trying to convert a CN-51 (salary is 94,691) to a GS employee at the grade 12 level. I want to make sure I am converting the pay correctly and giving them the right equivalent step. Does any one have any input on this or has done this before?

It depends entirely on locality. In Washington DC a 12 step 5 would be the equivalent, but in "rest of US" you'd need a 12 step 9.

Go here to view the different locality pay schemes...

https://www.opm.gov/poli...s/2019/general-schedule/

Good luck
caminthechi77  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 3:33:24 AM(UTC)
caminthechi77

United States

Thank you
HR Bubba  
#4 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 4:42:33 AM(UTC)

Was thanked: 239 time(s) in 193 post(s)
Often, non GS systems have their own conversion out procedures that should be applied when an employee is leaving that pay schedule. I have not worked with the CN pay schedule, but a quick google search indicates that a CN-51 position is equivalent to GS-11, not GS-12. So, if this follows the same pattern I see with other non GS pay schedules the CN-51 position would convert out as a GS-11 probably at the step 10 rate, but could be step 9 (I would need to know the salary without locality to be specific). At this point, depending on how the action is being processed (e.g., promotion, new appointment, etc.) you would use either the two step promotion rule or you could use Highest Previous Rate (HPR) rules.
Rss Feed  Atom Feed